Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    This is not "my xbox" I wish!

I can't believe they're not selling those. I would've bought it day one.

Microsoft Wants To Serve Political Ads With User Data

Xbox Live reaches coveted demographics.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/...808e2372000025

Microsoft's Xbox Is on Its Last Life

http://www.bloombergview.com/article...ife?cmpid=yhoo

He spouts incorrect information in the 2nd paragraph. It is not being outsold 2:1 in the US. Hell, it's not even 2:1 worldwide and that's with Sony having launched in a lot more countries. Sony announced 6 million worldwide sales just a few days ago. Microsoft hasn't updated their numbers to my knowledge since early this year to say they sold 3.2 million consoles in 2013 alone.

Unless they've sold 0 consoles since then, it's not 2:1. Considering the Xbox One is selling by far best in the US, it's safe to say it's also not even close to getting outsold 2:1 in the US.

Typical click bait doom and gloom article.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    CLW has subscribed to the liberal strategy of misinformation and lying. Sad.
    Where did I say I agreed with anything in the article? I missed it. It's just some guy's take on the XB1 so I copied/pasted verbatim the article's headline with a link to the full article.

Agreed. Very hard to vote these days. I guess I have a bit of optimism left
    Fair enough.

I know, I know... It's all for the lulz, right?
    Either business is REALLY good for him such that his minions at work are doing most of the work.......or he's actually lacking business and has plenty of troll time at work.....

Headset question:

Bear with me, as I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but merely would like some feedback.

I want a headset in order to play games, movies, and streaming shows at night without disturbing the family. I don't play MP much, but will with Titanfall of course. So I'm thinking about one of the new Xbox One headsets, so they run off the controller which means it has be active for any of those activities. Not a big deal. Obviously I'd have chat functionality with those.

My other option would be to get the XB1 headset adapter, and I could listen to audio on any of those activities with headphones of my choosing but would not have chat functionality or control.

Other option would be a separate wireless headset that runs through my receiver, independent of the controller. But have to deal with recharging it and obviously no chat functionality either.

I have that right, correct?
    Last edited by AustinWolv; 03-11-2014 at 10:45 AM.

Glad it's back to Xbox discussion.

Headset question:

Bear with me, as I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but merely would like some feedback.

I want a headset in order to play games, movies, and streaming shows at night without disturbing the family. I don't play MP much, but will with Titanfall of course. So I'm thinking about one of the new Xbox One headsets, so they run off the controller which means it has be active for any of those activities. Not a big deal. Obviously I'd have chat functionality with those.

My other option would be to get the XB1 headset adapter, and I could listen to audio on any of those activities with headphones of my choosing but would not have chat functionality or control.

Other option would be a separate wireless headset that runs through my receiver, independent of the controller. But have to deal with recharging it and obviously no chat functionality either.

I have that right, correct?
    Yeah, that's about it. Any wired headset that you plug into the adapter will get audio through the controller. If it has a mic, you'll also *PROBABLY* get voice capabilities. There are some headsets that don't work that way, though.

Some wireless headsets would work with chat, but only the ones like the Astros that require you to run a cable from the headset or mixamp to the controller. With that setup, you'd have optical from the mixamp to the Xbox One, and then a chat cable from the headset to the adapter on the controller.

My setup (when I find an adapter) is going to be like that. I have the Astro A40s, so right now I have an optical cable going from my mixamp to my Xbox One. It's a wired headset, so then I have a cable connecting my Astros to the mixamp for game audio. When I get the adapter, I'll just have to run a separate cable from my mixamp to the adapter and I'll get audio from my optical (since it's surround sound and the adapter isn't) and I'll get chat from the adapter.

It really just depends on how you want to do things and how much you're willing to spend. Just to be clear, though, ANY wired headset plugged into the adapter will at least give you game audio through the controller. If it has a mic, it might allow voice.

With that adapter if I have a turtle beach head set wired one will it work normally on the Xbox one or am I better off waiting for a new set?

It should work with the adapter.

How do I get pass the this damn "Check Your home Network" message to sign on my xbox one? It won't let me sign . This is confusing ...

Ok so seriously fucking xbox live is down ? damn u titan fall!!

I'm online and playing but the support site says there are some problems signing in:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

This happened a few days after launch and it was only down for a few hours. If you get signed in you'll be fine. I've been on and off most of the day with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I'm online and playing but the support site says there are some problems signing in:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

This happened a few days after launch and it was only down for a few hours. If you get signed in you'll be fine. I've been on and off most of the day with no problems.

I wasn't able to get on at all! Stupid servers I thought they where suppose to be better this go around!!! Too bad Microsoft lies like a mother fucker!

I didn't have any issues. I've been on all day. It's just one of those things that happens. There's an issue with Netflix right now on Xbox One for instance. Servers go bad, something goes wrong with a wire or connection, that's electronics for you. It'll be fixed in due time.

I usnerstand it though it sucks still. Just sucks I won't be able to play ti all really by the time it actually downlaods tonight once the servers get bac and I gotta install 2 other games ghost and DR3 ...

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I didn't have any issues. I've been on all day. It's just one of those things that happens. There's an issue with Netflix right now on Xbox One for instance. Servers go bad, something goes wrong with a wire or connection, that's electronics for you. It'll be fixed in due time.
    I didn't either. It was basically if you were trying to log on from like 6 p.m. EST to 10 EST. They've already fixed it so it's safe to log off.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    I usnerstand it though it sucks still. Just sucks I won't be able to play ti all really by the time it actually downlaods tonight once the servers get bac and I gotta install 2 other games ghost and DR3 ...
    They're up, man. Microsoft fixed the log in issue about 2 hours ago. You should have no problems.