Page 77 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1763

Thread: PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    I still haven't gotten anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I still haven't gotten anything.
    You're only getting 0.3048 days, due to the metric system.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    You're only getting 0.3048 days, due to the metric system.
    And it's going to cost me a lot more with our conversion lol. Canadian dollar is really low now. Our new games are $80 before tax and I'm just waiting for them to jump up another $10. Going to be over $100 after tax soon if our dollar keeps falling. it's worth 68 cents US now.

And it's going to cost me a lot more with our conversion lol. Canadian dollar is really low now. Our new games are $80 before tax and I'm just waiting for them to jump up another $10. Going to be over $100 after tax soon if our dollar keeps falling. it's worth 68 cents US now.
    Well, 80 x 0.68 is 54.50. Which means you're paying $54.40 US.

Well, 80 x 0.68 is 54.50. Which means you're paying $54.40 US.
    It is a good deal now (relatively speaking) but I know they will jack up the price around E3. and since I'm paid in Canadian dollars these price bumps hurt! 13% tax on top of that too.

It is a good deal now (relatively speaking) but I know they will jack up the price around E3. and since I'm paid in Canadian dollars these price bumps hurt! 13% tax on top of that too.
    I'm just messing with you. A weak dollar is not an advantage.

Anyone else having controller issues?

I was trying to blame a game for it, but after some testing it's pretty clear the left stick on one of my controllers seems to get a mind of its own once in a while. Players will stop when moving straight, if not cut slightly to the right before moving again.

I checked out one video on repairing a PS4 controller, but it didn't seem to address the issue I am having. For now, I went and picked up another controller.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post

I was trying to blame a game for it, but after some testing it's pretty clear the left stick on one of my controllers seems to get a mind of its own once in a while. Players will stop when moving straight, if not cut slightly to the right before moving again.

I checked out one video on repairing a PS4 controller, but it didn't seem to address the issue I am having. For now, I went and picked up another controller.
    As you know, I was having similar issues last night on Battlefront. I wasn't sure if it was lag at first but then I had the same issues in the PS4 menus. Today, it's fine so I'm not sure what to think.

I already have 2 DS4s on the sideline. One has a sticky X button and the other has a wonky left analog (point to 12 o'clock, it moves you to 10).

I think it's time to buy a new one at Walmart, clean up a broken one, exchange the broken one and repeat until I have all good controllers.

I can always use one of my daughter's two controllers if I HAVE to but her's have Hello Kitty skins and I'll feel like some perv that would play the Hanna Montana game if I had to resort to that.

On a related note, I saw some people claiming that DS4s can be used (wirelessly) with a PS3. Does anyone know if that is true?

If it were, I'd be more likely to move my PS3 from my daughter's bedroom to the living room and play some serious NCAA 14. As it stands now, I only have one functioning DS3 as all the others appear to have dead batteries.

Just curious if anyone can confirm this.

On a related note, I saw some people claiming that DS4s can be used (wirelessly) with a PS3. Does anyone know if that is true?

If it were, I'd be more likely to move my PS3 from my daughter's bedroom to the living room and play some serious NCAA 14. As it stands now, I only have one functioning DS3 as all the others appear to have dead batteries.

Yes... it's true. I've not made the switch but I know others have. It doesn't work with certain games but it does with NCAA.

I too have that issue with the PS4 controller. It's so bad now that in GTA V when I stop moving the left stick my character keeps walking forward. I cannot use the strike zone in MLB because I cannot move the left stick with any sensitivity.

jaymo - when did yours start?

I think mine has been for the last month. I joked with the guys on Battlefront last night that maybe Sony pinged out a kill command for controllers.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Yes... it's true. I've not made the switch but I know others have. It doesn't work with certain games but it does with NCAA.
    Yes the DS4 does work with NCAA and a few others games (that I have anyway). 2K14, TW14, NCAA and BioShock Infinite to name a few. My PS3 controller has been broke for a while now so I only use my PS4 controller to play when on PS3

jaymo - when did yours start?

I think mine has been for the last month. I joked with the guys on Battlefront last night that maybe Sony pinged out a kill command for controllers.

Probably about 6 months ago or more. Again, I blame the day 1 launch. I think they rushed out the controllers and clearly they were not ready. Fist the joystick covers and then the left stick issues. This summer I will buy new controllers and just toss the ones I have.

I had a controller the other day that wasn't responding well but no issues since (I hope).

Sony really needs to change their stance on pre-ordering games. The whole, "no refunds in the US unless where laws apply" is a foolish way to do business. I understand that once the game is released that a no-refund rule is fine. It's before the game has released and you have not been provided goods is where my issue lies. Pre-ordered Far Cry Primal, watched videos of the gameplay and did not want to play Far Cry Primal anymore. Took like 3 different tries and a couple weeks to get a refund to my PSN Wallet, which is where the funds came from in the first place. I honestly can't think of another company that does this with pre-orders. What part of PRE is confusing? For once I am jealous of Europe where they do not have to put up with this and can cancel a pre-order on the consoles, thanks to stricter anti-consumer laws.

Sony really needs to get more consumer friendly in many areas. Wi-fi speeds, the ability to change a PSN ID, external storage, Dashboard UI issues a mile long, the ability to appear offline and on and on and on...

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Cool, thanks buddy!

Must have been the last system update, but with my 4TB HDD and the Nyko extension, my system stays in rest mode. I'm definitely excited for that. I can buy a game in the afternoon at work and it's ready to play when I get home.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Firmware 3.5 beta starts tomorrow, here is what's included:

Our beta program for PS4’s next major system software update, codenamed Musashi (or 3.50 if you prefer numbers), kicks off on 2nd March. If you signed up for the beta and were selected, keep an eye on your email for instructions on downloading.

Regardless of whether you’re in the beta, we wanted to detail some of the key features we’re adding to PS4 in this update. We’re making it easier to connect and play together with friends and the wider community, as well as introducing some much requested features.

• Friend Online Notification – Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we’ve added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign in on the network. Notifications can be tailored to certain friends.
    • Appear Offline – Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being interrupted. Now it’s easier to go incognito as we’ve added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.
    • User Scheduled Event – Now it’s easier to organise a game session. We’ve added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.
    • Remote Play (PC/Mac) – We’re bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won’t be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon.
    • Dailymotion, new service partner in Share feature – Dailymotion, an additional live streaming service, will become available for PS4 users to enhance their broadcast experience. Like other live streaming services available on PS4, users will enjoy the following features: Activity Feed, What’s New Broadcast Info Tile, Live Detail and Live from PlayStation.

If you’re in the beta, please download the software and let us know what you think. Stay tuned for more details on 3.50, including its release date.

Last edited by cdj; 03-01-2016 at 08:13 AM.

Good stuff there.
    The dude abides.