Page 44 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    I'm not a plus member though lol so nothing got backed up. May have to consider getting it at some point if the kids want some of the Indy games. Of course if I ever want to play online I will need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I'm not a plus member though lol so nothing got backed up. May have to consider getting it at some point if the kids want some of the Indy games. Of course if I ever want to play online I will need it.
    Rudy, I don't really play online but plus is pretty important on the PS4. I just get a gift card and enter in the number and I''m good for 3 months (or a year).

Pay attention to Amazon during Black Friday /Cyber Monday. Last year they sold year long subscriptions to Plus on the cheap. I think I'm good for another two years.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Will definitely watch the black Friday deals.

FREE SPELUNKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...e-game-lineup/

PlayStation®Plus membership includes free games and online multiplayer on PS4™ systems.* In October, PS Plus membership includes a bonus game: DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition. Along with Dust: An Elysian Tail, Spelunky, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, Pix The Cat, and Rainbow Moon.

DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition comes with one location (India), 11 tracks, 10 cars and access to all game modes.

Platforms:
    DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition (PS4)
    Dust: An Elysian Tail (PS4)
    Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
    Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (PS3)
    Pix the Cat (PS Vita/PS4 Cross Buy)
    Rainbow Moon (PS Vita/PS3 Cross Buy)
    Spelunky (PS4/PS3/PS Vita Cross Buy)
    Last edited by bdoughty; 10-01-2014 at 12:04 PM.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/2/689...k-october-2014

October 2014 is a big month for new video game releases, which makes Sony's new cash-back deal on the PlayStation Store a timely offer.

PlayStation Network users who spend $100 or more on the PlayStation Store from Oct. 1-28 will get back a PSN wallet code for $15 no later than Nov. 7. Pre-orders count for the deal, so customers can pay ahead of time for November games like LittleBigPlanet 3 and Far Cry 4.

I will enjoy the next update if I can upload directly to YouTube and have themes again. I'm assuming the PS4 2.0 update is coming soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I will enjoy the next update if I can upload directly to YouTube and have themes again. I'm assuming the PS4 2.0 update is coming soon?
    Some rumors are going around that it will be released before Driveclub arrives next week.

You know what they say about rumors...

FYI guys played the indy game Counter Spy for about an hour this morning and LOVED it. Fun little stealth/spy game shooter.

Yeah I have it for PS4. It's fun.
    The dude abides.

Has anyone messed with SHARE factory? It is awesome. I have a great video I put together with some of my FIFA 15 highlights but I can't post it because I refuse to participate in the self-indulgent, lascivious, "look at me, I'm important" stupidity that is Facebook.

I tried to copy the video to a USB 2.0 and my PS4 says there is no storage device connected. I was thinking of going to buy a USB 3.0 flash drive but I'm seeing multiple reports of them not working/fitting the PS4.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience that might point me in the right direction. I'd hate to go buy something and have to take it back because it no workey.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

You shouldn't need a USB 3.0 drive... a USB 2.0 will work, you just have to have it formatted correctly.

Put the flash drive in your PC and go to Computer, then right click on your flash drive; select Format. In the File System type, select FAT32, not NTFS. This will erase everything on the drive so you'll want to back it up first if there's anything you want to keep. Once it's done, it should be recognized with your PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    You shouldn't need a USB 3.0 drive... a USB 2.0 will work, you just have to have it formatted correctly.

Put the flash drive in your PC and go to Computer, then right click on your flash drive; select Format. In the File System type, select FAT32, not NTFS. This will erase everything on the drive so you'll want to back it up first if there's anything you want to keep. Once it's done, it should be recognized with your PS4.
    Thanks, Tommy. I was just reading that elsewhere.

I'm probably going to want to buy a new flash drive anyway because I'd rather not reformat the drives I have because I use them for business.

Being that I need to buy a new one, would you recommend that I go with a 3.0?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post

I'm probably going to want to buy a new flash drive anyway because I'd rather not reformat the drives I have because I use them for business.

With regard to the PS4, that I'm not certain about... It should work but you really won't get much if any benefit out of it. If you plan to use it for more than just PS4, maybe, but if there's a big price difference, it's probably not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    With regard to the PS4, that I'm not certain about... It should work but you really won't get much if any benefit out of it. If you plan to use it for more than just PS4, maybe, but if there's a big price difference, it's probably not worth it.
    Update.

To be clear, what I meant about not wanting to reformat is that i didn't want to back up multiple gigs of stuff.

However I found one that I can reformat because there isn't anything important on it. I'm going to try that.

Thanks for your help, buddy.

This sharing feature is a good question.

I think I'm "old" I don't do facebook much as honestly I don't care to know where people are going to the bathroom or what they are deciding on to eat. I also do not have a twitter account so I'm kinda lost as to things like Madden saying, "post your favorite screenshot to twitter." I don't even have a clue how to post a screenshot to twitter, how do you make your PS4 see/connect to a twitter account?

Again, maybe I'm old but am I really missing out on something here? Sounds like a waste of my time.

The difference with 3.0 is the transfer speed. The size is the same.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
    The dude abides.

I refuse to participate in the self-indulgent, lascivious, "look at me, I'm important" stupidity that is Facebook.
    Yesssssssssssssssss!
    ...can't add enough pluses

I have to do the USB copy method as well

I can't wait for the update and Youtube app since I don't do Facebook either. I miss the Madden highlights features of past gen where I could pick a camera and record a replay. It was easy and I just wanted the option for a regular video file format. I'm still VERY clueless on how to save the right amount of replay and footage I want. I go to save and now there is a 7 minute video sitting there. I need to learn how to properly record video highlights as I've had a couple really nice plays in Madden that I just got frustrated and quit.

I reformatted a USB 2.0 to FAT32 and it still doesn't get recognized. It is a 2GB SanDisk.

Any thoughts?