Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 14: The Show (PS3/PS4)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, I'm debating on going with the Rockies for my Franchise, or try someone else. Much like every sports game, I tend to play with my favorite team in franchise modes. I might consider branching out to a different team this time, maybe go AL for a change of pace instead of constantly seeing the usual faces on the NL schedules.
    For me it's building. The Cubs have a helluva farm system.
    The dude abides.

The dude abides.

Now we're rolling! Just checked the IRS website, my refund got approved yesterday (must have been received either sometime Thursday afternoon or first thing Friday and they quickly gave it the stamp of approval), so now it's just waiting for the money to hit the bank account.

Now, they're saying it's scheduled to be sent to my bank by May 14th. Unfortunately, it's Saturday and god knows those bastards won't be working to get my refund sent out today, but I'm really hoping it'll be sent to my bank on Monday sometime during the day. It's approved and ready to be direct deposited into my bank, there is no reason why it would take three business days for them to release the money to my bank.

And my bank is pretty much set up to be automatic on approving direct deposits. We've been direct deposit only for a couple years now at work, so my paychecks are always hitting my account instantly when the money is released by Clear Channel on pay day, usually arriving in my account by no later than 4 or 5 AM on pay day. If the bastards at the IRS release my money right away on Monday, it should be in my account within hours on Monday, and then I can head out and see if there are any PS4s in stock in this town.

I'm all set! I was browsing Gamestop's website today, and it showed the store here in town with PS4s in stock. So I placed a hold on one via the website, it's sitting there waiting to be picked up. Just called the store in fact to confirm, the guy confirmed it, a brand new, unopened PS4 waiting for me to come in. Thankfully he said the main search and flocking for a PS4 that was seen during and after the launch of the system has pretty much died down, it's just people coming in now who maybe are interested in one. He said he's been able to keep a couple in stock on a regular basis.

So either way, there's a PS4 being held back specifically for me to pick up sometime over the next 48 hours before I would have to hope that they keep some in their general stock that the public can purchase. Now it's just waiting on my refund to be released to my bank and my bank to deposit it into my account. If that happens tomorrow, god willing, I'll have a PS4 and be playing The Show by tomorrow night.

Yeah, they're not nearly as hotly sought after now. All my local stores have plenty of them in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Yeah, they're not nearly as hotly sought after now. All my local stores have plenty of them in stock.
    Yeah, I remember I stopped in back at the end of March, and the guys in the store said they were sold out at the time, that they were still going through each new shipment of systems pretty quickly and that it was hard to keep any in stock. But between the end of March and now, it's apparently slowed down and stores are able to keep them in stock. Which is good for me! I should have my tax refund in the next day or two, so I really was hoping there would be some systems in stock. If I finally got my money, only to find out that they didn't have any PS4s in stock and that I was going to have to wait an additional week or two weeks or how the hell ever long for them to get a new shipment in, I wasn't going to be too happy.

Hit my first HR in my RTTS career. Got the silent treatment in the dugout love it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Hit my first HR in my RTTS career. Got the silent treatment in the dugout love it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.

I'm tearing it up on my redux of RTTS. When I was with Pittsburgh, I didn't have the OS rosters loaded so I started over and ended up in Cleveland's system. I probably should have went back to college for one or two more years because I forgot they have Lindor in their system, but I did put 1B/3B as my secondary position. With Kipnis at 2B, I'll probably end up there. Right now I'm tearing the cover off the ball with dynamic difficulty at Veteran now. I'm batting a shade under .400 with 1 HR and 21 RBI in April.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    Since when was online ever at the very least descent for the show? It never had been good always been shit.. It's worse then Madden online.
    I see some things never change.

This year is my first time with this series. Playing RTTS and some franchise games, toying with the card stuff as well. Learning curve involved for sure. The RTTS does not have the immersion or depth that 2k14 has but I will keep trying, at least until Watchdogs drops.

ps3

Well, I think I'm giving up hope on having this money before Wednesday. I wasn't 100% expecting it to show up today (Monday), but I was hoping for the chance it would arrive. Tomorrow (Tuesday), that hope has turned to skepticism. I would really like to wake up around 7 or 8 AM to a very pleasant surprise of finding my money sitting in my bank account, so that way I can head out to Gamestop right when they open at 10 AM. But I have serious doubts that it'll show up sometime during these next couple hours tonight.

I'm starting to resign myself to having to wait for a fourth straight day, that I won't see it until sometime Wednesday, which frankly is absolutely fucking asinine. The IRS approved my tax refund sometime during the day Friday, since the Where's My Refund site updated to show it approved overnight Friday night/Saturday morning.

So despite approving my refund on Friday, instead of simply just releasing my money to my bank over the weekend or first thing Monday morning, they'll let it just sit there for two full business days and wait until the third business day to release it (four full days and releasing it on the fifth day if you include the weekend), doing absolutely nothing but unnecessarily dragging out the entire fucking process for additional multiple unneeded days when they could have just immediately released it Sunday or first thing Monday and just be done with it for another year.

I'm also a little agitated because if they would have just released my money today (or if they miraculously release it tomorrow/Tuesday), I can get my PS4 that same morning and enjoy it for a couple days. Once Thursday rolls around, my time to just sit and play the PS4 will go down. I have stuff at work that I need to have done by end of day Friday, so either Thursday or Friday, I'll have a couple hours eaten up with that. I have to take my mom out to the oncology department on Friday for an EKG scan. That will take up more time of the day. Between cooking dinner that night, feeding her cats and cleaning their litter boxes, I can pretty much throw 6 PM to 9 PM that night right down the shitter.

Then I have to go to sleep early Friday night because I have to be up at 2:30 AM on Saturday morning for work. Work Saturday morning, sleep for a couple hours when I get home because I'm tired as hell by noon after getting up at 2:30 AM, so sleep until middle of the afternoon or evening, I can cross all hours before at least 5 PM Saturday right off my list. So Friday and Saturday are pretty much both completely out, I doubt I'll even get to do anything those days other than rest on the couch during the few down hours I have and watch some TV. So I pretty much just have Wednesday and part of Thursday to enjoy my new PS4 and MLB The Show, and then I probably won't get to even touch either one again until at least Sunday. I'm basically gonna spend $550 between the system, a year of PS+ and The Show, only to get a day to a day and a half total of enjoyment out of it over the next 5 days. Christ, at that rate, I may as well just not even bother getting the PS4 until next Sunday or Monday.

some other guys stuff,not mine. some good, some meh

my pirates

YES! Just checked my bank account, and the money showed up, finally, sometime overnight. Now just an hour and a half wait until Gamestop opens at 10 AM and then it's out to buy my PS4 and The Show.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    YES! Just checked my bank account, and the money showed up, finally, sometime overnight. Now just an hour and a half wait until Gamestop opens at 10 AM and then it's out to buy my PS4 and The Show.

Add me when you do.
    The dude abides.