Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 College Basketball Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Jesus. That's just disgusting.

Southern is a BAD Div I team (247th on Kenpom). They basically played a glorified bad high school team.

They may have lost the game last night @ but proved to me at least they have a shot at the title and the past few games haven't been a mirage.

That was a hell of a game.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    That was a hell of a game.
    Yep and it occurred just before most of America or just as most of America starts thinking a bit about the game. NFL is gone no Baseball NBA is in the grind of the season but College Hoops is now king.

Well Marcus Smart cost me my SFTC going for W10 last night and then prob cost himself millions of dollars in the NBA as well. Not a good night for

Smart suspended 3 games for the shove from last night. The return game? @ ESPN will hype the living hell out of that game.

Well I got all amped up for nothing today. Thanks Al Gore and your "Global Warming" I'm sure is to blame for the @ game being postponed due to snow.

Just not feeling college ball this year. I'm not sure why but I just am not compelled to watch right now. Hopefully that will change as the conference championship games are fast approaching. I just wish players were not one and done. It makes it difficult to stay interested in a particular programme.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Just not feeling college ball this year. I'm not sure why but I just am not compelled to watch right now. Hopefully that will change as the conference championship games are fast approaching. I just wish players were not one and done. It makes it difficult to stay interested in a particular programme.
    One and done has RUINED the greatness that was college basketball. I've always been in favor of a baseball like system. High schoolers can go but if you go to college you need to at least stay 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    One and done has RUINED the greatness that was college basketball. I've always been in favor of a baseball like system. High schoolers can go but if you go to college you need to at least stay 3 years.
    Amen! I don't even know half of the top players in college basketball anymore because they all instantly leave after one or two years. I could name dozens of players back in the 90s and early-mid 2000s of the top level players in the NCAA. Today, hell if I know. It just makes it not fun for me anymore. I'll still watch some mid-majors if I see them on TV (most mid-majors, at least those teams for the most part keep the same players for 3-4 years), and I'll watch the conference tournaments and the NCAA tournament. But I'm mainly rooting for name as opposed to the squads themselves.

College basketball really has gone downhill. In the past, you had the dynasties. You had the dynasties that stayed together for 2, 3, 4 years as players grew together from freshmen and dominated (Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan State, Connecticut, Indiana, etc), where you knew you were going to see some DAMN good basketball throughout the season and especially come the NCAA tournament. Now, hell, it's nothing but who can recruit best and reload from one year to the next to replace the half of the roster that bolted for the NBA.

It's a shame a student didn't get hurt b/c it could have actually led to a BAN on this trash.

Who in the hell storms the court in a regular season WAC conference game between the 82nd and 199th best teams in the country?

Joe Lunardi has us in the final four teams to get in the tournament. Not bad considering we were picked to finish DFL in the conference this season.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Joe Lunardi has us in the final four teams to get in the tournament. Not bad considering we were picked to finish DFL in the conference this season.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Yep but that game Sunday v. is HUGE win the Huskers are likely in Lose and it will be a long wait and see with a most likely OUT ending.

New adidas NCAA unis:

EDIT - Huskers Hoosiers second from the right.
    Last edited by cdj; 03-06-2014 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Yep but that game Sunday v. is HUGE win the Huskers are likely in Lose and it will be a long wait and see with a most likely OUT ending.
    I think a loss to Wisconsin and a win in the tournament would get us barely in.
    The dude abides.

Go Blue. That's all I need to say at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    New adidas NCAA unis:

EDIT - Huskers Hoosiers second from the right.
    Those appear to be the LEAST ugly NCAA Tourny specials Adidas has come up with. The past few sets were just awful.