Page 26 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display

Microsoft's Xbox One Sold Just 1.2M Units To Retailers In Q3, Dips Below Xbox 360 Rate

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...rtner=yahootix

Microsoft may halt Xbox One production as inventory piles up

https://games.yahoo.com/news/microso...201631303.html

A. That's not what they meant. Her original statement was misinterpreted.
    B. Why are you posting Xbox One related news in the PS4 thread?

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Really? Are you really asking why the biggest troll on TGT is now posting this stuff in the PS4 thread, after being told not to do so in the Xbox One thread?

Please mods, just let CLW have his own gaming thread, so he can post whatever he wants and not shit up individual threads. I could care less what it is called. Call it the CLW shits on the Xbox One Thread. By having his own thread you enter at your own risk. As a future PS4 owner I don't want to have to wade through his crap here either.

There is funny and there is this. This is not funny, CLW is not the Colbert Report and all he is doing is thumbing his nose at those of us tired of his schtick.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 04-25-2014 at 10:49 PM.

(1) The news is PS4 related as it relates to their #1 competitor and one of the articles directly mentions how far behind the XB1 is to the PS4.

(2) After all you XB1 internet tough guys cried like a bunch of babies, it was requested by one of the powers that be that I not post anything in the XB1 thread that could get your panties in a bunch again. I should note that it was specifically mentioned in the PM to me that I am allowed to post headlines/links (which is exactly what those are). However, knowing that even articles/links makes many of you cry and curl up into the fetal position, I posted the news/articles in the PS4 thread thinking that maybe the babies wouldn't read it (since at least some of them claimed to not read the thread and requested that I stay in the PS4 only thread). Clearly even that isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    (1) The news is PS4 related as it relates to their #1 competitor and one of the articles directly mentions how far behind the XB1 is to the PS4.
    I have seen that kind of logic before.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post

(2) After all you XB1 internet tough guys cried like a bunch of babies, it was requested by one of the powers that be that I not post anything in the XB1 thread that could get your panties in a bunch again. I should note that it was specifically mentioned in the PM to me that I am allowed to post headlines/links (which is exactly what those are). However, knowing that even articles/links makes many of you cry and curl up into the fetal position, I posted the news/articles in the PS4 thread thinking that maybe the babies wouldn't read it (since at least some of them claimed to not read the thread and requested that I stay in the PS4 only thread). Clearly even that isn't the case.
    1. It's really not. The only potential way they could be is if this was some sales analyst site that compared the two. I can assure you that you're literally the only person here who cares about that stuff, so it's not related in any way.

2. I didn't see anything wrong with what you posted. It's stuff no one cares about, but as long as your fan boy comments aren't included with it, I don't think anyone will have a problem with it. It simply belongs in the Xbox thread. People go to the Xbox thread for Xbox news, and the PS threads for PS news. Post the Xbox news in the Xbox thread, keep your fan boy comments to yourself, and I don't see what problem would arise. I really don't understand why that is so hard for you. I guess you can't help but try to stir up people.

Doesn't matter. I was just curious why you were posting Xbox stuff in the PS thread. CLW gonna CLW, so have at it.

I saw someone tweet that the PS4 controllers wear out fast. Is this true? They are pricey. My PS3 controllers last forever.

The PlayStation 4 Could Be Sony’s Last Video Game Console

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...eo-game-c.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I saw someone tweet that the PS4 controllers wear out fast. Is this true? They are pricey. My PS3 controllers last forever.
    In a nut shell... yes. The controller that came with the system has already had the left joy stick cover rip off. The 2nd one is getting close. Thee is nothing I hear shaking around inside so that's good but it is pretty annoying to see a ripped off joystick cover 5 months after purchasing (it ripped at the 3 month mark).

I hope they fix those controllers then. That's way too fast, especially with how expensive they are.

People are just too rough with them? Mine are just fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post

I was just about to say the same thing. I still have my launch controller in perfect condition and I play the system daily.

A question, has anyone noticed that the controllers you can buy in the store are heavier than the controllers that came with the system?

There was something wrong with some of the launch controllers. I have 2 and one of them has the issue where the rubber is wearing off the analog sticks. Combined, I've maybe put 20 hours on them. I contacted Sony about it and they try to pull their usual BS of having you ship it in, waiting a few weeks, and then they ship you another one. If you bitch and complain enough they'll just ship out new controllers and you can ship the problem ones back in the same box.

Don't let it go, though. The rubber eventually breaks away completely.

Anyone ever try anything like this?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003NS...&robot_redir=1

Not ideal, but maybe a solution after warranty (or instead of the hassle of warranty).

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    I was just about to say the same thing. I still have my launch controller in perfect condition and I play the system daily.

A question, has anyone noticed that the controllers you can buy in the store are heavier than the controllers that came with the system?
    Not at all true in my case. I'm not what you would call a hard core gamer. I suspect I have logged a lower amount of hours on the ps4 as some/most of you. This issue has been raised on other sites as well.

Same here... only thing is I ordered the grips covers from amazon for them for extra protection.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

There was something wrong with some of the launch controllers. I have 2 and one of them has the issue where the rubber is wearing off the analog sticks. Combined, I've maybe put 20 hours on them. I contacted Sony about it and they try to pull their usual BS of having you ship it in, waiting a few weeks, and then they ship you another one. If you bitch and complain enough they'll just ship out new controllers and you can ship the problem ones back in the same box.

Don't let it go, though. The rubber eventually breaks away completely.
    I forget who or where, but I read some rumor/speculation that the first PS4 controllers did have an issue with the rubber wearing off the sticks and that newer versions were modified.

I wonder if some of the wear and tear comes down to how people hold/use the controller. Mine are still in great shape.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Anyone ever try anything like this?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003NS...&robot_redir=1

Not ideal, but maybe a solution after warranty (or instead of the hassle of warranty).
    I've seen a few people mention they bought covers and seemed to like them.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I've seen a few people mention they bought covers and seemed to like them.
    I have some for the Xbox One and highly recommend them for any console. Especially if you plan to play Trials Fusion on it. They help alleviate getting "Trials Thumb."

* Do not buy them at a Gamestop store. They are double the price compared to buying online.