Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: MLB 14: The Show (PS3/PS4)

• Facebook
  • Display
    A new roster file is available, just in time for the ASG.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    A new roster file is available, just in time for the ASG.

Just fyi, I know you're relatively new to the series, they have a roster update every Monday.

That said, I would highly recommend OSFM rosters to anyone looking to play Franchise Mode.

PS4 patch 1.12 available now (218 MB). Currently it seems this patch has nerfed online connection to The Show servers.

Patch as per pasta padre.

♦General online synching and stability.
    ♦Play results are now consistent on both users machines.
    ♦Fielder synching issues across two users online now fixed.
    ♦Batter desync when batter calls time.
    ♦Balks or balls in the dirt no longer cause hang.
    ♦Ball deflected collision on defensive players now consistent on both user screens.
    ♦Late fielding dives no longer cause the game to hang online.
    ♦Fielding decisions and throws are now consistent on both player screens.
    ♦Late Bunt (and bunts pulled back) and swing attempts now give the same game result
    ♦Check swing improvements to online gameplay
    ♦Challenge of the Week pitcher settings no longer carrying over from any other game mode.
    ♦Timing issues with pausing the game and guess pitching at the same time.
    ♦Stealing home while batter takes strike 3 for the 3rd out issue fixed.
    ♦Ball 4 resulting in a walk on a wild pitch and trying to advance the runner on first issue fixed.
    ♦Fixed infrequent end of online game crash at closing on-screen-display graphic.
    ♦Fixed rare instance of on-screen bright color/black corruption affecting stadiums and players.
    ♦Fixed very rare corrupted player faces issue. This would show up as dark splotches and patches. This happened in certain player substitutions in Franchise mode Spring Training.
    ♦In Game Options for Camera changes are now saved when reloading the game.
    ♦Road to the Show crash when loading into Batting practice addressed
    ♦At-bat ambient Organ music addressed (wasn’t playing when intended)
    ♦Custom Music applied to all players now properly working.
    ♦First HR in a Franchise game issue no longer stating “First Career HR” every time.
    ♦Umpire balls, strikes and 3rd strike audio calls now playing properly and consistently
    ♦With Music Mode on, stealing a base no longer skips the song track.
    ♦Andrelton Simmons face fixed!
    ♦Home Run Derby can now be entered during the install, once the needed assets are loaded.
    ♦Bernie Brewer now seen after a Home Run in Miller Park.
    ♦Addressed Strike Zone size on PS4 that cause ball/strike calls to appear very wrong.
    ♦Analog throw meter difficulty balanced on all levels.
    ♦Fixed issue with repeated jumping near pop-up causing the runner to take off for next base.
    ♦All Vault screens should now default to rating (no longer sorted by user name).
    ♦Diamond Dynasty> My Bids fix to prevent a crash when users have more than 500 transactions.
    ♦Online score posting fix to prevent lost online game scores and data.
    ♦Addressed Login/Boot-up crash sometimes occurring when logging in during peak hours.
    ♦Fixed Diamond Dynasty “vs cpu” pre-game line-up crash that could happen before proceeding into the game load.
    ♦The Show Live Double Header games now have crowds for both games.
    ♦Diamond Dynasty and The Show Live issue fixed where some players were showing Headley (PS4) and Jeter (PS3) heads on certain players.

I'm going to be starting up a pair of threads in the new dynasty/franchise section in the coming days. One will be a Rockies Franchise (unlike NCAA where I can play as other teams, there's just something about baseball that I just can't get interested in any other teams than the Rockies when it comes to a franchise.

I'm also going to do a RTTS thread. I'm trying to decide between Starting Pitcher, Closing Pitcher, Catcher or something like Short Stop or Outfielder. What position would some of you guys find interesting to follow?

I'm not sure how much, if any streaming I would attempt. I tested Twitch streaming on my PS4 last week and it worked fairly well. Got a 10 minute test video recorded of a game between the Rockies and Cardinals with minimal lag or issues. However, in the last two or three days, my internet has suddenly decided to be a pain in the ass, so not sure if the quality will still remain as decent as it was last week. Odds are, I probably wouldn't stream every single game, just major games on the schedule.

As we speak I am trying to convince the wife why our marriage NEEDS the Show 14. I explained to her I would ask for less sex ad be willing to clean the bathroom... she is considering it. #nopantsinmymarriage

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I'm going to be starting up a pair of threads in the new dynasty/franchise section in the coming days. One will be a Rockies Franchise (unlike NCAA where I can play as other teams, there's just something about baseball that I just can't get interested in any other teams than the Rockies when it comes to a franchise.

I'm also going to do a RTTS thread. I'm trying to decide between Starting Pitcher, Closing Pitcher, Catcher or something like Short Stop or Outfielder. What position would some of you guys find interesting to follow?

I'm not sure how much, if any streaming I would attempt. I tested Twitch streaming on my PS4 last week and it worked fairly well. Got a 10 minute test video recorded of a game between the Rockies and Cardinals with minimal lag or issues. However, in the last two or three days, my internet has suddenly decided to be a pain in the ass, so not sure if the quality will still remain as decent as it was last week. Odds are, I probably wouldn't stream every single game, just major games on the schedule.
    If you stream I would be interested in watching from time-to-time. I know JB is starting up an RTTS and I have been following Steelers nightly broadcast for his Astros franchise. I love the interaction and having a typed discussion during and after the games. It makes it feel so much more enjoyable IMO.

Finished the 2015 year with my SP and was called up to the Royals who were in a pennant chase. Got a starting spot the last 3 weeks of the season went 2-1 with a complete game shutout. Wasn't on the 40 man early enough and got left off the playoff roster.

KC offered me a contract for AA bullpen. I declined it and I am starting my final year in the contract with the Royals now.

Alright, I've whittled my options down. I'm gonna do a fielding/batting and a pitching RTTS.

So, any votes on which position? Either Starting or Closing Pitcher for the pitching RTTS? And either Catcher or Shortstop for the batting/fielding RTTS?

It'll be at least later tonight, if not tomorrow or later before I get the RTTS set up. I'm about to start getting things created for my Rockies franchise.

Catcher

Picked the gae up 10 minutes ago. I plan on playing it tonight... never owned this series before.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Picked the gae up 10 minutes ago.
    In America, it's spelled with a "y".

uploadfromtaptalk1405998182798.jpg

lol oops...

First two impressions.

1. Best video game intro ever!
    2. Slowest load times of any game ever!

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Alright, I've whittled my options down. I'm gonna do a fielding/batting and a pitching RTTS.

So, any votes on which position? Either Starting or Closing Pitcher for the pitching RTTS? And either Catcher or Shortstop for the batting/fielding RTTS?

It'll be at least later tonight, if not tomorrow or later before I get the RTTS set up. I'm about to start getting things created for my Rockies franchise.
    Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
    Catcher
    Smooth has had enough of being the catcher in his life

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Won my first exhibition game 1-0 Boston over SF. Damn I suck at this game.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Won my first exhibition game 1-0 Boston over SF. Damn I suck at this game.
    You'll figure it out.

Just did the RTTS. Freaking brutal... a ton of errors and strike outs.

Help!!!

With batting what setting do people recommend? I am using dynamic batting and I am also using ZONE. I find it helpful to see the yellow circle of the ball range. However, I am only getting singles? Is there something else I need to do with my stance or is it just that my player is a weak power hitter? Even though it is dynamic should I adjust the sliders? If so, to what???