Page 37 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    That is my biggest sore spot with the PS4 controller. I will get used to the analog layout, just will take some time.
    The analog sticks on the PS4 controller are pure garbage, both in use and with how quickly they wear down. Ordering a pair of Xbox One analog sticks and installing them on the PS4 controller makes it much, much better - especially for shooters.

If it wasn't by chance that the Xbox One sticks actually fit on the PS4 controller, I would have sold it a long time ago. No joke, I hate them that much.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    The analog sticks on the PS4 controller are pure garbage, both in use and with how quickly they wear down. Ordering a pair of Xbox One analog sticks and installing them on the PS4 controller makes it much, much better - especially for shooters.

If it wasn't by chance that the Xbox One sticks actually fit on the PS4 controller, I would have sold it a long time ago. No joke, I hate them that much.
    I am hoping that some 3rd party will at least release a controller that swaps the analog and d-pad (Xbox style). It feels like I am having to reach too far to use the left analog stick. There were a few of these for the PS3 but they all kinda sucked.

I am hoping that some 3rd party will at least release a controller that swaps the analog and d-pad (Xbox style). It feels like I am having to reach too far to use the left analog stick. There were a few of these for the PS3 but they all kinda sucked.
    Yeah, it's pretty well a hopeless cause. Sony wont switch to that design even though it's clearly better. There's always a few 3rd party controllers that go with the offset analog sticks, but like you said, they almost always suck.

Just swapping out the PS4 sticks with the Xbox One sticks made the PS4 controller a lot better for me. The PS4 sticks are just very oddly shaped, too big, and are too low. My thumb was slipping off of them all the time. I swapped them out with the Xbox One sticks a few months ago and it's been perfect since. I definitely recommend doing it if you liked the Xbox One sticks - for $8 and 15 minutes of your time, it takes an sub par controller and turns it into a great one.

On another note, I have to give props to Sony. I had my original PS name hacked several years ago and wasn't able to recover it until a few months ago (this happened to my 2nd name as well, conveniently enough). I was happy just to finally get my original name back, since I signed up for PS network the day it was available on it. However, the person in charge of my case told me to continue purchasing games on the name I was using at the time and within a few weeks, he'd have all the licenses transferred to the name that was hacked.

I just thought he was talking out of his ass, but I logged on this evening and was greeted with all the licenses I've purchased over the past 3 or 4 years, so I can download all the games (PS3, Vita, and PS4) and content licenses I had and I don't have to keep my old accounts on the systems.

I realize it took them way longer to recover it than they should have, but I'm truly impressed he went above and beyond and did that for me. Theit customer service has come a LONG way since I first contacted them 3 or 4 years ago. Huge props for that.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty well a hopeless cause. Sony wont switch to that design even though it's clearly better. There's always a few 3rd party controllers that go with the offset analog sticks, but like you said, they almost always suck.

Just swapping out the PS4 sticks with the Xbox One sticks made the PS4 controller a lot better for me. The PS4 sticks are just very oddly shaped, too big, and are too low. My thumb was slipping off of them all the time. I swapped them out with the Xbox One sticks a few months ago and it's been perfect since. I definitely recommend doing it if you liked the Xbox One sticks - for $8 and 15 minutes of your time, it takes an sub par controller and turns it into a great one.
    Interestingly enough, I am a huge fan of the PS4 controller. I find it's a nice balance between the PS3 and 360 controller. It is bigger and weighs a lot more. However, it keeps the sticks in the same place as the PS3. The only issue I have is the cheap covers over the left analog stick.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Interestingly enough, I am a huge fan of the PS4 controller. I find it's a nice balance between the PS3 and 360 controller. It is bigger and weighs a lot more. However, it keeps the sticks in the same place as the PS3. The only issue I have is the cheap covers over the left analog stick.
    I haven't had any problem with my sticks yet. I, of course, didn't get mine until mid-June so hopefully I missed the early shit batch.

I bought a 3rd controller a couple weeks ago just because there were 3 skins I wanted, lol (glad I didn't have to say I wanted 4 skins!).

uploadfromtaptalk1406945407199.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1406945424850.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1406945458706.jpg

You left out a few Obama, Pelosi and Reid but otherwise not bad....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Pretty bad move by Sony.

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/suppor...game-features/

As of 6 November 2014 you will no longer be able to use the online features of the following game:

PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita
    MLB 13 The Show

Not even two years. Piss poor Sony. On the other hand it is The Show online, so I doubt it really affects a great amount of people since the netcode for The Show is also piss poor.

Screens of rumored PS4 UI improvements leaked

New images from the next PS4 system software update has been leaked, The new images showcasing a new design, Folders added and the system notification in game.

Personally, I think these are fanmade mock-ups (doesn't show # of friends online anymore) but hope they are real. Folders and the ability to see trophy info like that in-game would be nice.

Yeah, there is a dead giveaway some fan made these.

Looks fake to me, but if they're not:

1. In game notifications are much improved.
    2. The main interface looks worse. I don't like the main interface now, but I don't see how that particular design would make it all that much better.

Downloaded that game FEZ from PS Plus. Have to admit it's a very fun and very addictive game.