Page 80 of 89 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1763

Thread: PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    All PS4s are HDR capable now via firmware update 4.01. Anyone here who has a 4K HDR capable set let us know your impressions or if you notice any difference.

I may be buying my new TV earlier now, because of this. Was going to wait until the PS4 with a 4K bluray player comes out, if it ever does.

I wonder if there will be another Ps4 with a 4k drive. I'd love to see a true 4k movie. I would have traded up for one of those. But without it I will pass on the pro. I won't be buying a dedicated 4k player either. I'd just buy an xbox one S if I did that. I know the future of movies is streaming but there is very little 4k streaming content. Google Play Movies has none right now. The Sony Ultra service is only available in the US and not Canada. I don't think the Playstation store has any 4k movies either right now and Sony televisions do have that app to stream 4k too.

I don't think my satellite service is offering 4k service any time soon. Bell Fibe is fiberoptics over here and is offering some but it's only in certain markets right now.

I'm one of those people that still buys Blu-Rays, because I want the best quality and uncompressed sound. So the only way I'll watch 4K movies is on disc. I'll just wait it out. Not buying an XBOX One S, because it can't output DTS:X or Dolby Atmos which the PS4 can.

Pro embargo has ended. Really wish this thing had a 4K disc player. I may consider upgrading when Horizon Zero Dawn comes out. I'm guessing they may have a bundle. Current EB Games promo is offering C$210 for a One/PS4 to upgrade ($499 over here).

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pla...GSS-05-10aaa0b

"Should you buy a PlayStation 4 Pro? If you have a 4K HDR TV and are looking to buy a console, I’d definitely recommend the PS4 Pro. Even if you have a 1080p TV and are looking to buy a PlayStation, I’d still lean more toward the Pro. Yes, it does cost $100 more than the Slim model, but you get more ports, twice the storage space, more future-proof hardware in the event that you ever decide to get a 4K TV, and some games can look slightly better at 1080p.

If you already have a PS4, however, I wouldn’t make the upgrade unless you have a 4K HDR TV and the extra cash lying around. Graphics enthusiasts may appreciate the improved anti-aliasing and more vibrant colors, but the differences likely won’t blow most people away.

Regardless, the PS4 Pro is priced fairly, offers a plethora of features, and is the most powerful console you can buy today."

There are some decent comparison shots in this PS4 review:
    http://gizmodo.com/ps4-pro-is-the-mo...ilt-1788635008

Here is one

The fact that the Nyko Data Bank doesn't work for the Pro is a no for me.
    The dude abides.

Some games like NBA 2k, Titanfall and Mordor apparently look great on the Pro while others like COD do little. Digital Foundry is reporting that some games actually look worse on the Pro due to frame rate issues.

My Pro came in yesterday. I'll hook it up tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

Alright. I'm all hooked. Question: What is communities? It takes forever to load up. Are communities attached to games or people i.e. Is there a TGT Community?

Edit: It finally loaded up for me and I found the community. Cool feature.

Last edited by souljahbill; 11-12-2016 at 10:30 AM.

How embarrassing! I kept hitting the eject button trying to get the disc tray to open but it never would. It would only beep. I actually had to Google "How to open PS4 Pro disc tray" only to find out that there's a really well hidden slot for inserting discs into. I know I'm getting old but sheesh.

Glad you're finally on board, Bill.

Eb Games in Canada is doing a pretty good promotion. You can swap your old PS4 for a new Slim model with a disc copy of Uncharted 4 plus another game of your choice (7 including NBA 2k, watch dogs 2, etc) at a cost of only $99. The thought of trading in an old model for a quiet new one at such a low price is very tempting. I could sell those games and have it only cost me about $30. But I hate the loss of optical output and I'd rather not go through the hassle of backing up my hard drive and re downloading all these games if they do something similar with the Pro in February with Horizon Zero Dawn. Promo runs this week only.

My PS4 is second generation 1100 series. The Slim is 4th gen already (1000,1100,1200 and now 2000 I think).

https://www.ebgames.ca/Recycled%20Offers

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Eb Games in Canada is doing a pretty good promotion. You can swap your old PS4 for a new Slim model with a disc copy of Uncharted 4 plus another game of your choice (7 including NBA 2k, watch dogs 2, etc) at a cost of only $99. The thought of trading in an old model for a quiet new one at such a low price is very tempting. I could sell those games and have it only cost me about $30. But I hate the loss of optical output and I'd rather not go through the hassle of backing up my hard drive and re downloading all these games if they do something similar with the Pro in February with Horizon Zero Dawn. Promo runs this week only.

My PS4 is second generation 1100 series. The Slim is 4th gen already (1000,1100,1200 and now 2000 I think).

https://www.ebgames.ca/Recycled%20Offers
    Saw that too and I was tempted. However, I have abandoned the PS4 to the kids for the most part and am more xbox1 right now since it's in MY bedroom.

I need to start preparing for the Friday the 13th The Game beta (which is PC only). Part of that will be setting up a DS4 to work with my laptop since I don't game much on PC and therefore don't have a controller.

Does anyone know the best place to get the drivers and detailed instructions for doing so? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think G is the resident PC guru.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I need to start preparing for the Friday the 13th The Game beta (which is PC only). Part of that will be setting up a DS4 to work with my laptop since I don't game much on PC and therefore don't have a controller.

Does anyone know the best place to get the drivers and detailed instructions for doing so? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Buy this. Ignore the negative reviews on amazon. It's just people being dumb. That device makes the DS4 wireless and basically plug and play (after installing drivers).

Or, if you don't care about wireless usage, you could just plug the controller into your usb slot with the cable that it comes with and use it that way combined with using something like this for mapping the buttons and such.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Buy this. Ignore the negative reviews on amazon. It's just people being dumb. That device makes the DS4 wireless and basically plug and play (after installing drivers).

Or, if you don't care about wireless usage, you could just plug the controller into your usb slot with the cable that it comes with and use it that way combined with using something like this for mapping the buttons and such.
    My bad. I totally forgot that you're a big PC guy too.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    My bad. I totally forgot that you're a big PC guy too.

No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post

Thanks, mors.

I'll have a look at those options over the next few days.