View Poll Results: What are your gaming plans now that the NCAA series is "dead"?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll buy/switch to Madden

5 13.51%
  • I'lll just keep playing NCAA 14 only on PS3/360

30 81.08%
  • I'm finished with football video games

2 5.41%
  • I'm finished with gaming period.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Plans After "Death" of NCAA Series

• Facebook
  • Display

Poll: Plans After "Death" of NCAA Series

Since most/many of us here were primary or even exclusively NCAA football gamers I wondered what the current thought process was about your future gaming habits.

Vote/discuss.

Personally, Madden hasn't done anything for me in YEARS honestly. I just cannot get into Franchise mode like I could with Dynasty mode. I also prefer the college game due the increase numbers of styles of play, rivalries, traditions, etc...

Now I might rent Madden from GameFly to trophy whore it out or just to confirm I don't want to purchase the product.

However, unless/until EA shows me something truly special with Madden I'm done with Football video games but will keep 14 around on the PS3 like I have 2K8 just for those times I get that "itch" for a college sports video game.

Keep my ps3 just for NCAA and might get ps4 for COD and Madden.

Will keep playing NCAA 14. Will see what the future holds for Madden next gen.

I'll keep playing NCAA and will continue to buy Madden on ps4 (though probably not 25). There really isn't much choice re: football gaming in the future...

I'll keep playing football titles - FIFA.

I'll also keep playing NHL.

I may check out Madden occasionally, but they have all but lost me.

I'll keep playing NCAA '14. My 360 was already going to be left hooked up, even after my Xbox One arrives, because of NCAA '14 and Grand Theft Auto V. Plus I still have an entertainment center full of 360 games that I either play regularly or pull out and play from time to time when the itch pops up.

Now, a lot of those games will probably get moved into storage bins next month to make room for Xbox One games, but GTA V, NCAA '14, CBB 2K8, Tiger Woods 12, Halo 4 and some of the others that I play the most will be left on the shelf next to the Xbox One games.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I was done with these games before the collapse so no change at all here for me.

I have no plans to get a Xbox One or a PS4 before this. I will keep playing on my Xbox360. Just not sure, if I'm going to buy NCAA 13 or 14 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by volsfan View Post
    I have no plans to get a Xbox One or a PS4 before this. I will keep playing on my Xbox360. Just not sure, if I'm going to buy NCAA 13 or 14 yet.
    Just buy 14. 13 doesn't even come close to this greatness 14 is.

i'll keep playing 14 but it'll be mostly all offline. i may try to come up with a fantasy football OD though in the future.

I plan on playing NCAA 09, & 14 on PS3.

I enjoy Fifa, and Tiger Woods on PS3 also.

I will wait on the PS4, I waited a few years to make the jump from PS2 to Xbox 360, waited for the price to come down and for the games to get really good. It seemed like the last version of NCAA on the PS2 was one of the best, then when it first came out on PS3 it wasn't that "great" but over time it got better, I think it will be the same with PS4 and Xbox1, so I'll wait it out. I still enjoy the PS3 games. I play Tiger Woods 14 daily.

I'm kinda interested in other games, I kinda want to buy all of the COD games, not sure which ones are good as I haven't played them much. I rented them a few times and enjoyed them but never took the plunge and bought them, is there one that stands out over the others? Are there a few that have great replay value?

What about the Assassins creed titles? Are they good?

I did a service call (plumbing job) at customer's house and the college kid was playing the new splinter cell it looked pretty sweet, a lot of action and shooting so it looks good too.

Maybe I should get a gamefly thingy so I can try these different games out, not sure if that's a better deal or to just go buy used copies of these games at Gamestop.

These options are pretty limited. I'm not ONLY going to play NCAA 14, but I am going to continue to play in my 3 OD's year round, and probably longer with no game coming out next year.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    These options are pretty limited. I'm not ONLY going to play NCAA 14, but I am going to continue to play in my 3 OD's year round, and probably longer with no game coming out next year.
    You are going to be disappointed with ODs I'm betting the servers go down by next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    You are going to be disappointed with ODs I'm betting the servers go down by next summer.
    Then I'll start an offline one.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    What about the Assassins creed titles? Are they good?
    Pick this up and you will get the best the series has to offer.

http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Cree...d+ezio+trilogy

The first one was more like a tech demo. It was fun at first but was repetitive and I got bored. For me two is the best in the series. I was not a fan of 3 but there are parts of it that were not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Pick this up and you will get the best the series has to offer.

http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Cree...d+ezio+trilogy

The first one was more like a tech demo. It was fun at first but was repetitive and I got bored. For me two is the best in the series. I was not a fan of 3 but there are parts of it that were not bad.
    Ok cool! I went to gamestop tonight and looked around, they had COD MW2 pre-owned for $7.99. They also have COD Black Ops pre-owned for $12.99, then COD MW3 pre-owned for $26.99. I might pick those up, not sure if anyone still plays them online or not. They had a used Black Ops II for $39.99, I assume that is the newest one and then Ghost is coming out next month, I'll wait on Black Ops II to drop in price after Ghost comes out. Is it worth getting all of them or just 1 or the other?

Didn't see any used Splinter Cell Blacklist, I have the older trilogy and it's fun.

What about those Tom Clancy games, like Ghost Recon and the like? Any opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    Ok cool! I went to gamestop tonight and looked around, they had COD MW2 pre-owned for $7.99. They also have COD Black Ops pre-owned for $12.99, then COD MW3 pre-owned for $26.99. I might pick those up, not sure if anyone still plays them online or not. They had a used Black Ops II for $39.99, I assume that is the newest one and then Ghost is coming out next month, I'll wait on Black Ops II to drop in price after Ghost comes out. Is it worth getting all of them or just 1 or the other?

Didn't see any used Splinter Cell Blacklist, I have the older trilogy and it's fun.

What about those Tom Clancy games, like Ghost Recon and the like? Any opinions?
    theres plenty of people online for the original black ops still so I bet all the games are like that

Anyone have current rosters or close to current rosters for NCAA 13?

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I agree. I will probably play NCAA 14 and Madden 15 so I would have liked a both option but fence sitting polls are boring. I voted switch to Madden which is the only realistic long term goal for me. But I do think I will play NCAA 14 this fall. Just not sure how long this game will have legs. I had a lot of fun with it. Just wish the CPU defended the QB keep on the option better. I wasn't happy with Madden 25. I hope they add co-ordinator camera.