Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 4 (PS4 & XB1)

• Facebook
  • Display
    China Rising is on disc. No download needed. Not sure if it is unlocked for non-Premium users yet though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan HAMsen View Post
    My launch bundle came with BF4. Still in the shrink-wrap.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I intend to give it a fair shake at some point, but I'm not a big fan of these kinds of games. In fairness to BF4, it isn't the only PS4 game still in the shrink.

I'll start steaming the new China Rising maps a little after 8 central.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4
    The dude abides.

I would really like to get some more players involved while JB and I play.

One big thing that we have noticed is that the guns you get to start without unlocking things are better (most cases) or equal to right from the start.

If you do want to play and get into it, I suggest the battlelog app as it's a pretty cool feature and it helps with your load outs as well.

I'm now live streaming the new China Rising DLC on the PS4 --- www.twitch.tv/JBHuskers
    The dude abides.

Well scratch that. I thought the DLC was on disc because they were showing up in the server browser. So no clue what's going on with the China Rising DLC.
    The dude abides.

China Rising DLC for Battlefield 4 is FINALLY out there for PS4 Premium members now...
    The dude abides.

Fixing Battlefield 4 is now a priority for DICE

DICE has halted all work on everything but Battlefield 4 until the issues plaguing the game have been resolved, publisher EA has claimed. DICE is currently working on the Mirror's Edge reboot and the upcoming Star Wars: Battlefront game, as well as the remaining Battlefield 4 expansions. What this means for those games and the state of the developer's pipeline remains to be seen.

"We know we still have a ways to go with fixing the game – it is absolutely our #1 priority. The team at DICE is working non-stop to update the game," an EA representative told IGN. "We know many of our players are frustrated, and we feel your pain. We will not stop until this is right."

As for releasing China Rising, the first of five major expansion packs planned for Battlefield 4, during these ongoing issues, EA told IGN the expansion was "already in the final stages of development by the time issues began with Battlefield 4," so the company "decided to fulfill our promise to deliver it this week."

EA has issued several patches for Battlefield 4 since its launch, including a fix for the one-hit kill glitch that has been seen in the PC version – the same patch that has since been delayed for PS4 – and improvements to the still-a-bit-shaky online stability of the PS4 game. As a result of issues across all platforms, DICE decided to reward those who've stuck with Battlefield 4 through the hard times with a double XP fan appreciation event, which ends tomorrow.

Battlefield 4 patched for PS3, 'small patch' for PS4

Battlefield 4 developer DICE has rolled out a pair of patches to PlayStation platforms that should help alleviate the work needed to fix the game. The significant PlayStation 3 patch is currently available in "all territories except North America." The studio is shooting to get the NA version live "as soon as possible."

The PlayStation 4 patch is a field dressing. It fixes the "one-hit kill" bug, enables audio in video capture and should fix a crash that occurs when "having a very large amounts of Friends." Let's gloss over the face that a core competence of Battlefield is supposed to be playing with lots of friends.

DICE notes, "We are already working on the next PS4 update that will contain more fixes and have a bigger focus on game stability. Stay tuned."

The Xbox One patch is still planned for this week.

Anybody wanna play tonight? I'm pretty much stuck in the house for the weekend thanks to this ice storm that's about to storm through Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    Anybody wanna play tonight? I'm pretty much stuck in the house for the weekend thanks to this ice storm that's about to storm through Dallas.
    Shoot me a text anytime you want to play! I rarely check the boards later at night.

I will be playing tonight anytime from 11pm to 2am est. I'm guessing JB will also be playing a little bit too.

The China Rising maps are pretty damn fun.

Cannot wait for Second Assult. Gonna be cool to see four old maps with the Frostbite 3.
    The dude abides.

EA Investigated by Law Firm Over Battlefield 4

The saga continues.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/..._medium=social

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    That lawsuit could be a BEAST as well. I don't follow the stock but I presume the stock has fallen quite a bit since that conference call. Basically, EA could be on the hook for EVERY $ that the stock lost for the shareholders that bought shares during that time frame.

I have no pity. The game in it's launch and current state is hot garbage. There is absolutely no doubt that EA knew it wasn't ready and released it anyway so it could compete with this year's Call of Duty. They deserve every single thing that potentially happens.

It seems like people either have no issues or it is virtually unplayable for them. Hearing of the issues has tempered my enthusiasm towards starting the PS4 version.

Apparently there may (or may not) be some rare Easter Egg in the game. While some started looking for Megaladon, it's looking like it may (or may not) be something dinosaur/Jurassic Park-related (see towards end of article). It's cool when devs add stuff like this, but reflects poorly on the team when there are long-lasting major issues. (Though, the guys who likely added any Easter Eggs properly weren't working on the game aspects that are borked, but that is no consolation.)

Yeah I'm definitely in the "little to no issue" camp, and I think Snoop is as well. I've been in 33 hours of play time into it, I think Snoop is around 55-60. Having an absolute blast with the game.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeah I'm definitely in the "little to no issue" camp, and I think Snoop is as well. I've been in 33 hours of play time into it, I think Snoop is around 55-60. Having an absolute blast with the game.
    But you're also someone who isn't going to have complaints unless something is majorly broken. A lot of people are not like that. I don't have the disconnections very often, but the subtle lag, hit detection and the fact I have to burst fire anything over 15 feet is just asinine. You're experiencing those things, too, you're just not paying a whole lot of attention to it. EVERYONE is dealing with the hit detection being borked, it just affects some players more than others due to play style.

I run around the whole match and rely on reflexes to kill people, and it's painstakingly obvious to me when I get screwed out of a kill due to poor hit detection.

The potential is there for a really good game, but I can't have fun with it when my shots don't register. Also, I should note that I didn't have ANY hit detection problems on the PS3 version. However, on the PS4 and Xbox One versions, it's clearly there. I've played the PS4 version more, but it is right there in my face virtually every match on both systems for me.

Yeah I never even popped my rental in. I just mailed it back to GameFly on Thursday. I'll just ride with Killzone when/if I get the desire to