Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 4 (PS4 & XB1)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    But you're also someone who isn't going to have complaints unless something is majorly broken. A lot of people are not like that. I don't have the disconnections very often, but the subtle lag, hit detection and the fact I have to burst fire anything over 15 feet is just asinine. You're experiencing those things, too, you're just not paying a whole lot of attention to it. EVERYONE is dealing with the hit detection being borked, it just affects some players more than others due to play style.

I run around the whole match and rely on reflexes to kill people, and it's painstakingly obvious to me when I get screwed out of a kill due to poor hit detection.

The potential is there for a really good game, but I can't have fun with it when my shots don't register. Also, I should note that I didn't have ANY hit detection problems on the PS3 version. However, on the PS4 and Xbox One versions, it's clearly there. I've played the PS4 version more, but it is right there in my face virtually every match on both systems for me.
    I never use burst fire and I'm not having a problem. Maybe you just need to adjust your playstyle
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Hearing of the issues has tempered my enthusiasm towards starting the PS4 version.
    Same, except that I never really had any enthusiasm for this title to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I never use burst fire and I'm not having a problem. Maybe you just need to adjust your playstyle
    I definitely don't(and it's not just me, anyway). I don't know what my k/d ratio is, but I'm pretty sure it's above 1, meaning that even with all the issues I'm having, I'm doing better than average. It's simply me getting a jump on people, trying to go full auto, and the vast majority of my bullets not registering. It's gotten to the point where I exclusively run around with my M16, because if I'm going to have to burst fire, I might as well use a gun designed for it. Even with a burst fire weapon, I can still feel some of my bullets going astray even though it shows me as getting a hit on the enemy.

Do a quick search around the internet for it. If you're not having any problems, then you're in the vast, and I mean VAST minority. There's tons of people noticing the hit detection, constants disconnections for some people, constant lag for some people, horrible spawn location and logic, and all kinds of other glitches. There's a ton of things that are wrong with this game, and it's specifically because it was rushed to beat Call of Duty Ghosts to the market.

You didn't have any problems with NCAA 14 either, and I could write a laundry list of things wrong with that game. Which is fine. If you're able to accept these games and their problems, awesome, it's probably a good trait to have because you can enjoy games for what they are. But, that doesn't mean other people aren't going to identify these problems and want them resolved so that they can enjoy a cleaner and bug free experience.

I definitely don't(and it's not just me, anyway). I don't know what my k/d ratio is, but I'm pretty sure it's above 1, meaning that even with all the issues I'm having, I'm doing better than average. It's simply me getting a jump on people, trying to go full auto, and the vast majority of my bullets not registering. It's gotten to the point where I exclusively run around with my M16, because if I'm going to have to burst fire, I might as well use a gun designed for it. Even with a burst fire weapon, I can still feel some of my bullets going astray even though it shows me as getting a hit on the enemy.

Do a quick search around the internet for it. If you're not having any problems, then you're in the vast, and I mean VAST minority. There's tons of people noticing the hit detection, constants disconnections for some people, constant lag for some people, horrible spawn location and logic, and all kinds of other glitches. There's a ton of things that are wrong with this game, and it's specifically because it was rushed to beat Call of Duty Ghosts to the market.

You didn't have any problems with NCAA 14 either, and I could write a laundry list of things wrong with that game. Which is fine. If you're able to accept these games and their problems, awesome, it's probably a good trait to have because you can enjoy games for what they are. But, that doesn't mean other people aren't going to identify these problems and want them resolved so that they can enjoy a cleaner and bug free experience.
    You forget that people that post on the internet bitching are a VAST minority
    The dude abides.

You forget that people that post on the internet bitching are a VAST minority
    True, but if these issues weren't as widespread as what they are, you wouldn't see every video game news outlet continually reporting on the issues. You also wouldn't see EA being investigated for a potential lawsuit. You also wouldn't see DICE talking about putting all their other projects on hold until they can fix all the issues with Battlefield 4.

Like I said, being able to overlook issues with the game is great trait to have; I honestly wish I was able to do the same. However, I can't, and there's no getting around that the online portion of this game right now and ever since launch has been hot garbage and seemingly everyone involved (DICE, media, investors, countless customers on the internet) acknowledges that.

True, but if these issues weren't as widespread as what they are, you wouldn't see every video game news outlet continually reporting on the issues. You also wouldn't see EA being investigated for a potential lawsuit. You also wouldn't see DICE talking about putting all their other projects on hold until they can fix all the issues with Battlefield 4.

Like I said, being able to overlook issues with the game is great trait to have; I honestly wish I was able to do the same. However, I can't, and there's no getting around that the online portion of this game right now and ever since launch has been hot garbage and seemingly everyone involved (DICE, media, investors, countless customers on the internet) acknowledges that.

You played NCAA for years of course you can overlook them.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    You played NCAA for years of course you can overlook them.
    Of course I played them, and I also bitched about all the issues they always had.

The difference here and why I played NCAA and not Battlefield, I could only get my college football fix from that game. Where as I can get my shooter fix from the endless shooters on the market. Battlefield peeves me especially, though, because I got the Premium membership and I feel as though I'm owed at least a halfway decent game where at the bare minimum if I shoot someone I get correct hit detection.

I guess I should consider myself lucky, though, as a lot of people can't even stay connected to games, and at least up to this point, I have not had that problem. Minor but consistent lag, horrific hit detection, and terrible spawn logic are my huge issues.

Another law firm lining up vs EA in regards to B4:

It's been only a week since the news broke that EA is being investigated by a US law firm over Battlefield 4; now the publisher is looking down the barrel of more legal trouble. The team behind the infamous Enron lawsuit has commenced a second class-action lawsuit against EA, making similar claims that the publisher made "materially false and misleading statements" regarding Battlefield 4.

Along those same lines, another game update is now available.
    Last edited by cdj; 12-18-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Even though switching teams/squads to join your friends isn't that big of a pain in the ass, I still wish they'd fix Battlelog so I could join right into the squad of a friend.
    The dude abides.

Add me guys I would love to play with some of yall. GT is THE PRUDENT. What modes do you all usually play? I play TDM when im rolling solo, but in a squad I love rush an conquest. Its my first go at Battlefield and I love it. I saw some of you guys don't like having to burst fire to hit people...I personally don't mind it bc anytime you hold down the trigger and just go for it you will lose some accuracy. My one bit of advice would be to try out the different scopes bc to me each one of them changes the way you need to shoot depending on the scope. For example, the acog is awful to me..i cant control the recoil with that scope to save my life, but with the same gun and a different scope I can control it a lot better. But yall add me...I would love to squad up.

Yes, but you're not losing accuracy in this game. Your shots are simply not registering even though they should be, aka, terrible game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by THE PRUDENT View Post
    Add me guys I would love to play with some of yall. GT is THE PRUDENT. What modes do you all usually play? I play TDM when im rolling solo, but in a squad I love rush an conquest. Its my first go at Battlefield and I love it. I saw some of you guys don't like having to burst fire to hit people...I personally don't mind it bc anytime you hold down the trigger and just go for it you will lose some accuracy. My one bit of advice would be to try out the different scopes bc to me each one of them changes the way you need to shoot depending on the scope. For example, the acog is awful to me..i cant control the recoil with that scope to save my life, but with the same gun and a different scope I can control it a lot better. But yall add me...I would love to squad up.
    I will be online tonight after 11:30pm, look me up gamertag is : psusnoop

Third law firm looking into action against EA as a result of B4 issues:

EA has been under a lot of scrutiny lately. First, law firm Holzer Holzer & Fistel, LLC launched an investigation to uncover whether or not the company deliberately misled investors on the state of Battlefield 4 and the game's impact on company revenue. Then, law firm Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd, LLP filed a class action lawsuit against the publisher. Now, law firm Bower Piven has likewise filed for a class action lawsuit, and is currently seeking a lead plaintiff.

Investors who lost more than $200,000 between July 24 and December 4 of this year have until February 17, 2014 to contact Bower Piven, should they wish to take up the mantle of lead plaintiff. The law firm alleges that EA violated the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 by failing to disclose the game's multitude of issues before release, which in turn left investors unable to make informed choices about their investments. EA's stock declined sharply following the announcement that future DICE projects would be put on hold until Battlefield 4 was fixed, hence Bower Piven's case.

Courtesy: Joystiq

Just picked this up today so I will look for you guys when I am on.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    Just picked this up today so I will look for you guys when I am on.
    Snoop and I are usually on around 9 central. I'm thinking the same will hold true tonight.
    The dude abides.

Snoop and I are usually on around 9 central. I'm thinking the same will hold true tonight.
    We will for sure be on ryby, want me to text you? It may be 1030-1045pm roughly.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    We will for sure be on ryby, want me to text you? It may be 1030-1045pm roughly.
    Friday nights are not good for me obviously as I am getting ready for work now.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    Friday nights are not good for me obviously as I am getting ready for work now.
    Well then you could play before you get ready for work
    The dude abides.

Played a few games the past few nights on PS4. All the matches were just infested with lag. I can't believe I actually forked over $50 for Premium.