Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I LOVE "Xbox, Record That":

http://sdrv.ms/18FARQP
    That feature is awesome.

Does any one know if the new Xbox One controllers can be used on the 360 ?

That was just about the most retarded "review" I've read in months. And I didn't know Forbes was anti-American. I'm surprised you're not lighting up the torches CLW.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    That was just about the most retarded "review" I've read in months.
    Yes, it was.

Yeah, I read that yesterday. The suckers over at GAF really latched onto it, but honestly, I didn't read a single legitimate reason to not buy it. "It's bigger than the other consoles, so don't buy it." Really?

In other news, dumb ass me forgot to erase my content off the broken 360 I had sent in several months ago, and someone apparently came into possession of my hard drive and got my account info off of it. After a little coaxing, I was able to get Microsoft to completely delete the account and let me create a new one while keeping my gamer tag. Now I have to re-add like 90 friends and start over on achievements because everything was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Yes, it was.

I think the guy's kid wrote it. Very weak.

Yeah, I read that yesterday. The suckers over at GAF really latched onto it, but honestly, I didn't read a single legitimate reason to not buy it. "It's bigger than the other consoles, so don't buy it." Really?

In other news, dumb ass me forgot to erase my content off the broken 360 I had sent in several months ago, and someone apparently came into possession of my hard drive and got my account info off of it. After a little coaxing, I was able to get Microsoft to completely delete the account and let me create a new one while keeping my gamer tag. Now I have to re-add like 90 friends and start over on achievements because everything was deleted.
    Seems to me that the repair depot screwed you with their security process. M$ should have protocol in place such that data cannot be obtained off of broken HDDs.
    Just my opinion, as I think the only time I sent an Xbox360 in years ago, they had me remove and keep my HDD. Don't recall. In other words, I don't know their process.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Yes, it was.
    I stopped reading when I learned the MAN'S last name......Moorhead.......

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Seems to me that the repair depot screwed you with their security process. M$ should have protocol in place such that data cannot be obtained off of broken HDDs.
    Just my opinion, as I think the only time I sent an Xbox360 in years ago, they had me remove and keep my HDD. Don't recall. In other words, I don't know their process.
    Yeah, I don't know, either. That was the first time I've had to send in a 360 in a really long time. I got 2 free years of Live out of it, so I can live with having all my achievements erased.

Still, sucks to lose all your achievements.

Yeah, if it being bigger than the PS4 and than the 360 is such a deal breaker for buying it, then I hope all these douchebags online and Forbes will be telling people to not buy 50 inch TVs, since they're all so big, even if they are flat-screens. And don't buy the 40 inch, it's bigger than the 30 inch. Don't buy a desktop, it's bigger than a laptop (and not mobile). Don't buy a laptop, it's bigger than a tablet. Don't buy a tablet, it's bigger than a smartphone. Don't buy a smartphone, it's bigger than just a little standard cell phone. Etc, etc.

And not sure what's so antiquated about Kinect voice controls. I use Kinect voice controls probably 95% of the time now compared to controller, and almost everything can be done via voice, making the Kinect much quicker and easier to use for stuff instead of the controller. And if he has a problem with voice control altogether, then I hope he'll be writing an article telling people not to get DirecTV, since I keep seeing commercials of them trying to pimp this "voice control crap" to change your channels on DirecTV.

As for the price tag, hey, welcome to the free market. If it's too expensive for you, then don't get it, simple as that! Thank god for free will discretionary spending of one's own money. For me, the $500 investment was worth it. It won't be for others. Welcome to freedom of choice.

And as for games, uh, duh! All systems generally launch with a shitty list/number of available games. It's the same with both PS4 and Xbox One. They both released with some home runs, they both released with some duds, and both have small game lineups. The number and selection of games to purchase is going to be small and shitty on both systems until we get further beyond 2/3 weeks of them being out. Half of the really good games still yet to be released were already not going to be released or were pushed back to somewhere between March and August next year. It goes equally for both PS4 and Xbox One there.

So as I said, one gigantic shit of a dumbass review by a dumbass reviewer, whoever the hell this Moorhead douche is. Of course, leave it to CLW to latch onto anything and everything he can that is anti-Xbox, regardless of how dumbass it is.

XB1 fans not the sharpest knifes in the drawer:

No one gives a fuck. Go troll somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    No one gives a fuck. Go troll somewhere else.
    someone certainly does.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    someone certainly does.
    I think you're missing the point. Smooth doesn't care that someone bought a piece of paper with a picture of the One on it - it's just a tad ridiculous having to continually read your comments which are clearly just trolling trying to start trouble. There's several people on the boards that only game on Xbox, and I don't see any of them stinking up the Sony threads with vile. We get it, for some weird reason, you're 100% loyal to Sony and you'll do everything within your power to convey that through praising Sony and bashing Microsoft. But I mean, really, your 2 examples today just stink of trolling to the more severe degree.

First, you post an article "reviewing" the Xbox One while listing absolutely ridiculous reasons as to why people shouldn't buy an Xbox One. Secondly, you follow that up with a story of a person who got scammed, and it's somehow presumed to be because he was an Xbox fan, and therefore stupid. People get scammed that way on eBay ALL THE TIME. I guarantee you there were numerous people who bought PS4s off of people and never received it or received something like that guy did - a piece of paper just so they had a legit tracking number.

You're truly just being ridiculous and I'm sure it gets old with a lot of people. Why don't you enjoy your PS4 and stop posting junk about the Xbox. I mean, wouldn't that be easier on everyone?

That photo crap happened to both system during the last launch as well.

People would post a console and for the description would copy and paste lengthy previews, official specs, etc. and somewhere in the middle would add in "this auction is for a photo of the console." At least at the time, eBay couldn't/didn't do anything since technically the description stated what the item was for.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    That photo crap happened to both system during the last launch as well.

People would post a console and for the description would copy and paste lengthy previews, official specs, etc. and somewhere in the middle would add in "this auction is for a photo of the console." At least at the time, eBay couldn't/didn't do anything since technically the description stated what the item was for.
    Yeah, I saw an Xbox One listed that way and wondered if they could get away with it since it technically does state you're bidding on a photo (in this particular instance, the auction was around $600 and it was only for the Day One Achievement code).

Really pathetic but just goes to show how little people pay attention to the stuff they buy over the internet.

Do you know if eBay is doing anything about it now? I'd imagine if they didn't, people would be upset enough to take other measures to get their money back.

Yeah, I saw an Xbox One listed that way and wondered if they could get away with it since it technically does state you're bidding on a photo (in this particular instance, the auction was around $600 and it was only for the Day One Achievement code).

Really pathetic but just goes to show how little people pay attention to the stuff they buy over the internet.

Do you know if eBay is doing anything about it now? I'd imagine if they didn't, people would be upset enough to take other measures to get their money back.
    I think at the end of the video IGN said that Ebay told him they would give him his money back.