Page 45 of 89 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I reformatted a USB 2.0 to FAT32 and it still doesn't get recognized. It is a 2GB SanDisk.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A
    It may be recognizing it, it may just take a long time,

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments...eed_vs_usb_20/

Here is another link I found:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/69108...ion-4/69055319

Here is another, funny accent: the turle video is an "interesting touch"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlTrw6FsXTI

From reading other posts online it seems like people plug in their USB drives and it takes their PS4 up to 10 minutes to recognize it, then once it does recognize it, it takes HOURS to copy over a small video or image....

Maybe they will come up with something better. I don't have hours to spend on copying an image.
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 10-10-2014 at 06:44 PM.

Hours?!?!

Well, if i try to copy something to a USB 2.0, I will be sure to move my saves to online storage first so i can go play on my other PS4 while it is rendering.

Ive got a cheap 8 GB and it recognized right away. Backed up some saves fast. Does the PS4 prefer certain manufacturers?

Another update.

I called my brother-in-law because I figured he had some extra flash drives laying around. Sure enough, he said he had a 2.0 16GB that I could try and if it worked I could keep it.

Got home, plugged it in and it is copying the file now. It is a Patriot 16GB, fwiw.

It says it will take 27 minutes to copy the file which is a 13 minute video. When I get it copied, I will try to upload it to YouTube. If it's all successful, I'll post a link here at TGT.

I am hopeful that it works. If so, I will be posting videos regularly.

Got it all done. It took about an hour and a half from PS4 to USB 2.0 to YouTube. The video is about 12:44 and was completely created and edited on the PS4 using SHAREfactory. It's my first attempt and I see some things I could have done better/differently but it's not bad. Also, I've already learned a few more things that I can do on SHAREfactory that should make my future videos even better.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Got it all done. It took about an hour and a half from PS4 to USB 2.0 to YouTube. The video is about 12:44 and was completely created and edited on the PS4 using SHAREfactory. It's my first attempt and I see some things I could have done better/differently but it's not bad. Also, I've already learned a few more things that I can do on SHAREfactory that should make my future videos even better.

VERY COOL!

I like the water snapping off of the back of the net in the beginning videos. The kick over the wall was very sweet!

Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    VERY COOL!

I like the water snapping off of the back of the net in the beginning videos. The kick over the wall was very sweet!

Thanks for posting.
    Thank you, Gus.

I pasted a second one in my career mode thread though it's not as impressive because it was just a few highlights from one match.

I am rendering a third video now, which is a highlight package from a Chelsea/Atleti match in the Champions League. It will also go in my Career Mode thread. It is 14:59, with the limit being 15:00.

Probably the last one that I'll post in this thread, just wanted to give it more exposure so more people here will see what SHAREfactory is capable of. This is a highlight video that I put together of my match with Atletico Madrid in the first leg of a UEFA Champions League Round of 16 tie.

Noticing a lot of message delays or not being able to be sent at all.

Time stamps say the message was sent 5 minutes ago although I just sent it. App is iffy sometimes as well.

Then my friends list will turn blank occasionally

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Noticing a lot of message delays or not being able to be sent at all.

Time stamps say the message was sent 5 minutes ago although I just sent it. App is iffy sometimes as well.

Then my friends list will turn blank occasionally
    I'll get a message notification and it takes a while to show up.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I'll get a message notification and it takes a while to show up.
    It's funny because I find the app on my phone is pretty much immediate but the actual PS4 is 4-5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    It's funny because I find the app on my phone is pretty much immediate but the actual PS4 is 4-5 minutes.
    It's 4-5 minutes for both for me.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    It's like that for me as well. Then sometimes they won't even notify on my phone that I've received a message.

Then sometimes when I try to get into the app the message section just spins and spins. I've gotten time outs before when trying to view or send messages from app.

Most of the issues have been happening on console side though. My friends list will show a few people then the slots become clear and blank.

The messages either go through late sending or like I said the time stamp says it was sent 5 minutes ago, even though I literally just sent the message.

My controllers are dead in 6 hours and that's with the light dimmed. Good thing I got a third. Might pick up a long charging cable too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    My controllers are dead in 6 hours and that's with the light dimmed. Good thing I got a third. Might pick up a long charging cable too.
    Yeah definitely not as good as the PS3. I'm tempted to pick up a 3rd controller with a dual charging station soon.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post

Not happy to hear this, but glad I'm not the only one. I have 2 controllers and it seems like they don't last long, not nearly as long as my PS3 controllers. With my son and I both playing Madden like crazy it seems like one or the other is on the charger and as soon as we have 1 charged the other is low and in need of charging. I've been using the cord that came with the PS4, makes it a "front row joe seat" when you're charging and playing at the same time.

They have some used cables for $4 plus shipping ($8 total) or $10 brand new. 10 foot cord which should be better than the default which is 4'? Click on the different new and used options below. Maybe you guys can do the TGT link for Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=A1LDW2JLFNFD1

I think any micro USB cable will work. This one is $6 brand new and 10 feet.

http://www.amazon.com/Hi-mobiler-Gol...o+USB+cable+10

I have 5 controllers and there are several places in my house where I charge them.

For the PS4 in my living room I have the charge cable that came with it connected to my cable box, another one connected to my laptop and a third one plugged into the wall behind an end table.

In my bedroom I have the one that came with it plugged into the PS4 and another one plugged into the wall near a night stand.

Point is MOST micro-usbs will charge them, including phone chargers. I have found some that don't work.