Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NFL Season Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    So what does this mean for You Tube ? watching football games live , like streaming etc?

I'd rather not have to depend on my internet connection to watch a game. I'd rather leave that up to my gaming

I've gotten Sunday Ticket for free from Direct TV last year and year before. Wasn't able to this year, but they did give me a discount on it for the Max one, $19.99/5 payments.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/96...oncussion-suit

Bring back the 'rough and tough' football days of the past when players didn't were allowed to head hunt and other things

Today's football players want that again

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post

Bring back the 'rough and tough' football days of the past when players didn't were allowed to head hunt and other things

Yeah they want that again until their careers are over and they have major health issues. Then they sue the NFL again. The game of football is NEVER going back to the way it was. In fact, you are going to see more and more rules/regs in the name of player safety. I suspect in 20 years if you look at a "football" game then compared to a game back then they will BARELY resemble each other.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Yeah they want that again until their careers are over and they have major health issues. Then they sue the NFL again. The game of football is NEVER going back to the way it was. In fact, you are going to see more and more rules/regs in the name of player safety. I suspect in 20 years if you look at a "football" game then compared to a game back then they will BARELY resemble each other.
    While I agree with Skip and think the players do want it, CLW is definitely right. It's never going to happen and I completely understand the NFL's view. One of the big holding points for the last CBA was retired player health care. They players want better care after they retire so of course the NFL will do what they can to keep them as healthy as possible during their playing days.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    While I agree with Skip and think the players do want it, CLW is definitely right. It's never going to happen and I completely understand the NFL's view. One of the big holding points for the last CBA was retired player health care. They players want better care after they retire so of course the NFL will do what they can to keep them as healthy as possible during their playing days.
    I was being sarcastic about them wanting it to be like it was

...so they could file a lawsuit later (like Culpepper, Clinton Portis, etc)

I was being sarcastic about them wanting it to be like it was

...so they could file a lawsuit later (like Culpepper, Clinton Portis, etc)
    Ahhh.... I do think that most of them do want it to be somewhat like it was. At least that's what they say publicly anyway.

I'm surprised it took this long to cut Tebow. You have to wonder if that's it or is a team is in need of jersey sales?

I can't see someone wasting the money (AND roster slot). It's one thing in preseason with the expanded rosters, but on a 53-man roster, it's a waste of a slot that could be better used for depth somewhere else. He's a third string QB, that's pretty much all he'll ever be. All of the starters in this league, even at Kansas City and Jacksonville, are better than he is. At least half of the backups in this league (hell, maybe even all of them since they at least can be sort of average) are better than he is.

QB ratings of 0.0. 40.something, etc is not going to get the job done. Barely completing one third of your passes is not going to get the job done. He needs to either accept that his chances at being an NFL QB are done and be willing to switch to TE (where teams may be willing to pick him up then) or else he's gonna have to find something else outside of the NFL.

Teams have had three and a half years (on three different teams) to see how he does at QB, and it is not even remotely pretty. Other than trying to increase some jersey sales, no team is going to be desperate enough to pick up Tebow to even be part-time QB on the field for them.

I kind of hope that Youtube or some internet deal can be made for NFL Sunday ticket. It would be nice for people that don't have cable or want to pay for Sat as well and can watch the games on TV via the net.

Quote Originally Posted by volsfan View Post
    I kind of hope that Youtube or some internet deal can be made for NFL Sunday ticket. It would be nice for people that don't have cable or want to pay for Sat as well and can watch the games on TV via the net.
    It would make Chromecast even better if there was a YouTube subscription offer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4
    The dude abides.

The dude abides.

The NFL should provide post retirement health care until death (if you played long enough). I think they give it to the players for their first 5 years after retirement but that isn't when they need it. Of course as Canadian I feel EVERYONE should get good health care regardless of income but that is another argument.

Take a look at former Bengals LB Reggie Williams' knee: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...160141006.html

The dude abides.

Almost.

Damn weather.

Definitely looks windy as a motherfucker though. Gonna make for some very difficult field goals (and maybe even PATs).

NFL week 1 talk

Right now the game is on a weather delay. i'm shocked . these annoucers are so dumb. it's annoying. just put the players out there. It's not MLB baseball gawd damn it nfl don't turn it MLB and delay every game because of sprinkles .

It's called lightning numbnuts. You go stand out in the middle of a wide open 100 yard space with a bunch of various bits of metal on you from your helmet and pads, with an ongoing lightning storm, and tell how you like it.

Domination! Ugly first half, but second half, pure and utter domination. Peyton Manning becomes the 6th QB in NFL history and first since Joe Kapp in 1969 to throw 7 touchdown passes in a game.

Broncos also hand Baltimore the largest margin of defeat in a season opener by a defending Super Bowl champion.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    i bet that player gets cut asap .. must of hurt..