Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1073

Thread: Xbox One - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I thought the freebies are done being free when a new month hits?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    They seem to be staggering their release schedules now.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    They seem to be staggering their release schedules now.
    Yeah they'd have 2 games from 1st to the 15th then 2 more from the 16th to the end of the month. Maybe with the holiday they forgot to shut the free switch down.

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I'm not sure what Just Cause 3 XL contains but from what I remember, the DLC wasn't much worth it. If the traditional game is cheaper, I would probably suggest going that route... double check what's in it to be sure though.
    I believe it was $24 for just the base game of Just Cause 3.

Right now I'm probably leaning Just Cause 3 and Dying Light, then I'll look for Witcher 3 around Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I'm around 130 hours into Fallout 4 and still have a crap ton to do, so I'm not sure I'd play Witcher 3 right away after finishing Fallout.

At least with Just Cause, while it's also an open world game, being action/adventure instead of RPG, it's something I can jump in and out of quickly just to dick around if I feel like doing something but don't have a ton of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Red Dead Redemption will be backwards compatible on Friday! And it's on sale now for Gold members for $7.50.

http://kotaku.com/red-dead-redemptio...pat-1783133375

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...5-d8025454082b
    Sweet! About damn time. And definitely grabbing it digitally for $7.50. That way I won't have to figure out where I put my old disc.

Damn, still a ton to do in Fallout 4, likely getting Dying Light and Just Cause 3 in the Xbox sale, now replaying RDR on Xbox One, I'm gonna be busy for the rest of the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

Right now I'm probably leaning Just Cause 3 and Dying Light, then I'll look for Witcher 3 around Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I'm around 130 hours into Fallout 4 and still have a crap ton to do, so I'm not sure I'd play Witcher 3 right away after finishing Fallout.

At least with Just Cause, while it's also an open world game, being action/adventure instead of RPG, it's something I can jump in and out of quickly just to dick around if I feel like doing something but don't have a ton of time.

Sweet! About damn time. And definitely grabbing it digitally for $7.50. That way I won't have to figure out where I put my old disc.

Damn, still a ton to do in Fallout 4, likely getting Dying Light and Just Cause 3 in the Xbox sale, now replaying RDR on Xbox One, I'm gonna be busy for the rest of the summer.

I figured someone will space out on the sale and that's when I'll put the game up lol

The dude abides.

Just Cause is a FUN, yet absolutely stupid game. IMO I would not buy the DLC but the base game is fun.

Now for Red Dead, I will definitely pick that up on Friday.

Just Cause is a FUN, yet absolutely stupid game. IMO I would not buy the DLC but the base game is fun.

Now for Red Dead, I will definitely pick that up on Friday.
    Yeah, Dying Light ($35.99) and base Just Cause 3 ($24) would work for me. Only end up being $60 in that case, nice and cheap for two good games, plus throw in another $7.50 for the BC RDR. And then I'll look for some good deals on Witcher 3 this winter. Sounds like a good plan to me!

Okay, I'm definitely holding off on Witcher 3. Word is there's a Game of the Year edition of Witcher 3 coming this fall, so in that case I'd rather wait for that.

So it looks like I'll be adding Dying Light at Just Cause 3 to my ever growing game collection.

The dude abides.

I saw that. Goddamn. And that better damn well mean we have an official announcement of RDR 2 by the end of this summer. Clearly people enjoy the game/series!

I saw that. Goddamn. And that better damn well mean we have an official announcement of RDR 2 by the end of this summer. Clearly people enjoy the game/series!

How long does the actual main story take to play for RDR?

How long does the actual main story take to play for RDR?
    20-30 hours depending on how many of the side missions you do. Here is a great site that gives estimates on how long any game takes to play.

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=7676

Which is on the extreme low side for me. Plus the fact it's an open world game, you'll very easily find yourself off fucking around doing something completely non-quest related.

For me, I take the estimated time and multiply it by 3. I'm already over 150 hours into Fallout 4, and I'm still in part 1! I have yet to even complete Reunions and have the Prydwen enter the Commonwealth.

But of those 150 hours, I've already completed 50+ miscellaneous quests, I've discovered probably 90% of the map now, I've actually entered and cleaned out 60% of the buildings I have discovered and am pretty much to the point of having nothing to do but the main story missions.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    20-30 hours depending on how many of the side missions you do. Here is a great site that gives estimates on how long any game takes to play.

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=7676
    That's a great site. I'm slower than most people so I'm closer to completionist levels on games like Uncharted and dragon age.

Bought RDR tonight for $7.49. Played 15 mins before bed. Fun game thus far. Huge mistake IMO that Sony didn't go backwards compatible.

I would like BC but I wouldn't call it a huge mistake. In fact, Sony leads the console wars and sold over 3 million copies of the UC collection. Their remasters are making good money for them that BC wouldn't allow. I think BC is more important initially and at this point I don't see it as a significant issue. I don't think most people buying consoles now really use that as a factor.

and we pass the Duke avatar to Rudy!

The mistake Sony made was PS Now over backwards compatibility for PS3 games. Does not matter that it is the top selling console, this was a bad decision.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 07-08-2016 at 07:55 AM.

I play much more PS4 than XB1, but yeah PS Now sucked. I didn't like it at all.
    The dude abides.

PS Now is terrible. I'd never pay for that stuff. Honestly after two plus years of a new console there are tons of new games now. BC is nice but i still argue it's most important at first launch, not two years later. At this point I don't care that much.

Played RDR for about 5 hours. It's shocking that its a PS3/360 game. It competes well with a lot of 4/1 titles. The games is beautiful to look and and a heck of a lot of fun. For under $8 it's a steal.

Nice!

I noticed that my game had a bunch of DLC that I didn't order... that's because it's free.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/07/0...ee-on-xbox-one