Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    Madden bundle with Madden for free on Xbone.

Microsoft on Xbox One: 1080p Isn't Some "Mythical, Perfect Resolution"

Xbox boss Phil Spencer says frame rate is "significantly more important" to gameplay than resolution.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mic.../1100-6421708/

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Microsoft on Xbox One: 1080p Isn't Some "Mythical, Perfect Resolution"

Xbox boss Phil Spencer says frame rate is "significantly more important" to gameplay than resolution.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mic.../1100-6421708/
    He's right. Framerate trumps resolution.

Absolutely, there's not even a debate, IMO. Once you play something at 60FPS, it's really hard to go back. However, compare something like 900p to 1080p and it's extremely hard to tell a difference.

Thinking about playing Halo/Gears of War at 60FPS has me foaming at the mouth. It's just a damn shame Destiny is locked at 30 on both systems. Lost opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    He's right. Framerate trumps resolution.
    So 1080p at 60 FPS = 720p at 60 FSP?

BTW - MS has conceded this console generation going by their own quotes from the past:

History has shown us that the first company to reach 10 million in console sales wins the generation battle.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news...first10pr.aspx

So IOU will you likewise concede defeat (like MS) now that PS4 has hit 10 million units well before XB1? Or will you continue to ignore history?

BTW - MS has conceded this console generation going by their own quotes from the past:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news...first10pr.aspx

So IOU will you likewise concede defeat (like MS) now that PS4 has hit 10 million units well before XB1? Or will you continue to ignore history?
    What exactly would I be defeated in if Sony ends up outselling Microsoft? The last I checked, I'm not affiliated with either one of them.

The only thing I can think of that you're referring to is when I said Microsoft would end up outselling Sony in America when it's all said and done, which I stand by. Us dude bro, mountain dew chugging gamers in America aren't going to ignore Gears of War, Halo, etc...while Sony releases indie titles year round.

Xbox One - Questions & General Comments on Console

So 1080p at 60 FPS = 720p at 60 FSP?
    For a lawyer, that's one really bad comparison.

720p 60 fps > 1080p 30 fps
    Last edited by souljahbill; 08-13-2014 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    For a lawyer, that's one really bad comparison.

720p 60 fps > 1080p 30 fps
    His reading comprehension is just really bad. When someone says frame rate is more important than resolution, he takes it as 1080p 60FPS < 720p 60FPS, which is obviously wrong, and also obviously not the point.

900p 60FPS > 1080p 30FPS would be a much more realistic comparison. Hence, I would rather have 60FPS than I would 1080p if given the choice. 900p and 60FPS is the sweet spot for me. If it hits both of those, I'm happy as can be.

Massive update currently rolling out to those of us in the Update Preview Program:

Parties – The Party App has been re-organized, so you can now see what activities everyone in your party is doing and tell more clearly who is playing in the same game with you. You can also more quickly perform common actions like muting, joining, or sending game invites. Also, Parties now have a Party Leader. This person can change whether the party requires invitations, and she/he can remove others from the party.

New Friends Section – The new Friends section has been available for a few early access preview members and we’re expanding it to additional participants enrolled in the preview program. The new Friends section enables you to see at a glance what’s going on with your friends. You can stay up-to-date with your current activities, the most popular games your friends are playing, and a Gamerscore leaderboard to see who has improved their Gamerscore the most over the last 30 days. We’ll continue to roll this feature out to all participants in the coming updates.

Media Player – A new app will be available soon that enables you to play media files from either an attached USB device or from a network connected home media server that supports DLNA protocols. The preview version of the Media Player app will initially only support USB devices, with DLNA support coming soon. Xbox One will support more formats than Xbox 360, including support for dozens of new file formats like mpeg 2 TS, animated gifs and mkv which will be added by the end of the year. See below for additional file formats.

Xbox One Digital TV Tuner – Announced last week, this new hardware accessory will enter a limited preview program in Europe (UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain), in advance of its retail launch beginning in October.

Stream TV to SmartGlass – Launching first in markets receiving the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner, you will be able to stream your TV across your home network to your smartphones and tablets using the Xbox SmartGlass app. You can also pause, play and rewind as well as change channels, without interrupting gameplay on Xbox One.

Boot to TV – Now you will be able to set your console to boot directly to television when coming out of connected standby.

Live TV Miniguide – For markets where OneGuide is available, a new mini guide on the bottom of the screen will display details about the TV content that is currently playing. You can quickly change channels and see what’s on other channels, while still watching TV.

SmartGlass Updates – You can now post status messages from the Activity Feed as well as add comments and share items from both your Activity Feed and from Game Clips. Along with the new comment and share features, a personalized Activity Feed has been added to your profile. Messages have been updated to a new layout supporting a full conversation view. Additionally, we are adding the ability to record game clips directly from the Now Playing bar. Finally, if you upgrade the app directly we have introduced a What’s New page highlighting the features of each release.

“Xbox On” in New Markets – Adding support for additional markets to use the “Xbox On” Kinect voice command to power on consoles: Australia, Canada (French), Italy, Spain, Mexico, and Brazil – a top used feature.

Country Expansion – We’re doing a lot of work on the backend to prepare for Xbox One to launch in 29 new markets in the coming weeks.

Multiple GameDVR Deletes – You will be able to choose multiple GameDVR clips to delete at once in the Upload app.

Save your Avatar Gamerpic – A new option is now available to save Avatar GamerPics to your OneDrive.

Settings Updates – New options help you manage your controllers and accessories. Also, Instant Sign-In is being moved to Settings, to the Sign-in, security & Passkey area.

Bandwidth Usage Display – Located in Network Settings under the Troubleshooting column, Bandwidth Usage will show you how much bandwidth your Xbox One is consuming over a period of time. This is useful if you want to track against bandwidth caps set by ISPs in certain markets.

XBL now hit with DDOS, services limited. Same group that took down PSN is taking credit.

Oh for fuck's sake. Obama better fucking blast every one of those fuckers off the earth with drones. ISIS and Syria can suck my dick.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    XBL now hit with DDOS, services limited. Same group that took down PSN is taking credit.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    It's why I bust out laughing every time someone says "PSN is just as good as Xbox Live now."
    Yep look the same to me.

lol

Yep look the same to me.
    I've signed on with no problems at various points today and I have a ton of friends on as well, so if there's problems, it's not widespread.

Even if there was problems, the old "PSN is just as good as Xbox Live" statement is still hilarious. Getting any good online gaming in today?

XBOX LIVE PROBLEMS LINGER AS SIGN-IN ISSUES RESOLVED

Microsoft is working to get the issues fixed ASAP.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/...ssues-resolved

Pretty sure most of it was phantom reports by butt hurt PS fanboys honestly.

No one I know had any problems and I logged on/off myself at least half a dozen times yesterday with no problems whatsoever. There was a Xbox Live service alert yesterday, but there's been service alerts for the past several weeks. The weird thing is that I've been having issues with achievements unlocking. I'll meet the requirement, and it'll say "100%" complete, but it'll still be locked. Usually a few hours later it'll just randomly unlock.

This all started around the time they were integrating Xbox One stuff with xbox.com, so I figure that probably has something to do with it.

Can't wait to play this over again.

The dude abides.

Yep, going to be awesome. Best zombie game I've played. Never got around to playing the expansions, so this is going to be a treat.