Thread: Triple Option Pass controls in NCAA 14?

• Facebook
  • Display

Triple Option Pass controls in NCAA 14?

I finally picked up a copy of NCAA 14, since it looks like it might be the last version for a while ...

Are the controls for triple option pass plays different this year?

Last year, you had to press A before the pass icons would come up. Now, the pass icons come up immediately, and I can't seem to hand the ball off or pitch it.

For example, in Shotgun Split Slot -> Triple Option Pass, I can't hand the ball off to the back or pitch it ... instead the pass icons come up right away.

Is this a glitch? A new design? Or am I missing some new controls?
    Last edited by Unconquered; 10-06-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unconquered View Post
    I finally picked up a copy of NCAA 14, since it looks like it might be the last version for a while ...

Are the controls for triple option pass plays different this year?

Last year, you had to press A before the pass icons would come up. Now, the pass icons come up immediately, and I can't seem to hand the ball off or pitch it.

For example, in Shotgun Split Slot -> Triple Option Pass, I can't hand the ball off to the back or pitch it ... instead the pass icons come up right away.

Is this a glitch? A new design? Or am I missing some new controls?
    Yeah this was by design, they turned all Option passes into true play action passes where you can't hand the ball off to the back. It definitely feels weird to call these and not have the option to hand off or lateral like in past NCAA's.

Thanks for the clarification. It seems like a bit of a weird change. That said, the triple options make for some interesting playaction, and in the past they usually developed so slow that it was almost a guaranteed sack anyway.

Maybe it's for the best.