Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    Well, they still sell the game on Xbox 360 and PS4. You can still buy the game in some stores and online. And it's not like they have to remake the game to make it playable. They are essentially adding the 360 software to the One to be able to play games, as it virtually boots up like a 360 to play the games. You can even bring up the menus and friends list, start parties, etc exactly as you can already on 360. It's essentially nothing more than a 360 virtually inside the One. Yet no one is freaking out over NCAA still being played on 360 or PS3.

So how does that work? Can you put in an Xbox 360 disk and the Xbox1 will read it?

If that's the case why does it matter which games we vote on? If all the old Xbox 360 disks will work what does it matter what we want to work or not, wouldn't all of them work?

I wonder of the license issues could block NCAA 14. They do sell digital copies still so I don't think they can argue against it.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    So how does that work? Can you put in an Xbox 360 disk and the Xbox1 will read it?

If that's the case why does it matter which games we vote on? If all the old Xbox 360 disks will work what does it matter what we want to work or not, wouldn't all of them work?
    IIRC the disc is for verification and you're downloading an emulation.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post

That's my understanding of it. The 360 software is emulated in the Xbox One, and the 360 games will be essentially emulations of themselves in the 360 software. It's essentially doing whatever is needed in-house by the game companies to make sure the games will run properly in the emulated 360 software.

There is some work that has to be done to ensure the game works properly in the emulated 360 software, since it's likely not 100% exactly the same as an actual 360 console, but it's not like companies have to remake the game from the ground up.

If they are still selling games in the PS3 and 360 online stores, in physical brick and mortar stores and various online websites, making it backwards compatible for those who already own it is not gonna matter worth shit in regards to the court cases.

If being able to play it on the Xbox One is such a huge issue, then those in the court cases would be demanding EA, Xbox, Sony and every store and website in the country stop selling the game. The issue now is making the game, namely, making new games. Not selling the already existing game nor enabling the already owned game to be played on a second console. You would have to own the game to play it on Xbox One and you will have likely already owned the game on 360 or PS3 in that case if you want to play it on One so bad.

The thing that sucks for me is MS has added backwards capability and EA Access which I would like. Too bad Sony doesn't give us this.

Another great thing is Games With Gold freebies on 360 will now be playable on XB1
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post

Yep

Another great thing is Games With Gold freebies on 360 will now be playable on XB1v
    Yep, again.

New additions that have leaked out online, apparently verified by Microsoft employees. Halo: Reach, Mirror's Edge and Streets of Rage.

Some in the preview program are already reporting Streets of Rage as being available to install on their Ones. I tried my Halo: Reach disc, it wouldn't let me install so it must not be available to preview members yet, just internally at MS.

I have my Gears of War 1 disc handy, I'll have to try that tonight.
    The dude abides.

I picked up Gears of War 1 somewhere digitally. Unless it was a Games with Gold at one point, I don't remember how I got it, but it was listed as one of my games available to download. Got it installed right now, may jump on and see how it all works after I get done with a show here.

Will we be able to purchase 360 games from the xbox1 store section? I don't mean going to the online marketplace web store but actually finding and buying the games right from the xbox1 store on our consoles?

That I'm not sure, Jaymo.

Booting up for the first time with Gears of War, it boots up like a 360, then at least for the first time, it goes to a loading screen that says "Getting your Xbox 360 info..." Then it loads right into the game.

Pressing both middle buttons on the controller brings up the 360 guide. I can view my friend's list, start a party, chat, manage storage, view my achievements and rewards and then make changes to my profile and preferences.

It pulled up all my save info from 360 cloud storage with no problem. I can jump right into the Gears of War 1 campaign where I last left off on 360.

Sorry if I'm asking a dumb ?, I'm just not 100% sure how this is all going to work.

I do not have a physical copy of NCAA 14 for Xbox 360, I'm pretty sure I can purchase a used copy here in town at one of the local game-trade stores.

Is that all I will need to do, or is it going to be a download copy or different disk?

No, should be able to just buy an old used copy.

Apparently some German website has leaked the list of the first 100 compatable titles and... NCAA 14 is.... NOT on it Thanks again Mr. Obannon... you suck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Apparently some German website has leaked the list of the first 100 compatable titles and... NCAA 14 is.... NOT on it Thanks again Mr. Obama... you suck!!!
    Fixed.

Xbox will announce the first 100 compatible games on November 9th.

Looked up the leaked list and Ghost Recon games made it on, so that's cool, as those are fun.

No NCAA listed on the "supposed" list.