Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaymo76 NCAA 14 to infinity and beyond!

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    It would depend on the rest of the top 10 records. Are all of the rest of the teams behind Texas 2+ loss teams (aka all undefeated and one loss teams already in the top 5) or are they getting a more generous than they deserve ranking?

#TheScriptIsDead
    We're not talking about 9-2 LSU. We're talking about 9-2 UL-Monroe.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    We're not talking about 9-2 LSU. We're talking about 9-2 UL-Monroe.
    And? It's 2019 in Jaymo's dynasty, so it's entered true fantasy at this point. If they recruited good enough players, what makes UL-Monroe so unworthy? If that's the case, what worthiness does UNLV have being #2 and set up for a national championship game?

Just because you or others may think the mid majors shouldn't deserve a chance in the polls doesn't mean I do. If they are 9-2 and there are no outstandingly better records (12-0, 11-1, 10-1) behind them, then screw it, if the game feels they should be #5 then I say good for them. I'm tired of seeing the mid major teams constantly get shit on, both in real life and in the game.

#TheScriptIsDead

And? It's 2019 in Jaymo's dynasty, so it's entered true fantasy at this point. If they recruited good enough players, what makes UL-Monroe so unworthy? If that's the case, what worthiness does UNLV have being #2 and set up for a national championship game?

Just because you or others may think the mid majors shouldn't deserve a chance in the polls doesn't mean I do. If they are 9-2 and there are no outstandingly better records (12-0, 11-1, 10-1) behind them, then screw it, if the game feels they should be #5 then I say good for them. I'm tired of seeing the mid major teams constantly get shit on, both in real life and in the game.

#TheScriptIsDead
    Good grief, you're sensitive. Calm down.

1) Jaymo is UNLV so, by default, they don't count. He'll probably start going undefeated every season now if he stays at UNLV.

2) You don't have to champion mid-majors to a graduate of Southern Mississippi and UL-Lafayette. I'm well aware of the shade mid-majors get.

3) I'm aware that the deeper one gets into dynasty mode, the sillier the rankings get since I'm even further into my dynasty than both of you but even I have to chuckle at UL-Monroe, of all schools, being #5 in the country with 2 losses playing in the Sun Belt.

What settings are you using Jaymo?

May tinker with one of these

Good grief, you're sensitive. Calm down.

1) Jaymo is UNLV so, by default, they don't count. He'll probably start going undefeated every season now if he stays at UNLV.

2) You don't have to champion mid-majors to a graduate of Southern Mississippi and UL-Lafayette. I'm well aware of the shade mid-majors get.

3) I'm aware that the deeper one gets into dynasty mode, the sillier the rankings get since I'm even further into my dynasty than both of you but even I have to chuckle at UL-Monroe, of all schools, being #5 in the country with 2 losses playing in the Sun Belt.
    I know, just between college football rankings and tournament bids in college basketball, the whole power 5/group of 5 bullshit, even the comments of "who cares" by power 5 team fans on ESPN or Facebook or wherever else when a game between two mid majors is being covered (there were even power 5 fan fucktards saying "who cares, these teams don't matter" about the fucking Army-Navy game!), it's just all seriously getting fucking old with me.

The mid majors get no respect whatsoever, any of them do any good and manage to make it to the polls in college football or be on the bubble or even into the NCAA tournament, and they still get bashed and derided.

I'm about to the point of saying screw it, just let the power 5 go start their own damn division. Then I won't have to put up with their cocksucking fans and comments anymore just because my preferred school (and the rest of the "lessers") aren't a power 5 conference team. They have no problem shelling out money to play the "lesser" teams so they can have a 10th home game, but heaven forbid any of those "lesser" teams do good and demand some respect in the polls or tournament.

/endrant

Sorry about briefly hijacking your dynasty thread Jaymo.

#TheScriptIsDead

I know, just between college football rankings and tournament bids in college basketball, the whole power 5/group of 5 bullshit, even the comments of "who cares" by power 5 team fans on ESPN or Facebook or wherever else when a game between two mid majors is being covered (there were even power 5 fan fucktards saying "who cares, these teams don't matter" about the fucking Army-Navy game!), it's just all seriously getting fucking old with me.

The mid majors get no respect whatsoever, any of them do any good and manage to make it to the polls in college football or be on the bubble or even into the NCAA tournament, and they still get bashed and derided.

I'm about to the point of saying screw it, just let the power 5 go start their own damn division. Then I won't have to put up with their cocksucking fans and comments anymore just because my preferred school (and the rest of the "lessers") aren't a power 5 conference team. They have no problem shelling out money to play the "lesser" teams so they can have a 10th home game, but heaven forbid any of those "lesser" teams do good and demand some respect in the polls or tournament.

/endrant

Sorry about briefly hijacking your dynasty thread Jaymo.

#TheScriptIsDead
    No worries man. I appreciate your insights and contributions to this site.

Boy, I go out for a few hours and miss a great discussion. Well, it's good to know that at least a handful of people read my posts. I appreciate the interest guys. I'm not at the ps3 right now so I cannot check but I will give you the top 10 when I get on. As for the situation, it is pretty bizarre. However, all I can tell you is that they have moved into the "elite" bracket as pretty much for the last five seasons they have been ranked in the top 25. Last season (just checking my stats) they ended the 2018 campaign as #4 in the

The two teams in my dynasty that have taken a beating and fallen off the mountain so to speak... and These teams are just brutal now. I guess the LSU talent is switching to ULM but there is no rhyme or reason for Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    What settings are you using Jaymo?

May tinker with one of these
    Skip, I will check later tonight and get back to you. Cheers!

Just out of curiosity does anyone want a regular update on a team(s) or conference that you like/follow/ or are interested in? Smooth has set the benchmark for his detail but if people want me to include some details in a weekly wrap-up I will happily do so. Let me know what you would like to see and I will do my best to get it to you. Players, stats, scores, etc. are all easy enough to obtain.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    No worries man. I appreciate your insights and contributions to this site.

Boy, I go out for a few hours and miss a great discussion. Well, it's good to know that at least a handful of people read my posts. I appreciate the interest guys. I'm not at the ps3 right now so I cannot check but I will give you the top 10 when I get on. As for the situation, it is pretty bizarre. However, all I can tell you is that they have moved into the "elite" bracket as pretty much for the last five seasons they have been ranked in the top 25. Last season (just checking my stats) they ended the 2018 campaign as #4 in the

The two teams in my dynasty that have taken a beating and fallen off the mountain so to speak... and These teams are just brutal now. I guess the LSU talent is switching to ULM but there is no rhyme or reason for Oregon.
    Yeah, having that consistency can definitely help. I've seen that over the years in my dynasty, a team from the Mountain West or Conference USA dominates for a year or two, gets a couple rankings and then the game seems to become more friendly to them in regards to higher rankings. That was definitely on display that year that Army and Navy both made it into the top 5. Army had been cracking the top 25 for a couple years before that and had only one loss that year, while Navy went undefeated and crashed their way to national title game out of the AAC. Definitely wouldn't happen in real life, but based on that year and the previous couple years of rankings and results in my dynasty, it was logical enough.

Just out of curiosity does anyone want a regular update on a team(s) or conference that you like/follow/ or are interested in? Smooth has set the benchmark for his detail but if people want me to include some details in a weekly wrap-up I will happily do so. Let me know what you would like to see and I will do my best to get it to you. Players, stats, scores, etc. are all easy enough to obtain.
    I appreciate that Jaymo. I find it helps the immersion of my dynasty, not only my results but also giving the readers a vested interest in following to see how their own teams do as well with weekly updates on their teams as the season goes along.

As for updates over here, for me personally, it doesn't necessarily have to be weekly, but maybe ever 3-4 weeks, just a brief update on how Navy and Utah State are doing, what their records are, where they're placed in their conferences and divisions. Just to see how they're doing and surviving your dynasty.

Otherwise, keep up the good work! Always a good read.

Here is the top 10 (BCS) hours before the Conference Championships play out.

1. 12-0
    2. 11-1
    3. 11-1
    4. 11-1 (defeated 37-7 to wrap up the )
    5. 11-1

You will notice, no they fell to #22 with a tough loss to 31-28

6. 10-2
    7. 9-3
    8. 9-3
    9. 11-1
    10. 11-1

Damn, UL-Monroe let me down.

And I do have to say that's messed up with Florida and Georgia Tech. No way they should be top 10 with three losses. And no way they should be ahead of Cincinnati and UCLA.

#TheScriptIsDead

For the viewers...

#24 beat 29-24 to end the regular season with a 9-3 record. They finish 3rd in the with a 7-2 conference record and second in A division behind

had a tough year going 5-7 and 4-5 in and 3rd in the Mountain division.

And I do have to say that's messed up with Florida and Georgia Tech. No way they should be top 10 with three losses. And no way they should be ahead of Cincinnati and UCLA.

#TheScriptIsDead
    Yeah dissapointed when I saw that. However, my former DC is now the head coach for ULL so I feel good for that. GT and Florida are highly questionable. I think though that GT has had a few strong seasons so they get a pass.

With the 2019 regular season the award for worst in the nation goes to... They end the season with a 1-11 (1-8) record and the 126th spot ranking.

Current projections will see battle for the

could be looking for a new DC as Wesley Love has the 75th strongest D and gives up a whopping 31.7 ppg. He only has an approval rating of 48%.

For those curious about the Conference rankings, here they are.

The American Conference has a rank of 34.2 as compared to 38.3 for the Big XII and 41.3 for the MWC.

Ouch, rough year for Utah State. Glad to see Navy doing good. You gonna hit the CCG this weekend?

#TheScriptIsDead

#TheScriptIsDead
    A wise man once said in your dynasty thread....
    I see you've gotten far enough into dynasty mode for the Top 25 to go stupid. Soon, you'll have 2-loss teams in the BCS championship game and 3-loss teams ranked in the top 5 over 1 and 2-loss teams.

I'd like updates on Southern Miss and UL-Lafayette but it doesn't have to be weekly. End of season record is good enough but should they upset someone, I'd like to hear about it.

As per viewer request...

finished 3rd overall in and 3rd in the East division. The Golden Eagles had a record of 7-5 and went 5-3 in conference play. They finished up one game back of and A 38-21 loss to UAB in week 12 sealed their fate. Southern Miss will likely be invited to the to take on

had a petty weak season as they hosted a 4-7 record and a 2-6 conference record which earned them dead-last in the conference. The team did however end the season with 2 straight wins against and a shocking upset over OC Reggie Flowers could be released at the end of the season as he only has a 43% approval rating. However, his offense is ranked 45th overall. DC Fred Martin is likely a "dead-man walking" with only 21% job security.

How are the Irish doing?