Page 40 of 89 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    I'd love to see a completely clear one. Where the touch pad is see through as well.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    I hear people having this issue. What are you guys doing to the controller? lol

My nephew had this same issue with his DS3 controller. He would always end up tearing off his analog stick grips.

I use my controller frequently but haven't had this issue.

Now I will say that my R2 and L2 buttons usually go with the controllers I have. My current PS4 controller has the squeaky and weak L2 button

With that said think I will try a pair with the 2nd controller I'm about to buy. I like to have two controllers, one for shooters and one for Madden.
    1st time I have ever had this issue with a controller. I think there must be an issue with whatever material they used on the DS4 b/c the problem is apparently somewhat common.

the DS4s aren't unplayable now but its just annoying to feel metal and rubber on your thumbs while playing so I think a grip/cover might be a perfect cheap solution to my problem on these DS4s and save all the variations for Christmas presents.

I just bought a fifth controller yesterday after getting a fourth one with my second PS4 over the weekend. In my 2+ months with the PS4 I haven't seen any signs of wear. I think it's the launch day ones that are crap.

I got my PS4 in mid May, have used it the most out of all my consoles since then, and my grips are all still good to go, no signs of wear. So it could be something with launch day ones.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

I've had a relatively recent one that started to wear down after a few weeks. Probably purchased around April. I replaced all mine with Xbox One analog sticks. It's just ridiculous how poorly they were made. They're awful even if they don't wear out, but them wearing out just makes it even worse.

Which is odd cuz my two launch day ones are still perfect.
    The dude abides.

Ordered my controller and the Control Freak Ultra covers

This will be my Madden controller likely

Early this morning, PlayStation 4 users found out exactly how the online DRM works for digital titles on their console. This is because Sony’s PlayStation Network was the victim of relentless DDoS attacks that have been plaguing both Blizzard and Riot over the last couple of days. Users who were unable to access their digital library were surprised by this. For those of you that are unaware, if your PlayStation 4 is not set as the “Primary” console, it will not allow you to play digital games offline. This is part of the initial setup process, so you should be good to go if you were paying attention. If not, we suggest you make this correction as soon as possible.

Courtesy: Stealthy Box

Interesting, explains why PSN was down for me. I did have my PS4 set to primary though.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Early this morning, PlayStation 4 users found out exactly how the online DRM works for digital titles on their console. This is because Sony’s PlayStation Network was the victim of relentless DDoS attacks that have been plaguing both Blizzard and Riot over the last couple of days. Users who were unable to access their digital library were surprised by this. For those of you that are unaware, if your PlayStation 4 is not set as the “Primary” console, it will not allow you to play digital games offline. This is part of the initial setup process, so you should be good to go if you were paying attention. If not, we suggest you make this correction as soon as possible.

Courtesy: Stealthy Box
    No wonder I couldn't listen to the Music player this morning.

Yep no PSN for me either but my only PS4 is primary so I am able to play my digital games.

NO clue if this is real or a joke but here is some food for thought:

https://twitter.com/LizardSquad
    Last edited by CLW; 08-24-2014 at 11:59 AM.

I'm not sure what to do about madden 15... I am leaning towards digital as the pre-load is supposed to be today and the unlock is 9pm pacific tomorrow. However, if the store has been hacked???

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I'm not sure what to do about madden 15... I am leaning towards digital as the pre-load is supposed to be today and the unlock is 9pm pacific tomorrow. However, if the store has been hacked???
    There's a 5 or 6 hour maintenance period tomorrow, too, where the store will be unavailable.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Yep no PSN for me either but my only PS4 is primary so I am able to play my digital games.

NO clue if this is real or a joke but here is some food for thought:

https://twitter.com/LizardSquad
    And to add to that:

The hacker group claiming responsibility for today's PlayStation Network outage sent a bomb threat, via Twitter, about an American Airlines flight carrying Sony Online Entertainment president John Smedley. Smedley has confirmed he is on the flight and that it was diverted for security reasons.

"Something about security and our cargo. Sitting on Tarmac," Smedley tweeted. Polygon has reached out to representatives of Sony Computer Entertainment America, SOE and the Phoenix office of the FBI for additional comment.

An American Airlines spokesperson confirmed to The Arizona Republic that Flight 362 was diverted for security reasons.

Earlier this afternoon, the hacker group that says it brought down PSN tweeted this threat to American Airlines' account. A tweet since taken down also contained an image appearing to show an e-Ticket for Smedley's flight, with a confirmation number, asking Smedley and Sony if this was indeed his flight. The hackers continued to tweet threats about the flight.

Both American's flight tracker and FlightAware.com (screenshot above) show American Airlines Flight 362 being diverted from its path to San Diego into Phoenix. The flight is carrying 179 passengers and six crew. It departed Phoenix for San Diego at 1 pm ET, according to American Airlines.

Smedley earlier today mentioned he was flying from Dallas back to San Diego; SOE has significant operations in both areas.

Courtesy: Polygon

Those fuckers are going to Federal Prison for a LONG time now (if they are in the states) or a drone drops by to drop you a little present.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    And to add to that:

The hacker group claiming responsibility for today's PlayStation Network outage sent a bomb threat, via Twitter, about an American Airlines flight carrying Sony Online Entertainment president John Smedley. Smedley has confirmed he is on the flight and that it was diverted for security reasons.

"Something about security and our cargo. Sitting on Tarmac," Smedley tweeted. Polygon has reached out to representatives of Sony Computer Entertainment America, SOE and the Phoenix office of the FBI for additional comment.

An American Airlines spokesperson confirmed to The Arizona Republic that Flight 362 was diverted for security reasons.

Earlier this afternoon, the hacker group that says it brought down PSN tweeted this threat to American Airlines' account. A tweet since taken down also contained an image appearing to show an e-Ticket for Smedley's flight, with a confirmation number, asking Smedley and Sony if this was indeed his flight. The hackers continued to tweet threats about the flight.

Both American's flight tracker and FlightAware.com (screenshot above) show American Airlines Flight 362 being diverted from its path to San Diego into Phoenix. The flight is carrying 179 passengers and six crew. It departed Phoenix for San Diego at 1 pm ET, according to American Airlines.

Smedley earlier today mentioned he was flying from Dallas back to San Diego; SOE has significant operations in both areas.

Courtesy: Polygon
    Hacking is very bad. However, bomb/death threats is sickening. Find these people, lock them away for a long time and them ask them how funny they think they are now! Sick.

So.... I'm assuming PSN is still down?

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    So.... I'm assuming PSN is still down?
    I cannot get on and my phone app is saying "maintenance."

Well, so this is the joy of PSN getting taken down yet again. Yay. Looks like today is gonna be an Xbox day.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Well, so this is the joy of PSN getting taken down yet again. Yay. Looks like today is gonna be an Xbox day.

Once I win the xbox1 bundle give away I will see you online