Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan HAMsen View Post
    I haven't looked at the details yet, but that might work out for me. I have a 360 that I bought a few months ago in hopes that Live Gold would count as a service provider for WatchESPN. I don't have any games for it or anything. It would be great to get half my money back.
    How is that possible and when? That would be awesome.

I think it's still tied to your cable company on the 360.
    The dude abides.

very true JB i need to upgrade. but i went to the gb sf wild card game instead

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I think it's still tied to your cable company on the 360.
    Correct. I was disappointed.

Still, watching the free content on WatchESPN was smoother on the 360 than on PC, so I kept it.

ESPN360 was great, but then ESPN changed to the WatchESPN format a couple years ago. Bullshit. I can only watch some ESPN3 stuff now, but no ESPN or ESPN2 which sucks. If your cable/internet provider has a deal in place with WatchESPN then you can get it on 360 or XB1.

Unfortunately, U-verse doesn't have such a deal in place, so no ESPN on 360 or XB1 for me yet.

Really, really wish they would just get a deal done. Sucks having really nice TVs but having a subpar picture because I'm streaming games to my laptop over the net from some foreign website and then watching that on my TV. Oh well, hell of a lot cheaper than getting raped by having cable TV service!

Finally clicked the link...

Looks like the trade in promotion is only good in Microsoft Stores, which I didn't know existed. Doesn't seem to be one close.

Maybe I'll trade the 360 in at GameStop for, like, $15 or whatever.

I’m excited to be able to share details with you today about several product updates we’ll be delivering for Xbox One starting next week. The team has been really excited to see the gameplay on Xbox One and the millions of hours of fun our fans have experienced since launch. We’ve also been busy listening to your feedback and working hard to incorporate it into Xbox One as soon as possible. We remain incredibly energized and we are aggressively working to make Xbox One better, faster than ever before.

Xbox One is a platform for continuous innovation and new consumer experiences over time. Just as we did with Xbox 360, Xbox One will have regular updates to deliver new features and platform experiences designed to delight you. We’re always listening to you and we love your feedback, so keep it coming.
    February 11 system updates

On February 11, the first update will be delivered to customers who sign into their Xbox One. It features many new improvements – including lots of behind-the-scenes updates for developers building apps and games for Xbox One, several new features we believe Xbox fans will love, stability and product updates to improve the customer experience, and continuous improvements to the quality of Kinect voice so commands become more fluid and responsive over time. While we won’t be going into all of the details of the product updates today, we will be sharing more information soon.

Some of the features you can expect to see on February 11 include:

The ability to see and manage your storage space. With this update, you will find it easy to find how much space your content takes up and better manage your content. You can also control your install lineup and more easily manage your download queue. We’ve separated My Games and My Apps into separate lists, so you can easily create separate queues for both. Now you can pick the order in which you want your content to load and we’ve added a boot progress indicator so you can better track updates while they load.

The battery power indicator is back! You can see it right on the home screen, so you can easily track how much battery life is left on your controller.
    And, you will be able to use your USB keyboard with your Xbox One.

These are just a few of the many updates we will be shipping on February 11. We’ll share more details on these and other upcoming features in the coming weeks. We have several surprises in store that we think you’ll love.

March 4 system updates – countdown to “Titanfall”

On March 4, in advance of what is expected to be the biggest game launch of the year, we will be delivering another system update to prepare your Xbox One for “Titanfall.” This update will contain many new features and improvements, most significantly to our party and multiplayer systems. Available on March 11, “Titanfall” is a team-based online multiplayer game that showcases the power of Xbox Live, and we will be shipping a new party and multiplayer system that will help make “Titanfall” the must-have game for this generation.

This post is the first of many announcements and sneak peeks at features in the system updates. We’ve been carefully listening to your feedback and look forward to delivering many new features that will make Xbox One even better. We’re just getting started and can’t wait to share more information in the coming weeks.
    About damn time. This new party system update had better be all kinds of amazing.

Excellent. Looks like most of my couple issues with the Xbox One are about to be fixed.

I hope they make flipping through achievements more intuitive as well. Kind of annoying that you go to look at one in detail and then can't go back to the list easily.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Excellent. Looks like most of my couple issues with the Xbox One are about to be fixed.
    Yeah, it's shocking to me it even launched without some of this stuff, but at least they were relatively quick in getting it patched.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    I hope they make flipping through achievements more intuitive as well. Kind of annoying that you go to look at one in detail and then can't go back to the list easily.
    Agree, a lot of the navigation is a complete mess. One of the guys I follow on Twitter that works at Microsoft was teasing much more being included with the update (I'm guessing streaming to Twitch or something else big).

Yeah, excited to see what else is streamlined and "fixed". Separating games and apps is a very good thing IMO.

Hooray, for stuff we should have had at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Hooray, for stuff we should have had at launch.
    CLW hacked his account
    The dude abides.

Eh, with a whole new OS, I can see how things got overlooked, but you'd think they would have taken some testing time with 360 users to see what should carry over or what little things they did/appreciated that should have been carried over to XB1. Besides the battery check thing and being able to scroll/review achievements more easily, I don't have too much to complain about. Granted, have been busy and haven't spent a lot of time "power using" the OS and homepage versus just playing games.
    And that was silly to not have storage accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    CLW hacked his account
    Unlike CLW, I am pretty cynical towards both next-gen consoles. I give MS no slack just because I own one, in fact I am harder on it because I own one.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Unlike CLW, I am pretty cynical towards both next-gen consoles. I give MS no slack just because I own one, in fact I am harder on it because I own one.
    Exactly. It's asinine how much stuff was left out of these consoles at launch. Everyone gets on Microsoft for rushing to the market, but they both did exactly that. Microsoft is really on my shit list due to the fact that they had party systems working perfectly on 360, and then turned around and completely messed it up.

Sniper Elite Dev Explains Xbox One 1080p Difficulties

"I think the Xbox One is gonna catch up."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/...p-difficulties

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Sniper Elite Dev Explains Xbox One 1080p Difficulties

"I think the Xbox One is gonna catch up."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/...p-difficulties
    was there any doubt

A. Xbox One is more than capable of games being 1080p and running at 60 FPS. Development kits have been buggy and that's been known since before launch. As those get better, developers will have an easier job of getting the most out of the system.

B. PS4 is quite simply more powerful, so there will never been true parity between the two.

C. Anyone who cares about this stuff and fights over it like I've seen numerous doing since launch should build themselves a nice PC, which blows both of them away.

January 2014 NPD: PlayStation 4 outsells Xbox One by 2-to-1 margin

http://venturebeat.com/2014/02/13/january-2014-npd-playstation-4-extends-its-lead/