Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: College Football 2013 Week 7

• Facebook
  • Display
    Tough drive on the defense for giving up yards on flags both times ugh. Then the refs decide to screw us over and call a no PI flag on our defense. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    So many yards.
    I feel your pain man. Navy ended up getting utterly bitchslapped today by Duke.

An ugly, ugly, ugly game for the Mids. Based on the stats, they had jack shit for offense all day.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I feel your pain man.
    Lol. No, you don't.

Navy is expected to lose 5-7 games a year. Oklahoma has MNC aspirations in most years. I doubt the "torment" of looking at a box score of another Navy loss matches what bdoughty went through today.

Oklahoma was dominated by an inferior team. Their biggest rival. Undefeated season - over. National championship hopes - in jeopardy. Conference championship - now an uphill battle. Not exactly the same as losing (yet again) to some crap team. It's completely different when your team has championship hopes and loses, as opposed to your team losing when all you're hoping for is a bowl berth.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Lol. No, you don't.

Navy is expected to lose 5-7 games a year. Oklahoma has MNC aspirations in most years. I doubt the "torment" of looking at a box score of another Navy loss matches what bdoughty went through today.

Oklahoma was dominated by an inferior team. Their biggest rival. Undefeated season - over. National championship hopes - in jeopardy. Conference championship - now an uphill battle. Not exactly the same as losing (yet again) to some crap team. It's completely different when your team has championship hopes and loses, as opposed to your team losing when all you're hoping for is a bowl berth.

That is all.
    Where you do get lose 5-7 games a year? More like Navy is only expected to lose 3-5 games a year. There's a reason, other than the abnormal 2011 season when they went 5-7, that they've won no less than 8 games and been to a bowl game every season since 2003. Other than that 2011 season, the worst record they've had since 2003 is 8-5. Other records have been 8-4, 9-4 and 10-4. Not sure how that translates to Navy suddenly being expected to lose 5-7 games a year (and by those numbers, lucky to ever get to a bowl game each year).

And I don't give a shit about MNC aspirations, undefeated seasons, etc. I was just referring to how both games were just bitchslappings yesterday. Yesterday and yesterday only. Not looking at anything else about the season. Navy got utterly raped by Duke. Oklahoma got bitchslapped by Texas. Not looking at records, not looking at rivals, not looking at title aspirations, solely looking at how ugly Navy/Oklahoma played yesterday and how badly they got beaten, yes, I do feel his pain. I don't even want to keep thinking about this weekend for Navy. I almost sort of wish the DOD had told them they weren't able to play due to the shutdown and this game hadn't been played.

But go ahead and keep trying to read more into a simple statement by me there skippy. Whatever the fuck helps you sleep better at night.

My team has lost 17 games straight after 18 consecutive winning seasons and going 11-2 the season before this losing streak began.

I now look forward to bye weeks because I know we can't lose that week.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Where you do get lose 5-7 games a year? More like Navy is only expected to lose 3-5 games a year. There's a reason, other than the abnormal 2011 season when they went 5-7, that they've won no less than 8 games and been to a bowl game every season since 2003. Other than that 2011 season, the worst record they've had since 2003 is 8-5. Other records have been 8-4, 9-4 and 10-4. Not sure how that translates to Navy suddenly being expected to lose 5-7 games a year (and by those numbers, lucky to ever get to a bowl game each year).

And I don't give a shit about MNC aspirations, undefeated seasons, etc. I was just referring to how both games were just bitchslappings yesterday. Yesterday and yesterday only. Not looking at anything else about the season. Navy got utterly raped by Duke. Oklahoma got bitchslapped by Texas. Not looking at records, not looking at rivals, not looking at title aspirations, solely looking at how ugly Navy/Oklahoma played yesterday and how badly they got beaten, yes, I do feel his pain. I don't even want to keep thinking about this weekend for Navy. I almost sort of wish the DOD had told them they weren't able to play due to the shutdown and this game hadn't been played.

But go ahead and keep trying to read more into a simple statement by me there skippy. Whatever the fuck helps you sleep better at night.
    My comment obviously came across wrong. I wasn't being shitty. That said, Navy has lost 5+ games in 4 of the last 6 seasons which is why I said 5-7. 3-5?? They've only had one season since 1997 where they lost fewer than 4, how can 3 be the norm? But, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    My comment obviously came across wrong. I wasn't being shitty. That said, Navy has lost 5+ games in 4 of the last 6 seasons which is why I said 5-7. 3-5?? They've only had one season since 1997 where they lost fewer than 4, how can 3 be the norm? But, whatever.
    Alright, well, to me it came across that way. I see enough shit against Navy on other boards or on Facebook, because if you're not from the SEC, you apparently don't matter. You should have see some of the comments from retards on the CBS Sports Facebook page last week during the Air Force-Navy game. Nothing but retards asking "what's this shit, who cares?" Same fucking retards who sit there celebrating Alabama's national titles as "SEC national titles" despite being Kentucky fans.

And again, other than that abnormal 2011 season, it's 5 losses AT MOST. Hardly 5-7 losses. Now, for 3-5, that might be more my expectations, so I'll amend it, 4-5 losses per season. That better? Other than that one abnormal season in 2011, 4-5 losses will fit perfectly with the last decade of Navy football, since it's pretty much exactly with Navy's records, losing only 4 or 5 games a season. Again, since 2003, hardly 5-7 losses per season expected. Hell, 3-5 losses is closer to the actual truth and yearly expectations over the past decade than 5-7 losses is.

But as I said, whatever helps you sleep better at night I suppose.

Come on guys, we both lost and there is plenty of room for sadness to go around but there is no question that I was the biggest loser on Saturday because...

RAM made fun of my team.

RAM

That is worse than my Longhorn friends mocking me, including my neighbor across the street who claims to be a Longhorn fan but had no idea who DeLoss Dodds was.

RAM

Spoiler: show
    RAM and I got nothing as Penn St won.

Sad day in Sooner Nation, RAM all up in our grill.

Last edited by bdoughty; 10-13-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Come on guys, we both lost and there is plenty of room for sadness to go around but there is no question that I was the biggest loser on Saturday because...

RAM made fun of my team.

RAM

That is worse than my Longhorn friends mocking me, including my neighbor across the street who claims to be a Longhorn fan but had no idea who DeLoss Dodds was.

RAM

RAM and I got nothing as Penn St won.

Sad day in Sooner Nation, RAM all up in our grill.

oh for God's sake,no one's mocking you. That gif was just pretty funny no matter what team was involved. And it was done fairly quickly to when the game ended

There was some jocularity splattered throughout my reply RAM. Hence the multiple sad faces, spoilers and spoilers within spoilers. I thought someone intellectually superior to the group might have picked up on that. Guess your mind was busy elsewhere.

There was some jocularity splattered throughout my reply RAM. Hence the multiple sad faces, spoilers and spoilers within spoilers. I thought someone intellectually superior to the group might have picked up on that. Guess your mind was busy elsewhere.
    just making sure.That said, you keep mocking me all day every day and it gets old.

I cant type the simplest relaxed comment without you obsessively piggybacking it and mocking me all day so give it a rest for a while.