Thread: Will there be any additional NCAA 14 patches or uniform store updates?

• Facebook
  • Display

Will there be any additional NCAA 14 patches or uniform store updates?

This is completely and utterly ridiculous. Now 2 months after release and not so much as a peep on a patch. Also, just 1.... JUST ONE uniform store update. Wasn't this supposed to be the year when that store was supposed to be updated every couple weeks or something? That's the impression I got.

I'm glad I've only rented this game. because the looks of this game and NUT I can't stand the defense and this poor ass tackling in this game also. man is it terrible. I think for the second year in a row I'll skip it. 13 was better IMO.. THo I do like all the options plays in this game sadly they over run the defense all the time and annoys me. I'll stick to Madden this year if I ever get it.
    Last edited by GatorfanStovy; 09-06-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    I'm glad I've only ranted this game.
    You should try renting it and try ass tackling for yourself.

I should have learned with TW14, but no I bought NCAA.......and don't get me wrong both games are fun to play when they work.........but alas TW14 rarely works and I have problems with Online dynasty...............

I'd bet the farm this game is DONE. EA is moving on now to next-gen and this game is what it is. It's fine and really close to being good IMHO but the utter lack of anything resembling defense in the game makes its value limited. I'm going to hold onto it just in case we never see another college football game again (which is definitely a possibility)

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    I should have learned with TW14, but no I bought NCAA.......and don't get me wrong both games are fun to play when they work.........but alas TW14 rarely works and I have problems with Online dynasty...............
    stop stealing my ideas

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    Fitting especially where a second patch for TW14 is concerned.

I must really suck at the game...I found some decent sliders, I'm able to make the CPU punt and vice-versa. I'm also able to run what feels like a reasonable realistic offense.

I watch NCAA in real life on the weekends and to be honest I don't see jaw-dropping defense being played by many teams. I do actually see a lot of drop passes, tipped passes that turn into INTs, just like on the video game...so I'm not seeing a huge difference in the video game vs the real thing???

What real college defenses out there are so dominant that this video game needs to mirror?

When I play the CPU, if they are passing over the middle I adjust accordingly, if they throw out routes I adjust accordingly..there isn't 1 defensive coverage that covers every type of run or pass route...so what exactly is everyone expecting out of the defense? If the CPU runs cover 2 I'll work the middle of the field all day long...how is this any different than in real life?

Here is another thought I had on tonight's bike ride.

I'd have to look back at last years threads but I remember the no-huddle CPU vs Human being an issue. We complained or whatever you want to call it and EA came to the rescue and made a "patch" to resolve the issue along with others.

Then this years game comes out and boom same issue with the CPU being able to run the no-huddle but it was fubar on the human side...then a "magic patch" comes out to fix it...it seems like a fake problem and fake patch...

I guess the morale of the story is, I'm going to keep following this site closely...I'm not really wanting to buy a PS4 but then again I do want to get one...however I'm going to watch and read closely to see what ya'll have to say with these new games, it just seems from EA and NCAA football anyways there is a poor track record of so called "problems" and then patches, but they re-surface on the "new installment".

It's almost like there is this silly, "We know of the issue and are working diligently to resolve the issue...there is the patch, you're welcome very much, see we do listen to you and value you feedback"....

Thanks for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    I must really suck at the game...I found some decent sliders, I'm able to make the CPU punt and vice-versa. I'm also able to run what feels like a reasonable realistic offense.

I watch NCAA in real life on the weekends and to be honest I don't see jaw-dropping defense being played by many teams. I do actually see a lot of drop passes, tipped passes that turn into INTs, just like on the video game...so I'm not seeing a huge difference in the video game vs the real thing???

What real college defenses out there are so dominant that this video game needs to mirror?

When I play the CPU, if they are passing over the middle I adjust accordingly, if they throw out routes I adjust accordingly..there isn't 1 defensive coverage that covers every type of run or pass route...so what exactly is everyone expecting out of the defense? If the CPU runs cover 2 I'll work the middle of the field all day long...how is this any different than in real life?
    This is something I've been saying for a while. People get all hurt that they can't play defense and the game is "offense oriented". Yeah, well, so is CFB IRL. For the record I have played some pretty darn good defensive battle on 14 so far and they were fun but so were the shootouts. I do think the bump and run is messed up. I do think the zones need tweaking. But honestly it's more about WR/CB interactions needing work than anything else.

stop comparing to real life over and over. Its invalid...in real life 3rd and fourth and long is not converted over and over again. Players don't leave zones and the middle of the field wide the fuck open all day no mater what play you call and how many yellow zones should be near by. Calling option plays in real life doesn't cause defenders to say...oh I cant tackle you till you get at least 5 yards. I have to act like I have no clue what you are doing. i'm not a great user controller but even that sucks this year and again, ballhawk just doesn't work. Your defensive play call doesn't matter until the AI decides the percentage is in your favor to make a play somehow. The problem against other people is the AI is dictating more than you are and that's part of the frustration. I understand its a toy and they may well did this on purpose because failing at something while trying to have fun doesn't sell. But the game just sucks and real life comparisons don't have crap to do with it.

not just that...but why when I show blitz,why do all my players need to pile up on the right
    side ? theres just tons of tiny broken pieces all over the game. Its a better looking backyard football game is all lol

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    stop comparing to real life over and over. Its invalid...in real life 3rd and fourth and long is not converted over and over again. Players don't leave zones and the middle of the field wide the fuck open all day no mater what play you call and how many yellow zones should be near by. Calling option plays in real life doesn't cause defenders to say...oh I cant tackle you till you get at least 5 yards. I have to act like I have no clue what you are doing. i'm not a great user controller but even that sucks this year and again, ballhawk just doesn't work. Your defensive play call doesn't matter until the AI decides the percentage is in your favor to make a play somehow. The problem against other people is the AI is dictating more than you are and that's part of the frustration. I understand its a toy and they may well did this on purpose because failing at something while trying to have fun doesn't sell. But the game just sucks and real life comparisons don't have crap to do with it.

not just that...but why when I show blitz,why do all my players need to pile up on the right
    side ? theres just tons of tiny broken pieces all over the game. Its a better looking backyard football game is all lol
    again, validity refers to the form of an argument not the truth etc

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    again, validity refers to the form of an argument not the truth etc
    invalid, false,annoying, poor logic,.. whatever..get off it forum stalking Nazi

For what it's worth, this was tweeted earlier today:

https://mobile.twitter.com/EANCAAFoo...EANCAAFootball

"And all we want you to know is YES there are more uniform updates coming!"