Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you guys complain about Defense?

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    How old are you again?
    Not old enough to work and pay for his own games, thus understanding the nature of adult consumer complaints.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by dhook27 View Post
    Who the fuck averages 700 yars and 6 tds? Lol quit over exaggerating things
    I'm not. It's easy as shit to do.

Who the fuck averages 700 yars and 6 tds? Lol quit over exaggerating things
    I do/can. No money plays "Ask Corso" to stop me from calling my best plays.

Listening to this is making me think about not getting 14 and maybe getting 13. Or just keep 12 and be done with it until I know that they will every put another college game out.

Quote Originally Posted by volsfan View Post
    Listening to this is making me think about not getting 14 and maybe getting 13. Or just keep 12 and be done with it until I know that they will every put another college game out.
    Nah you should get it. They have a slider set at Os called "Unleash Infinity" which really gives you a good game of football

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Not old enough to work and pay for his own games, thus understanding the nature of adult consumer complaints.

So, since you decided to ignore my counterargument to your using Alabama-A&M and Ohio State-Cal as reasoning why the defense in the game is fine and why it's fine to have every game end in the 40s and 50s, I'll go ahead and present a second argument for why we complain.

Because we have a right to. I can't remember your exact age, but I want to believe that it's, at most, in the mid-teens. So basically, it comes down to time and money. I've been playing this game since the 90s, probably since around the time your were born (maybe even before it). I've spent, by now, into the thousands, of my hard earned paychecks buying this game every year. I've invested thousands upon thousands of hours (maybe even tens of thousands, god only knows) in this series. I've earned my right to complain about this game.

I already earned my right to complain as a unsatisfied consumer the moment Amazon took the money out of my bank account before shipping me the game. But I have also earned my right to complain through the decade-plus, the thousand-plus dollars I've spent on this series, and the countless thousands of hours I've spent playing this game over all the years.

Now if I am right in my recollection, and you're still in your teens, you know, it's kind of cute. You remind me of me back when I was that age. Still innocent, head in the sand, thinking every game was perfect as is out of the box. I miss those days. In fact, all the way up through NCAA '12, I defended EA over most anything in the game. Yes, the games had their issues over the years, but they were still fun and playable, so all those who did nothing but bash, bash and bash some more, I defended EA each year. '13 had some issues that ruffled my feathers a bit, but I was able to overlook them and still have fun with the game and play it year round.

But '14 has been the straw that broke the camel's back for me when it comes to defending EA. And it's mostly due to the defense. I had loads of great games last year on '13. I lost games with scores of 7-3, 14-12, 17-13, etc. So far in '14, I haven't had a single game, dynasty or play now, that hasn't ended with both teams scoring less than at least 20 points, and the winning team almost always scoring 40+. Zone is just plain an utter disaster, Man is just sitting there waiting for the AI to decide to bend you over and violate you.

And yes, as mors and CLW have attested to, you pretty much can sit there throwing for 700 yards and 6+ TDs, not using any money plays. All you need is the knowledge and ability to read the defense and you'll be able to find an open receiver pretty much every play, and know which receiver it's going to be before you even snap the ball.

So there you go, THAT is why we complain about defense.

he's only 13 and you exceeded your private message total by the way

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    he's only 13 and you exceeded your private message total by the way
    So I was correct in my recollection of his age. And in that case, indeed, I have been playing this series since before he was even a twinkle in his daddy's eye.

And damn, that inbox filled up fast since I last cleaned it. I deleted a couple messages so there's a little room now, I'll have to do a full cleaning in a bit.

Even though i dont agree with our thoughts on the defense i do agree with your comments of how long youve spent playing and the money you put in it. So smooth do a test dynasty with these sliders from OS called " Unleash Infinity" read every page and you will see that you can get a lot of defensive games with those sliders. Just test them out I love them they play to ratings really well. Tell me what you think.

How on earth do you fill up Private Messages? Even on the internet I am a loser since I doubt I have received enough PM's to fill it up in my couple years here. I am sad now.

So smooth do a test dynasty with these sliders from OS called " Unleash Infinity"
    Nah you should get it. They have a slider set at Os called "Unleash Infinity" which really gives you a good game of football

Are you getting paid for each time you mention that? I want to "Unleash an Infinity of profanity" on people that masturbate over sliders. As if a complete stranger knows exactly what I want in a football game. No thank you sir, I will adjust the game as needed.

Isn't it a school night? You should be asleep by now, not pushing sliders on the internet. It is a gateway product and if you keep this up you will be selling rosters, formation spreadsheets and gameplay tips on a website and skipping school altogether.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 09-16-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Are you getting paid for each time you mention that? I want to "Unleash an Infinity of profanity" on people that masturbate over sliders. As if a complete stranger knows exactly what I want in a football game. No thank you sir, I will adjust the game as needed.
    Do you know what sliders even do?

Do you know what sliders even do?
    They trick the gamer into thinking if they can create some type of "perfect simulation" that will make them adored by the community and EA will hire them for being able to move bars left and right.

Do you know what a placebo is?

Soooooo when im playing on default heisman where the cpu and me go 20/20 passing then when i use a good slider set i get realistic completion % thats placebo? I could go on and on of ther scenarios too but ima just let you try again lol

They trick the gamer into thinking if they can create some type of "perfect simulation" that will make them adored by the community and EA will hire them for being able to move bars left and right.

Do you know what a placebo is?
    Seriously, man?

Just because you don't touch sliders doesn't mean they aren't a useful tool.

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Seriously, man?

Just because you don't touch sliders doesn't mean they aren't a useful tool.
    I did specifically say that I adjust the game as necessary, so I never said sliders were some great evil that I never touched. Some sliders work, others not so much. I have less of a gripe with sliders themselves as I use them when necessary but I also try to play a bunch of games before tinkering. That said I am not looking for a "perfect sim." My gripe has always been with "slider gurus" that claim their changes will make everyone's experience better. The guys in the "lab coats" who spend more time testing a game than playing it. Back in the day they called them Snake Oil Salesmen.

Call me crazy but I still consider it a hobby and the day I spend more time tinkering and less time playing, it will be time to move on.

Soooooo when im playing on default heisman where the cpu and me go 20/20 passing then when i use a good slider set i get realistic completion % thats placebo? I could go on and on of ther scenarios too but ima just let you try again lol
    I play on lowly All-American default and have never had a game where I or the computer threw for 100%. I throw at last one or two int's a game as does the CPU. A couple drops here and there, batted balls, etc. The completion % might be a little high but I think that is to be expected from a video game.

It is what you call a catch-all. They can make the game as realistic as you want but the more realistic it becomes, the less fun it will end you end up playing. You want a bunch of under/over throws that were out of your control but happen because the percentages play more of a factor than skill? Might as well throw dice before a play to determine all the outcomes. This happens with all sports video games, there has to be a line created to keep it fun. Tennis is a perfect example with unforced errors. There will never be a tennis game with realistic stats because only 5 people from Roger Federer's hometown would buy it. The best tennis game in most people's eyes is the original Virtua Tennis for the Dreamcast which was as unrealistic a tennis game as you could make. Diving every other shot, no unforced errors (or very very few) but it was fun and you can play sports games to have fun. Top Spin 4 is another example as it does play more realistic and add unforced errors but still only a small percentage of what you would see in a tennis match. It caters a bit more to someone wanting to see a closer simulation of the sport but limiting it to mostly human errors (extremely mistimed hits causing you to hit the net or go wide/long and limited CPU service faults and unforced errors).

I did specifically say that I adjust the game as necessary, so I never said sliders were some great evil that I never touched. Some sliders work, others not so much. I have less of a gripe with sliders themselves as I use them when necessary but I also try to play a bunch of games before tinkering. That said I am not looking for a "perfect sim." My gripe has always been with "slider gurus" that claim their changes will make everyone's experience better. The guys in the "lab coats" who spend more time testing a game than playing it. Back in the day they called them Snake Oil Salesmen.

Call me crazy but I still consider it a hobby and the day I spend more time tinkering and less time playing, it will be time to move on.
    So you use the "placebo" too? Interesting.

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    So you use the "placebo" too? Interesting.
    I am in the control group. These are Tiburon created sliders so you never know if you are getting. As I said earlier (and once again feel free to read my posts before replying) that there are some sliders that seem to work and others that do not. Ironically the sliders I want and that are in Madden are injury/fatigue. Madden, unlike the majority of games, does not have an auto-save system. I try not to spend too much time figuring out their logic.