Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: No College Football Game From EA SPORTS in 2014, Future to be Assessed

• Facebook
  • Display
    Polygon: Lawyers never intended for EA to stop making NCAA Football games

According to Aragon, there's no language in the settlement agreement that prevents EA from continuing to develop and publish college football games. In fact, said Aragon, "There's really nothing about future name, image or likeness use [in the agreement].

"There's nothing stopping [EA] from making the game, so long as they don't use players' names, images or likenesses. Or [they could] pay the students, which they didn't really agree to," said Aragon.

So, it does pretty much boil down to the douchebags at the NCAA allowing players to be paid (or the NCAA to just up and die) for this series to get off life support.

No College Football Game From EA SPORTS in 2014, Future to be Assessed

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    All this game needs in generic named (and numbered) rosters with no roster share and it's good. Make everything about a kid editable about a player BUT his name and it'll still sell if it has all the teams/conferences/bowls etc. as I think most people are fans of a school moreso than fans of players.
    Once again, do this and add all that customizable stuff they were working on and I'd (as well as a lot of others) still gladly buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Once again, do this and add all that customizable stuff they were working on and I'd (as well as a lot of others) still gladly buy it.
    No Ohio St apparently, but I would have still bought. With the game now cancelled I really don't see it returning. I feel like I am losing a piece of my youth...