Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display

Achievement list for the Youtube app on Xbox One. One of the achievements says to "upload video from your Xbox..." so it kind of looks like we might be getting the ability to upload videos to YT sometime soon.

Nice! That would cut out the middle man between saving it on the console and uploading it to Youtube on the computer.

Ability to upload clips directly to YT comes tomorrow.

Game DVR and Upload are among the most used apps on Xbox One. We know how important it is to be able to easily watch and share video clips, and starting tomorrow we’re rolling out an update to the YouTube app on Xbox One that integrates Game DVR and Upload with YouTube**, making it easier than ever to capture and share game clips with the world.

Now, use Game DVR to capture epic gaming moments, edit them in Upload Studio, and, with the simple click of a button inside the YouTube app (look for My Uploads**), share them instantly to your YouTube channel. The updated YouTube experience also allows you to watch YouTube videos in Snap Mode, add individual YouTube videos to your Pins, earn Media Achievements, and add your YouTube channels to OneGuide for instant access to YouTube videos right next to your favorite TV listings or App Channels.

That is some crazy integration.

I screwed around with the Twitch stuff on Titanfall the other night. Very awesome getting it pulled up via Kinect by snapping then unsnapping to go full screen while still broadcasting.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Ability to upload clips directly to YT comes tomorrow.
    Cool stuff. Hopefully this works well and PS4 has the same ability.

From Major Nelson:

Tonight, we will begin rolling out the next Xbox One system update. Again, I’d like to thank all of the Xbox Live members who previewed features with us and shared some of their feedback. Their input helped shape this system update, and we look forward to expanding our list of previewing Xbox Live members in the coming months.

Here’s the final breakdown of the features rolling out to Xbox One systems starting tonight and over the next few days:

Game and app saves and updates. A game save progress bar will show you the status of your game saves. You will also be able to easily tell what games and apps are being updated or have been updated recently.
    Friends improvements. Notifications will be added to see when favorites and friends sign in to Xbox Live. This was one of the most frequently requested features, so we made it a priority to include it in this update. Also, friends who are in multiplayer will be identified in the friends list.
    Kinect voice and motion improvements will continue to be fine-tuned for quality and reliability of Xbox One commands. For example, we’ve updated some of the gesture functionality to reduce false positives on non-hand objects triggering gesture commands.
    Improved GameDVR video quality through compression algorithm improvements.
    Blu-ray player supports 50 Hz video output for content recorded at 50 Hz. We’ll also be updating the Blu-ray Player app in the coming days to round out these improvements.
    Controller and headset adaptor firmware updates will reduce audio static and improve wireless connectivity.
    Silent reboot after system updates and system update on demand now available. If your console is in Instant On mode, the update will happen automatically and return to standby upon completion. This means you won’t need to power on your console after an update moving forward. If you want to take future updates when available without waiting for your console to do it on its own, we’ve added this option under system settings and you’ll be able to use it next update. It will only show as available when there is an update to take.

Thanks again for everyone’s feedback on particular features previewed these past few months and keep the feedback coming.

Has anyone got the update yet?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Has anyone got the update yet?

I don't believe so, I haven't seen my One light up to update yet.

You can usually force it by switching your system over to instant on (or power saver, power off, then instant on, then power off and wait) and turning the system off and waiting. I haven't tried it yet, but that's how I've got previous updates to go through.

Good update, though. Here's to hoping for external storage support in May's update (and that there's no limit on the external storage drive like what there is on 360). I'm starting to run low.

Yep, I've got the update already. Getting friend's list notifications now. Damn I missed those. Microsoft is killing it with these updates. Put your system in instant on mode and turn it off and it should start updating within 20 minutes or so.

Alright, I'll have to switch it. I think mine is still in instant on since the last update, I never switched it back.

I'm definitely looking forward to the friend notifications coming back. It was getting a little repetitive having to constantly pull up the friend's list to see who was online and who was doing what, especially when I'm waiting for one or two specific friends to get online. I would have no clue when they get online other than only by pulling up the friends list.

Alright, I guess it updated on its own. I just turned my console on to try and force the update, and it looked like it was already in the middle of updating. So I'm all good to go then.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    You can usually force it by switching your system over to instant on (or power saver, power off, then instant on, then power off and wait) and turning the system off and waiting. I haven't tried it yet, but that's how I've got previous updates to go through.

Good update, though. Here's to hoping for external storage support in May's update (and that there's no limit on the external storage drive like what there is on 360). I'm starting to run low.
    Tried that and it didn't work. I was already on Instant On. Will I get some sort of notification that the system did update?
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Tried that and it didn't work. I was already on Instant On. Will I get some sort of notification that the system did update?
    Nope. Only way to tell is under system information where it'll have 1404 instead of 1403. You'll also be able to change your notification preferences under preferences in settings. This is the last update that follows a staggered release. Some people got it last night, some will get it today, others will get it tomorrow. After this update, there will update button under settings > system that will allow you to update manually.

Thanks. I'll double check when I get home.

The dude abides.

Just got prompted to install the update (even though I have the automatically update option on, along with Instant On).
    The dude abides.

LOL! As soon as I saw the numbers on Joystiq, I came straight to this thread and got EXACTLY what I was expecting.

By the way, during the last beta update for the April update, we were able to invite friends to be a part of the preview program. I invited Smooth, Austin, and JB, so if you guys get some kind of message, that's why. It's not a guarantee to get in, but once you're in, you'll be able to preview ALL future beta updates, presumably starting with the May update preview, which should be coming relatively soon. You do not have to accept it and if you do, you can always unregister within the app.

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up. I sent it a few days ago so it'll be at least another few days before you get a message on Live, possibly even not until they start rolling out the new update. I figured some of you guys might be interested, so I just invited you all instead of asking.