Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you guys complain about Defense?

• Facebook
  • Display

Why do you guys complain about Defense?

I dont know why you guys do. IRL Ncaa we dont get 17-14, 10-3, 7-6 type games anymore unless its Alabama and LSU playing against each other lol to me it is pretty realistic the only thing to me unrealistic about it is the Completion % is way to high sometimes but other than that its good. Oh and there is a good slider set that plays a good game of football for you guys that want those type of games more often http://www.operationsports.com/forum...t-sliders.html
    Last edited by dhook27; 09-14-2013 at 06:40 PM. Reason: fix a broken link

Link is broken.

You are just regurgitating what I said when the game first came out. As far as "simulating the game" spread options kicking ass, high scores, it is fairly dead on. The execution to get that, not so much. I am in the boat that there needs to be more balance and making if fun to play on both side of the ball. This is a video game after all.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Link is broken.

You are just regurgitating what I said when the game first came out. As far as "simulating the game" spread options kicking ass, high scores, it is fairly dead on. The execution to get that, not so much. I am in the boat that there needs to be more balance and making if fun to play on both side of the ball. This is a video game after all.
    Fixed it and totally agree

3rd and long and 4th downs should be much harder than then they are still. And when I call 3 and 4 deep blue zones because I know exactly whats coming and get beat over the top constantly like my players have no clue whats happening because the AI dictates their reaction and ignores the play call I gave them. I refuse to be amused by that when playing greedy ,childish, strangers who are succeeding only because the game/AI lets them and not because they picked a smart play. I am sick of seeing defenders do nothing when they are right there to make a play. I am sick of thread the needle passes on every single fucking throw.

and besides..everything from on the field to off the field was/is broken and poorly done anyway this year. Its as though they just threw the crap together in a hurry

its called sliders uses them

Quote Originally Posted by dhook27 View Post
    its called sliders uses them
    child,.. I am talking about playing online default obviously

Lol dont know why i even responded of course online you are gonig to getvpeople who just throw up 4 verts this is for offline dynsty guys and what would you know? All you play is online rank so your opinion is invalid lol

Speaking of defense right now my Bucks already put up 31 before half against Cal and who can forget the 42-49 game between

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    3rd and long and 4th downs should be much harder than then they are still. And when I call 3 and 4 deep blue zones because I know exactly whats coming and get beat over the top constantly like my players have no clue whats happening because the AI dictates their reaction and ignores the play call I gave them. I refuse to be amused by that when playing greedy ,childish, strangers who are succeeding only because the game/AI lets them and not because they picked a smart play. I am sick of seeing defenders do nothing when they are right there to make a play. I am sick of thread the needle passes on every single fucking throw.

and besides..everything from on the field to off the field was/is broken and poorly done anyway this year. Its as though they just threw the crap together in a hurry
    I don't have the game, this is a question. Does it help if you guess pass (L2 and up on Right Stick)?

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I don't have the game, this is a question. Does it help if you guess pass (L2 and up on Right Stick)?

LOL I honestly don't think so. Its just one big crappy placebo now. Ive done as you suggested along with using conservative zones and it appears ineffective for the most part.

I dont know why you guys do. IRL Ncaa we dont get 17-14, 10-3, 7-6 type games anymore unless its Alabama and LSU playing against each other lol to me it is pretty realistic the only thing to me unrealistic about it is the Completion % is way to high sometimes but other than that its good. Oh and there is a good slider set that plays a good game of football for you guys that want those type of games more often http://www.operationsports.com/forum...t-sliders.html
    Tried those sliders and put up nearly 70 PPG so yeah not so much.

Lol dont know why i even responded of course online you are gonig to getvpeople who just throw up 4 verts this is for offline dynsty guys and what would you know? All you play is online rank so your opinion is invalid lol
    fyi, validity refers to the form of an argument, it has nothing to do with the truth or "opinions" . Your opinion may be different than his but "opinions" are neither valid or invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    "opinions" are neither valid or invalid.
    Generally, this is true. However, it's ram so...

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Generally, this is true. However, it's ram so...

so .. committing to pass is still ineffective lol

Speaking of defense right now my Bucks already put up 31 before half against Cal and who can forget the 42-49 game between
    Alright, two can play that game. Looking at finals first, Iowa 27-21 over Iowa State, Buffalo 26-23 in 5 OTs over Stony Brook, Rutgers 28-10 over Eastern Michigan, LA-Monroe 21-19 over Wake Forest, Arkansas 24-3 over Southern Miss, Michigan 28-24 over Akron, Minnesota 29-12 over Western Illinois, Louisville 27-13 over Kentucky, Virginia Tech 15-10 over East Carolina, Texas Tech 20-10 over TCU, Tulane 24-15 over Louisiana Tech.

Still playing, late 3rd quarter Rice leads Kansas 13-7, fourth quarter Western Kentucky leads South Alabama 24-21, third quarter Purdue leads Notre Dame by a whopping 10-3, late fourth quarter FAU leads South Florida 21-10, late fourth quarter Memphis leads MTSU 15-14, mid fourth quarter Mississippi State leads Auburn 20-17, mid fourth quarter Toledo leads Eastern Washington 23-21.

Edit: Oh yeah, lets just look at scores in the 30s. Bethune-Cookman beat FIU 34-13, halftime score was 14-7. Iowa's halftime score, 13-0. Washington beat Illinois 34-24, halftime was 10-3. That Buffalo-Stony Brook game? 3-0 at halftime. Navy's 51-7 win over Delaware? Only 23-7 at halftime. Florida State's 62-7 thumping of Nevada? 17-7 at half. USC's 35-7 win over Boston College? 14-0 at half. The Rutgers-EMU game? 14-10 at half. Louisiana-Monroe-Wake Forest was only 14-13 at half. Arkansas only lead Southern Miss 10-3 at half. Even UCLA-Nebraska, a 41-21 final, was 21-10 at half. Michigan led Akron 7-3 at half. Minnesota had a 7-6 halftime lead. Louisville's halftime lead? 10-3. West Virginia only held a 17-0 halftime lead (would win 41-7 over Georgia State). Virginia Tech-ECU was 7-7 at halftime. Texas Tech only led 10-0 at halftime. Louisiana Tech had a 9-7 halftime lead.

So sure, mention all the games where teams scored 50+ to win. I can mention just as many games where teams won with 29 points or less. Good luck winning a game in NCAA 14 with only 15 points (like Virginia Tech), or only 20 points (like Texas Tech). Good luck averaging scores through the season of only mid-20s for the winning score. And good luck getting to halftime with scores not already in the 20s.

The issue with the defense in the game is there is no defense. Ever game inevitably ends up in a shootout, where the team with the ball last is the winner. No amount of sliders in hell is going to fix that. Zone defense is non-existent and man defense can be picked apart at will. I'm not saying every game has to end 7-0. But neither does every game have to end 56-49. Right now, I know I'm really not going to be challenged on offense unless my dumbfuck receivers drop easy passes. And on defense, no matter what defense I call, I know the CPU is going to complete some bullshit pass or break some bullshit run (breaking at least three or four tackles along the way) to a massive gain or a long touchdown. It's to the point where I'm ready to skip defense altogether as head coach and just go back to super simming it like I did when I was an OC in my dynasty.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 09-14-2013 at 09:18 PM.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    No lie, I GUARANTEE you that you can put it with any sliders that you think make the game hard on any difficulty, give me the worst team in the game against the best team in the game and I can still throw for 6 TDs and 700 yards passing.

Run one 5WR play against the CPU and you see how utterly ATROCIOUS their playcalling, logic, EVERYTHING is to someone with half a brain for reading defenses. And I haven't even touched a NCAA game in 3 years and I guarantee I can STILL do it. I won't even change the fuckin' play, I'll just hot route 3 different routes to 3 different receivers each time and the CPU will NEVER stop me and it's absolutely nothing that anyone with half a brain couldn't do as well and it's nothing that a normal high school football coach couldn't teach someone to do in one spring football practice session. THAT'S how bad the defense is in this game and has been for 4 years now.
    Last edited by morsdraconis; 09-14-2013 at 11:09 PM.

I don't understand how you guys are able to score 70 points at will against the CPU unless you constantly call money plays or something like that. Before I get into my experience I'd like to preface things by saying that I'd like to think I'm at least decent at the game. I've played in one of the premiere ODs over on TSO for 4 years now and I've had tremendous success, both overall and in user games. In '13 I started with 3* SMU (in a 6 user Big XII alongside a 6 user ACC) and won the most NCAA titles (5) in our 12 seasons. Sadly, I only lost 1 out of 97 CPU games in '13's OD and I hated how much of a pushover the CPU was. Here's how I did in my '13 OD:

In '14 we're in a 12 user B1G and I started with 3* Illinois which was the worst OVR user team (only CPU Minnesota was worse). In the 1st 2 seasons I won the B1G title both times and here's my record:

(BTW I've already lost 3 CPU games in 2 seasons in this OD which is 3 times more than I lost in nearly 100 of '13)

In (not so) short, I'd like to think I'm decent at NCAA '14. I run a no huddle spread option attack as my offense and 3-4 as my defense. Since the OD is so young I'll talk about my offline where I just finished season 7. I'm using Michigan which has been a 99/99/99 team for probably each of the last 5 seasons. I'm always the better team for every game.

I play with 7 minute quarters. The most points I've ever scored was 58 and I've only topped 50 points 5 times in 96 games (keep in mind I run a no huddle). Here are my AVG PPG - AVG PAPG for each of my seasons so far:
    • 2013: 34.0 - 20.9
    • 2014: 28.6 - 20.6
    • 2015: 31.4 - 25.4
    • 2016: 36.6 - 21.2
    • 2017: 33.0 - 13.1
    • 2018: 36.8 - 19.5
    • 2019: 36.4 - 16.8

Damn averaging 70 PPG, I've never even come that close to averaging 40 PPG. My best PPG seasons wouldn't have even been in the top 20 of real life FBS football last season.

For individual stats, I use a really low (5) QBA slider and this does a decent job of lowering my completion %. In my OD my QBs are vastly inferior to my offline's QBs, yet my 2 starting QBs have completed 78% and 76% of their career passes (higher QBA slider for my 6 CPU games and default slider for my 8 USER games) but in my offline (with vastly superior QBs and WRs) I generally complete mid 60s % of my passes.

It can get frustrating because most of the incompletions aren't because my QB just missed his receiver but instead because he missed him by 5-10 yards. However I greatly prefer having a bunch of 10 yard misses (a fair # of which hit defenders instead) rather than completing nearly 80% of my passes.

People also talk about how broken the read option is and how it's a guaranteed 10 yards if you QB keeps it and I definitely don't see that. I always have a stable of very athletic QBs and I call a lot of options (and of course the CPU crashes on the HB the vast majority of the time) but I see WAAAAAAAAAAY more 0-2 yard gains by my QB than I do 10+ yard gains. This might be a playbook difference because, even though I have about 85 options in my 370+ play CPB, I don't have many vanilla read options (I think it's only 5). Most of my "read options" have either a pulling TE for the QB or pulling lineman(s) for the HB and I'd guess that the latter is less effective for QB keepers (which, again, I'd greatly prefer to getting 10+ every time).
    Here's what my QB rushing looks like:

I'm not sure what it is you guys are doing to be unstoppable on offense (I don't punt a realistic # of times, but I'd bet that my punters' average of 28.2 punts per season is probably a lot higher than yours which is, again, a good thing) but I'm glad that I'm not unstoppable on O.
    Last edited by jello1717; 09-15-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jello1717 View Post
    I don't understand how you guys are able to score 70 points at will against the CPU unless you constantly call money plays or something like that. Before I get into my experience I'd like to preface things by saying that I'd like to think I'm at least decent at the game. I've played in one of the premiere ODs over on TSO for 4 years now and I've had tremendous success, both overall and in user games. In '13 I started with 3* SMU (in a 6 user Big XII alongside a 6 user ACC) and won the most NCAA titles (5) in our 12 seasons. Sadly, I only lost 1 out of 97 CPU games in '13's OD and I hated how much of a pushover the CPU was. Here's how I did in my '13 OD:

In '14 we're in a 12 user B1G and I started with 3* Illinois which was the worst OVR user team (only CPU Minnesota was worse). In the 1st 2 seasons I won the B1G title both times and here's my record:

(BTW I've already lost 3 CPU games in 2 seasons in this OD which is 3 times more than I lost in nearly 100 of '13)

In (not so) short, I'd like to think I'm decent at NCAA '14. I run a no huddle spread option attack as my offense and 3-4 as my defense. Since the OD is so young I'll talk about my offline where I just finished season 7. I'm using Michigan which has been a 99/99/99 team for probably each of the last 5 seasons. I'm always the better team for every game.

I play with 7 minute quarters. The most points I've ever scored was 58 and I've only topped 50 points 5 times in 96 games (keep in mind I run a no huddle). Here are my AVG PPG - AVG PAPG for each of my seasons so far:
    • 2013: 34.0 - 20.9
    • 2014: 28.6 - 20.6
    • 2015: 31.4 - 25.4
    • 2016: 36.6 - 21.2
    • 2017: 33.0 - 13.1
    • 2018: 36.8 - 19.5
    • 2019: 36.4 - 16.8

Damn averaging 70 PPG, I've never even come that close to averaging 40 PPG. My best PPG seasons wouldn't have even been in the top 20 of real life FBS football last season.

For individual stats, I use a really low (5) QBA slider and this does a decent job of lowering my completion %. In my OD my QBs are vastly inferior to my offline's QBs, yet my 2 starting QBs have completed 78% and 76% of their career passes (higher QBA slider for my 6 CPU games and default slider for my 8 USER games) but in my offline (with vastly superior QBs and WRs) I generally complete mid 60s % of my passes.

It can get frustrating because most of the incompletions aren't because my QB just missed his receiver but instead because he missed him by 5-10 yards. However I greatly prefer having a bunch of 10 yard misses (a fair # of which hit defenders instead) rather than completing nearly 80% of my passes.

People also talk about how broken the read option is and how it's a guaranteed 10 yards if you QB keeps it and I definitely don't see that. I always have a stable of very athletic QBs and I call a lot of options (and of course the CPU crashes on the HB the vast majority of the time) but I see WAAAAAAAAAAY more 0-2 yard gains by my QB than I do 10+ yard gains. This might be a playbook difference because, even though I have about 85 options in my 370+ play CPB, I don't have many vanilla read options (I think it's only 5). Most of my "read options" have either a pulling TE for the QB or pulling lineman(s) for the HB and I'd guess that the latter is less effective for QB keepers (which, again, I'd greatly prefer to getting 10+ every time).
    Here's what my QB rushing looks like:

I'm not sure what it is you guys are doing to be unstoppable on offense (I don't punt a realistic # of times, but I'd bet that my punters' average of 28.2 punts per season is probably a lot higher than yours which is, again, a good thing) but I'm glad that I'm not unstoppable on O.
    People just like to overrate things so they have something to complain about thats all

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    No lie, I GUARANTEE you that you can put it with any sliders that you think make the game hard on any difficulty, give me the worst team in the game against the best team in the game and I can still throw for 6 TDs and 700 yards passing.

Run one 5WR play against the CPU and you see how utterly ATROCIOUS their playcalling, logic, EVERYTHING is to someone with half a brain for reading defenses. And I haven't even touched a NCAA game in 3 years and I guarantee I can STILL do it. I won't even change the fuckin' play, I'll just hot route 3 different routes to 3 different receivers each time and the CPU will NEVER stop me and it's absolutely nothing that anyone with half a brain couldn't do as well and it's nothing that a normal high school football coach couldn't teach someone to do in one spring football practice session. THAT'S how bad the defense is in this game and has been for 4 years now.
    Who the fuck averages 700 yars and 6 tds? Lol quit over exaggerating things

People just like to overrate things so they have something to complain about thats all
    How old are you again?