Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: No College Football Game From EA SPORTS in 2014, Future to be Assessed

• Facebook
  • Display

No College Football Game From EA SPORTS in 2014, Future to be Assessed

http://www.ea.com/news/update-on-college-football

POSTED BY Cam Weber, GM of American Football, EA SPORTS ON Sep 26, 2013

Today I am sad to announce that we will not be publishing a new college football game next year, and we are evaluating our plan for the future of the franchise. This is as profoundly disappointing to the people who make this game as I expect it will be for the millions who enjoy playing it each year. I’d like to explain a couple of the factors that brought us to this decision.

We have been stuck in the middle of a dispute between the NCAA and student-athletes who seek compensation for playing college football. Just like companies that broadcast college games and those that provide equipment and apparel, we follow rules that are set by the NCAA – but those rules are being challenged by some student-athletes. For our part, we are working to settle the lawsuits with the student-athletes. Meanwhile, the NCAA and a number of conferences have withdrawn their support of our game. The ongoing legal issues combined with increased questions surrounding schools and conferences have left us in a difficult position – one that challenges our ability to deliver an authentic sports experience, which is the very foundation of EA SPORTS games.

At EA SPORTS, college football has always been a labor of love, and it is unfortunate that these business and legal issues have impacted our ability to make next year’s game. This franchise has been developed by a team that is deeply committed to the tradition and culture of this sport – that’s why fans have always loved it. We are working to retain the talented people who are part of the team by placing them elsewhere within the EA SPORTS organization.

In the meantime, we will continue to be connected and engaged with our fans who are playing EA SPORTS NCAA Football. Our decision does not affect our commitment to NCAA Football 14 and the consumers who love playing the game.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...to-be-Assessed
    The dude abides.

RIP. sucks for you guys.

ok, this is a Madden site now

In the meantime, we will continue to be connected and engaged with our fans who are playing EA SPORTS NCAA Football. Our decision does not affect our commitment to NCAA Football 14 and the consumers who love playing the game.

bla BLA BLA, patch the defense then

Ncaa 13 and 14 for the next couple years.

No NCAA and almost certain no Tiger for next year. That'll be a bummer.
    The dude abides.

why should that stop them from still doing a fictional football game ? everything is there just get a art department to get creative with the teams and get teambuilder involved

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    No NCAA and almost certain no Tiger for next year. That'll be a bummer.
    baseball games are fun but take too long sometimes LOL

someone put Gschwendt on suicide watch ASAP

Sad day at Tiburon.

NCAA has become the one and only game I play year-round. Hopefully someone can make some rosters next year and we can start some fresh dynasties as if it was a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    why should that stop them from still doing a fictional football game ? everything is there just get a art department to get creative with the teams and get teambuilder involved
    Wont sell. Sports games without an official license and real teams absolutely never do well.

Anyway, as I said in the other thread, really disappointing news. I've complained a lot about the game, but that's because it's my favorite series and I wanted to see it improved. I certainly never wanted to see it completely disappear, so it's quite heart breaking to see it completely abolished. I have thousands of hours and countless memories invested in the series. RIP.

1) RIP :-(

2) It would take a lot of work, but couldn't we in theory just make a massive roster update for next year as a community?

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Wont sell. Sports games without an official license and real teams absolutely never do well.

Anyway, as I said in the other thread, really disappointing news. I've complained a lot about the game, but that's because it's my favorite series and I wanted to see it improved. I certainly never wanted to see it completely disappear, so it's quite heart breaking to see it completely abolished. I have thousands of hours and countless memories invested in the series. RIP.
    "we are evaluating our plan for the future of the franchise"

Not completely gone, just gone for now. Probably waiting for all this smoke to clear so all the conferences and even the NCAA get back on board.
    The dude abides.

Hopefully when the lawsuits are settled the franchise gets going again.

Until then, invest your time in FIFA. You will not be disappointed.

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

"we are evaluating our plan for the future of the franchise"

Not completely gone, just gone for now. Probably waiting for all this smoke to clear so all the conferences and even the NCAA get back on board.
    Yeah, just a few weeks after "we're doing a college football next year, it'll just be under a different name." Now we're on the "no game this year" train even though they explicitly said there would be one. As long as this whole dispute about student athletes getting paid is going on, there isn't going to be a college football game. That quote is just to blow smoke at the very real possibility of there not being a college football game anymore period.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Hopefully when the lawsuits are settled the franchise gets going again.

Until then, invest your time in FIFA. You will not be disappointed.

Waiting til PS4 for it. Did you get 14 for PS3?
    The dude abides.

Here is probably the reason for today's announcement...

Waiting til PS4 for it. Did you get 14 for PS3?
    No, but I am having withdrawals and may break soon. I am trying to wait for PS4 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    No, but I am having withdrawals and may break soon. I am trying to wait for PS4 as well.

I won't have problems waiting at this point. NHL, NCAA, and Madden will keep me plenty busy.
    The dude abides.