Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: MLB 14: The Show (PS3/PS4)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Help!!!

With batting what setting do people recommend? I am using dynamic batting and I am also using ZONE. I find it helpful to see the yellow circle of the ball range. However, I am only getting singles? Is there something else I need to do with my stance or is it just that my player is a weak power hitter? Even though it is dynamic should I adjust the sliders? If so, to what???
    Download my sliders, they are in the vault. I recommend Analog hitting, but use what you're comfortable with. I don't know much about zone hitting.

The sliders may help a bit. Other than that, it's probably ratings or just your limited time with the game.

Thanks Steeler. I will check them out later today.

Jaymo (and I hate how it auto corrects toMahmoud for some reason) I would start with just timing. Forget zone and analog right now as this is your 1st experience with the Show. I would lower pitch speed too and set hitting on Pro. If you want more extra base hits the solid hit slider really has a big impact. I dislike how the game only has 10 slider points but most sliders are strong. 2 clicks makes a big difference.

On lower hitting difficulties the CPU pitcher throws a ton of strikes and it can help you with timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Jaymo (and I hate how it auto corrects toMahmoud for some reason) I would start with just timing. Forget zone and analog right now as this is your 1st experience with the Show. I would lower pitch speed too and set hitting on Pro. If you want more extra base hits the solid hit slider really has a big impact. I dislike how the game only has 10 slider points but most sliders are strong. 2 clicks makes a big difference.

On lower hitting difficulties the CPU pitcher throws a ton of strikes and it can help you with timing.
    Which camera do you use for hitting? Last night I tried out Catcher Cam two (zoomed in just above the plate) and it seems a little easier to see the ball.

Just as a side-note... I am blown away with the Show and its commitment to customization and user options. Designing my payer in RTTS was like playing the Sims 3. Plus all of the options for camera, features, etc. is phenomenal. Tiburon could learn so much from this development team... AMAZING!!!

Which camera do you use for hitting? Last night I tried out Catcher Cam two (zoomed in just above the plate) and it seems a little easier to see the ball.
    I normally take the default batting camera and back it out a touch until I can see half of the catcher's box. It helps me with balls and strikes. This pic from my old Giants franchise.

Halfway:

I have the most difficulty with judging pitches low in the strike zone so you'll see guess low on almost evey pitch. I usually only guess the pitch type if I'm ahead in the count (looking for a fastball) or if a pitcher is killing me with a particular pitch.

The pitch speed is slowed down a bit in my slider set. As Rudy said, that should help you too.

So after 40+ games in AA I notice that there are still ZERO INJURIES for the padres organization OR any other team. I have injuries turned to "on" but still no injuries. I am still new to the game so I think I am set to "beginner." Is that influencing why I have no injuries? If I go to veteran will it make the game a lot harder? I'm not ready for that just yet as I am still in the learning process. (Note: I am using Steelers sliders with dynamic settings)

Another question for you all, in RTTS once you get on base does the 3B coach give you any hints on when to steal? I know you can adjust the camera to see him but he doesn't seem to do anything PRE-play. As far as I can tell he only signals to stop or progress from 2nd base.

So after 40+ games in AA I notice that there are still ZERO INJURIES for the padres organization OR any other team. I have injuries turned to "on" but still no injuries. I am still new to the game so I think I am set to "beginner." Is that influencing why I have no injuries? If I go to veteran will it make the game a lot harder? I'm not ready for that just yet as I am still in the learning process. (Note: I am using Steelers sliders with dynamic settings)
    Be SURE you have Injuries "ON". Also, do you have CPU Roster Control "ON"? I'm not sure, but that could mean that all injuries have to be entered manually.

I have no idea about the "Beginner" setting. Sorry.

Another question for you all, in RTTS once you get on base does the 3B coach give you any hints on when to steal? I know you can adjust the camera to see him but he doesn't seem to do anything PRE-play. As far as I can tell he only signals to stop or progress from 2nd base.
    Again, I'm not sure. MLB 11 was the last time I played RTTS as a position player so I don't remember. Sorry.

Really wish RTTS had a transaction page. One or two of my teammates are gone and not sure where or why they are gone. Trade? Promotion? All I know is they are not injured. Apparently some people at OS said it was removed this year. Why??? It's such a crucial thing to have IMO.

I've had a few people ask me why I'm using the pulse for pitching. Should I use something else?
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I've had a few people ask me why I'm using the pulse for pitching. Should I use something else?
    I think that is the hardest way to pitch right? Most people I have watched on twitch use the analog pitching with the throw metre. Personally I would stick with what works best. For hitting most people I have spoken to use analog but I prefer the ZONE style as I find the yellow bubble display really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I used pulse for 150+ games in SHOW 12. It's fun. It's better than just classic which involves no user timing but is still very ratings dependent. Analog is OK but I get annoyed how it's a lot harder to pitch off the plate based on how it works. 2K's analog was way better IMO. Just do whatever you like. The old pitch meter is still popular and all 4 methods are used per a poll on OS.

I kinda like the random factor of it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Standard Zone hitting will always be my preference. Pitching has kinda been a tossup between classic and metered. Metered takes some getting used to and definitely offers up some interesting results when I am way off.

Those load times... I thought I would never get into a game.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Standard Zone hitting will always be my preference. Pitching has kinda been a tossup between classic and metered. Metered takes some getting used to and definitely offers up some interesting results when I am way off.

Those load times... I thought I would never get into a game.
    Yeah the load times are horrendous. Especially in RTTS when you are called in to pinch hit game after game. I think this game has the longest load time of any game I have ever played. It's worth it though.

Won my first game with two hits. Both homers and the last a walk-off in the 11th. Suck it Cubs. I absolutely love quick counts. That and fast play will allow me to finish a full season for the first time ever.

I came across an interesting theory last night. The theory goes that the difficulty from cpu pitching increases with good players and decreases with weak players. In my limited time with the series I think I agree. Right now the batters who are struggling the most are the big power hitters and the ones on fire are the low avg. contact hitters.

For example:

Encarnacion
    Navarro
    Bautista

All are struggling very badly and all they seem to do is strike out or foul out. The batting avg. for the three combined is well below .200

However, let's look at:

Reyes
    Izturis
    Kawasaki
    Gose

All of them are not the greatest batters yet in my franchise the lowest batting avg. is Reyes at .374 and the highest is Kawasaki at .667

It also seems as though the bigger the hot zone the more difficulty with the pitchers. Whereas a small hot zone results in more success.

Anyone else seeing this or is it just a theory (which I happen to agree with)?
    Last edited by jaymo76; 08-12-2014 at 06:54 PM.