Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: More Fallout from EA Likeness Settlement

• Facebook
  • Display
    Man, I wish the players were always generic in terms of appearance from the beginning. I want a new game.

How do the college football players pay union dues? Who would represent them?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    That's the big question I pose in the union thread in the college sports section. Only a moron would vote to pay someone for a "job" that they are not paid $ for. They would be represented most likely by the morons currently trying to organize them.

There won't be a union. They won the right to attempt to unionize which means they will be recognized as employees rather than student athletes. That was the whole goal.... the NCAA got the "amateur" status by saying they were student athletes therefore they could not reap the rewards/benefits from their likeness or be entitled to the money the colleges make off of them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Reading that union vote resulted in no union. One tweet said it was 4-1 in favour of no union.

Reading that union vote resulted in no union. One tweet said it was 4-1 in favour of no union.
    LMAO the union will now file suit against the NCAA and Northwestern and argue they intimidated the players in violation of labor law. Book it. Another lawsuit is coming.

It was wierd that this union movement was started at Northwestern where the players are treated well. That's what the current captain said and it's why the union vote failed there. I don't see any lawsuit coming on their behalf. If a union wants to make this happen they are far better off finding a Div I school where players are having their schollies cut and treated poorly.

It was wierd that this union movement was started at Northwestern where the players are treated well. That's what the current captain said and it's why the union vote failed there. I don't see any lawsuit coming on their behalf. If a union wants to make this happen they are far better off finding a Div I school where players are having their schollies cut and treated poorly.
    The lawsuit will be filed and it will be filed by the union v. northwestern. The union will argue basically that the university "brain washed" the players and/or intimidating them against voting in favor of the union. I mean b/c no one could logically determine on their own that they would want to pay for representation for an unpaid "job".