Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Battlefield 4 (PS4 & XB1)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan HAMsen View Post
    My copy of BF4 from the PS4 launch bundle is still in the shrinkwrap.

I have 80 hours of online play in. I think Snoop might be double that
    The dude abides.

Platoons now available to all BF4 players, not just premium members

Following its initial debut at the end of last month, DICE has now revealed that Battlefield 4's platoons are available to anyone playing the game, whether they paid extra for a Premium membership or not.

Though the developer has saddled the feature with a genre-appropriate name, the "platoons" found in Battlefield 4 are essentially identical to the "clans" found in many other online games. Each platoon features a unique name tag and emblem, as well as a private Battlelog feed. Up to 100 players can join a single platoon, and each virtual soldier's success on the battlefield will contribute to the group's overall rank.

Those hoping to create their own platoon of hardened online warriors will find full details under the "Home" tab on the Battlelog website, while those hoping to join a ready-made group of likeminded virtual killers should pay a visit to the "Platoons" section of the Battlefield 4 forums.

I probably have close to triple that amount JB. It's a great game that is always a nice call back when I'm trying to find something to play.

We need more then just JB and I to play!! We conference call on our phones and shoot the shit while we play and it's a blast.

Battlefield 4's Naval Strike DLC will launch on April 15 for players without Battlefield Premium memberships, according to a tweet from the official Battlefield account.

The DLC includes four additional seafaring maps, the new Carrier Assault mode — an homage to Battlefield 2142's Titan mode — and the hovercraft vehicle, which can be used both on land and on the water.

Courtesy: Polygon

Carrier Assault is fun as hell.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.
    The dude abides.

The Megalodon Easter Egg has been found:

That's pretty cool.
    The dude abides.

Decided to hop back onto Battlefield for the first time in several months to give the newer maps a try. It took me 10 minutes to get through all the battle packs I had accumulated through my premium membership.

I'm really digging carrier assault. A combination of my two favorite modes. Rush & Domination.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.
    The dude abides.

Battlefield 4 (PS4 & XB1)

I saw a video where there's a Megalodon that jumps out of the water and instakills anything it touches.. Coolest thing EVER!

Edit: Just noticed that CDJ posted it a few posts ago. D'oh!

DICE is teasing something major for Battlefield 4, yes Battlefield 4 at E3.
    The dude abides.

Does anyone still play this game?

I picked it up at Gamestop yesterday for $22, played till 1am.

Is it possible to play with other people and use a microphone? I'd like to play with a team and be able to communicate with them.

I tried playing online vs random people, seems like a lot of people just run around, they kill a lot but also die a lot. It would be cool if you could work as a team and communicate vs random running and shooting.

Edit: good news, I found my old PS3 headset, it's charging now but it seems to work with the PS4. I'd be interested to be able to talk with others playing so we can work as a team and sweep the enemies.

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Stere.../dp/B0053OLY9O

EDIT #2 so I plugged in the old PS3 headset, let it charge and BOOM it works like a charm on the PS4! This is going to be awesome playing some Battlefield 4 and being able to hear!
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 10-22-2015 at 05:19 PM.

New guy question.

For online play is there a way to make it to were you go to the same map each time? I'm trying to learn the maps and the layout of each area but each time I play it sends us to a different map. It seems like the people I'm playing against know them inside and out and I'm doing my best to figure out where I am on the map. Then I die and it sends me to a different place on the map and sometimes before I figure out where my new location is I die and it starts over again and again.

Can I make it play on 1 map?

Not online play as it's a rotation.
    The dude abides.

Next ?, if I purchase the Premium expansion in the PS store will it give me all the downloadable content?

I have Battlefield Hardline for PS4. I have the Standard edition. If I purchase the Premium will it include the expansion kits? I see there is a new one that came out in Sept (Robbery). If you have the Premium does it include all the past and future expansions?

Robbery is for Battlefield Hardline, not 4.

But yes if you buy premium you'll get all BF4 expansions.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Robbery is for Battlefield Hardline, not 4.

But yes if you buy premium you'll get all BF4 expansions.
    Cool, thank you sir.

I've been playing BF4 online that last couple of nights, it's similar to a drug, I keep telling myself, "Ok, 1 more then I'm off to bed...." I usually start around 9pm and have been going to bed around 2am! My wife thinks I'm nuts.

I usually see around 20 people on teams, around 10 v 10 for fun I popped BFH in and went into the online play it was like ANTS, 60 people playing at once 30 v 30 I started laughing as it looked like people outside of Walmart the day after Thanksgiving, running and jumping everywhere!

Not sure why, but I seem to like BF4 better. I guess I like the military behind it (Semper FI).

They are both good games, so far it seems like the campaign mode on BF4 has more A.I. people to shoot, BFH seems to have more story-line and less people to shoot. Maybe later in BFH it will have more enemies.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I play BF4 on PS4 and it works just fine.

I play on Xbox 1 and it works for a while then tells me "lost connection to EA servers". I know it's not my xbox, my kids will be on xbox live all day playing minecraft and it never looses connection. I have tried it wired and wireless. My internet speed is around 200m so it can't be the speed.

It only happens when I play BF4. It kicks me out to the main menu, then logs back and then it will work for 1 maybe 2 matches then boom, lost connection to ea servers. I've googled it and a lot of people seem to get the same issue, but there aren't really any fixes.

Is this b/c EA servers are overloaded the Battlefront?

Any tips?

Holy shit!

Good luck with this one, guys!

https://youtu.be/JuuzmOXL1bc

Momma said, "Don't play on the tracks!"

http://xboxclips.com/gigemaggs99/067...d89a6f1d/embed