Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 Coaching Carousel

• Facebook
  • Display

The dude abides.

Carl & Pete admit to smokin' and tokin'
    The dude abides.

needs to get rid of Pease this season and depending on next season Muschamp goes next. It's time enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    needs to get rid of Pease this season and depending on next season Muschamp goes next. It's time enough is enough.
    And let me guess, replace him with Tebow?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4
    The dude abides.

I am hoping Webster Britannica gets the job and hires Mavis Beacon as his assistant.

It's come out now that Carl Pelini was doing blow, not smoking weed.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    I am hoping Webster Britannica gets the job and hires Mavis Beacon as his assistant.
    and I should apply

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    and I should apply

EMU fires Ron English.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Sarkisian will be the next HC, bank on it
    Kevin Sumlin is reportedly the top candidate. He and Stanford DC Derek Mason are apparently great friends and would be an easy pull from furd as well, if Sumlin were hired.

We've become a nation of pussies.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    He probably went overboard a little bit toward the end, but I definitely wouldn't have fired him for it. That football team has been pathetic for a LONG time. They haven't had a winning season since 1995 (they went 6-5) and they are 61-160-1 since '91. EMU is the coaching black hole.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    That's rich considering your ideology

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    He probably went overboard a little bit toward the end, but I definitely wouldn't have fired him for it. That football team has been pathetic for a LONG time. They haven't had a winning season since 1995 (they went 6-5) and they are 61-160-1 since '91. EMU is the coaching black hole.
    Yeah, out of that whole transcript, I'll agree the end was a bit overboard, but my God, now coaches can't even speak their damn minds without threat of firing. My HIGH SCHOOL coach would go off on us similarly after we would get our asses whooped, and it would light a fire under our asses. We pumped a little harder in the weight room on Saturday, we came out hitting hard and popping pads during the next week's practices, and we came out looking for heads during the next week's game.

Yeah, toward the end it was a little overboard, but it wasn't so horrible that he deserved to be fired for it. I mean hell, just a couple weeks ago, someone wrote a letter to the editor of the local paper, complaining about comments the local HS football coach made after their team got their asses whooped 52-7. The person was bitching and moaning because the coach wasn't being positive and encouraging or motivating the team with his post game comments to the newspaper reporter.

The three comments by the coach that this complainer specifically picked out of his post game comments?

"it looked like we wanted no part of the game," "our guys up front got knocked off the ball," and finally "we should be embarrassed by that performance on defense"
    Really? You're going to bitch about fucking tame and mild as all hell comments like that? That's not even ripping the team for getting their ass beat 52-7, that's just speaking the truth about how the team played! But of course some pussy-ass Sally has to go and get their skirt in a wad and bitch and moan. Like I said, we've become a nation of pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    That's rich considering your ideology
    Despite our tangling in the past, I'm not all as much the liberal as you think or like to think. I fall in the middle of the road (even some on the right side of the line) numerous times on various issues or topics. This is one of those. Enough of the bleeding heart bullshit and bitching and moaning because a coach dared to use a "bad word". If hearing what English (or any other coach) has said is too sensitive for these kids precious ears, well then they should get their asses out of football and go back to the sandbox.

The rest of the country has been infected with "pussy-syndrome" for years now, and now it's starting to infect football. Christ, if you don't want your kids getting yelled at for sucking it up on the field or getting hit and hurt in a physical contact sport, then start up your own damn no-touch football league so there's no clock, no score, no contact, everybody can score a touchdown to feel special about themselves and afterwards you can all go have cookies and milk, get a participation ribbon (or trophy, some would probably bitch about ribbons not being enough) and they can get pats on the head and all sing Kumbaya together.

Dave Christensen out at Wyoming.

Boise's Chris Petersen withdraws from consideration for the USC job.
    The dude abides.

Steve Sarkisian travels south in the Pac 12 to take the USC job.
    The dude abides.