Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 25 - PS3/360 Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    For regular franchise (GM/head coach) are there still options for the type of coach? I liked team builder last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    For regular franchise (GM/head coach) are there still options for the type of coach? I liked team builder last year.
    Yes, you have to choose your profile for player, coach or owner. It's the same setup across the board except what each role is. There are still very few options though to build your character (physical appearance).

I don't know how you guys feel about it, but as I said with the demo, I really feel that infinity took a step back this year. At times it looks just awful and the big hit animations are insane. Group tackles are almost non-existent. I don't know if Tiburon tuned it down too much but put me in the camp that thought it was better last year.

One observation that I forgot to share is that I am noticing in madden 13 the cpu ran the ball too much but in Madden 25 it does NOT run the ball enough. In three CFM games versus Arizona, Atlanta, and Dallas the cpu rb's have NOT run for over 100 yards and no one rb has had more than 14 attempts. Maybe it's just the teams I have played but I really feel this might be an issue moving forward. The demo is different from retail and honestly I think the game played better in the demo... just my .02c.

Tonight (after giving the kids a bath, story, tuck,-in, etc.) I have my first meeting with SF. I will be watching closely to see how the cpu AI handles things. I hope that Kap. will run wild but only time will tell.

I cannot confirm this because my game froze last night (the week before I would have played my home opener after relocation). However, some people have reported that if you relocate and keep the team name, your ENDZONES will be the same!!!???!!!???... I just cannot believ that Tiburon would be that sloppy. The people have said that the LA Rams endzone will clearly have the word St. Louis in the endzone art and that the Jags will have the word Jacksonville in their relocated stadium. This is ridiculous if true. Why would the word Oakland appear in the endzone if I move the team to Dublin, as an example? How could that be overlooked? Can anyone confirm this? I suspect it's true as it has been mentioned by multiple sources.

Playing the first game as the Salt Lake Raiders. I first noticed that the nose bleed seats were not full (i charged a higher price for that level). Then when the game started there was some brief commentary about the newest franchise in the NFL.

refer to my misplaced posts in the madden reviews thread for the back story (oops...)

Here are a couple screen shots about positions changes via Madscientist on Twitter. Like Jaymo said in the other thread, you can make small changes in the pre-season and during season. Big changes are available in the offseason. But some changes are one way tickets. A WR can't change to anything else.

Reading on OS where people feel the PS3 patch has been a negative in terms of gameplay and player movement. Guys that liked the demo better are saying the 360 un-patched version is better. Of course, PS3 guys would have invisible players without the patch so I don't really think it's an option.

Welp, I gave madden the ol college try (pun intended) and I just can't get into it. I'm sure if I found the right slider set I could find some enjoyment. I finally found a decent set for NCAA so ill be sticking with the college game. Not even sure ill get next gen madden.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yes, you can turn it off. Options for relocation are Off, Normal (default) and Everyone On (or whatever exactly it's worded as).
    Thanks Smooth!

Here are a couple screen shots about positions changes via Madscientist on Twitter. Like Jaymo said in the other thread, you can make small changes in the pre-season and during season. Big changes are available in the offseason. But some changes are one way tickets. A WR can't change to anything else.

Something else I noticed is that Madden implemented position specific numbers. I drafted an MLB in my test dynasty but the only sequence of numbers I was allowed to select were in the 50's. Plus my drafted rb was only allowed to choose a number between 20-49. I know certain numbers are for specified positions in the NFL but come on, if I want my rb to be #14 what is the big deal?

hello fans, do you have control of all teams ? i am asking cause i've s stroke . thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Something else I noticed is that Madden implemented position specific numbers. I drafted an MLB in my test dynasty but the only sequence of numbers I was allowed to select were in the 50's. Plus my drafted rb was only allowed to choose a number between 20-49. I know certain numbers are for specified positions in the NFL but come on, if I want my rb to be #14 what is the big deal?
    I believe those are purely NFL rules. Only QBs, kickers and WRs can wear 1-19. Defensive front 7 guys have to be 50 and up. DBs are 20-49. OL are 50 to 79.

I have to say that I was a little disappointed last night. I played game 3 of the season vs SF. I was hoping that the 1-1 49ers would go to town on me. Well, I won 20-17 which is fine but the victory was never in doubt. Kap. was 11-26 for 139 yards 1 td and 2 ints. Gore was rushing the ball well but only had 11 carries for 63 yards and 1 td. My sliders are crafted from all madden. I really had no right to win this game but SF didn't show up. Bradford is out for 8 weeks and Clemens is the backup... he should not be game mvp 13-19 201 yards and 2 td's and 1 pic. I may just put cpu zone d to 75 (all madden default) because my qb play has been too good.

My concern with Tiburon football continues to be the lack of challenging cpu AI combined with weak sliders. Tiburon really needs to commit to massive cpu AI upgrades for PS4. I don't want to play online and that's a personal choice so I need the developer to step up and create a AI that challenges my ability like it did back on ps2.

Reading on OS where people feel the PS3 patch has been a negative in terms of gameplay and player movement. Guys that liked the demo better are saying the 360 un-patched version is better. Of course, PS3 guys would have invisible players without the patch so I don't really think it's an option.
    Yes I agree. As I posted earlier the demo plays a much, much better game of football in my honest opinion. I found the demo to be far more challenging.

For those of you who thought getting xp was too slow last year, don't worry about it this year. It's easier to get xp (and more of it) and the packages are cheaper! You will be able to max out certain traits very quickly.

Yes I agree. As I posted earlier the demo plays a much, much better game of football in my honest opinion. I found the demo to be far more challenging.
    The demo was harder? Oh boy. That was easy enough. EA screwed up the entire difficulty and slider stuff when they tried to combine the difficulties into a global slider system. They set the sliders so 75 was rookie and 25 All-Madden but it doesn't have enough power to truly make changes. It's a decent idea but the execution has to be good and it's horrible. They just need to go back to true difficulty settings like NCAA and make the sliders a LOT more powerful. Why the hell do you let us change the sliders by one point when it takes 10 points just to see a glimmer of a change?

For those of you who thought getting xp was too slow last year, don't worry about it this year. It's easier to get xp (and more of it) and the packages are cheaper! You will be able to max out certain traits very quickly.
    That sounds too fast to me. My coach was maxed out after 2.5 years I think. Players I have no clue. I set that to auto.

Relocation is a lot of fun but there are several issues, glitches and minor annoyances.

1. commentary: your team is still often referred to as "Oakland" even though you are in Salt Lake
    ** pls year one commentary still plays in year two
    2. field art: multiple teams will have the former city name in their new field art (eg. Jacksonville/St. Louis)
    3. uniform glitches: as the Dreams I have had two game with different uniforms: one I picked the other I didn't
    ** sometimes the player isn't visible to show you uni combos...
    4. after relocating you will never see the outside of your stadium again
    * plus you cannot make a roof retract
    5. all stadiums are identical: far enough into CFM, all the teams will have identical stadiums
    6. the primetime clip for your new city is short and generic as compared to the opposition team
    7. you cannot rename your stadium- aka: move the Oilers back to Houston and you will play at the "Oil Rig"

These are just a few examples. However, it's still a lot of fun and I highly recommend you try it at least once.

They really need to rewrite some of this stuff for the Top Stories and the Twitter feed. In the Divisional Round of the playoffs, Denver beat Houston 31-10. What does everything say in the News section?

"Spoiler alert for those who haven't seen the highlights yet, Broncos won a close one at home."

"Broncos win a close one to keep their Super Bowl hopes alive...for now."

Really? Since when the hell is 31-10 considered close?

Even worse! Denver beat Baltimore 42-10 in the AFC Championship Game.

"Broncos just wanted to make their fans squirm today #closecall"

"Broncos win a close one to reach the Super Bowl"