Thread: (ps3) the stiff leg league

• Facebook
  • Display

(ps3) the stiff leg league

(PS3) The Stiff Leg League. 6 minute quarters

League Difficulty: Varsity Offense Heisman Defense

Teams available/custom conference layout: Multiple Conferences

Schedule: Weeks will advance nightly (after 5pm, no later than 1am)

Scheduling: I will be using this classified forum for scheduling

Rules: Sim style. Absolutely no cheesing. games advancing nightly is most important. If you cant play your game please msg me, and we can work something out

Commissioner custom settings:
    Speed:Normal
    Threshold:10
    offsides,false start,holding:55
    facemask:54
    OPI,DPI,KR/PR ITF,clipping:50
    ITG:65
    RTP:54
    RTK:50
    USER/CPU
    QB ACC:20/20
    PASS BLK:55/55
    WR CTH:40/40
    RB ABILITY:45/50
    RUN BLK:0/0
    PASS CVRG:40/40
    INT:55/55
    RUSH DFNS:45/45
    TCK:45/45
    FG PWR:40/40
    FG ACC:40/40
    PUNT PWR:45/45
    PNT ACC:65/65
    KICKOFF POWER:40/40
    Last edited by okcthunder2010; 07-29-2013 at 09:25 PM.

teams taken

Kansas
    Florida State
    Oregon
    Texas
    Ohio State
    Georgia
    Last edited by okcthunder2010; 07-30-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Will be getting my game in after work today. hopefully by 4ET or a little later.

Quote Originally Posted by str8upnobs View Post
    Will be getting my game in after work today. hopefully by 4ET or a little later.
    sounds good man, hopefully the new sliders I put in work better than the last. I found them a tad too easy for passing, but then again I can't fix everything EA screws up lol

USC is available

Quote Originally Posted by okcthunder2010 View Post
    sounds good man, hopefully the new sliders I put in work better than the last. I found them a tad too easy for passing, but then again I can't fix everything EA screws up lol
    also I think maybe raising the human pass coverage about 15-20 points and dropping the interceptions about 20 points (dropping interceptions may lead to more swats)? could lead to a more realistic defense...I totally agree that it's very frustrating getting the cpu offense off the field (Robo QB)? the quarterback seems to know where to throw the ball everytime. might drop cpu qb acc to 10...i'm on the verge of setting the sliders back to default and playing ARCADE BALL lol

Quote Originally Posted by okcthunder2010 View Post
    also I think maybe raising the human pass coverage about 15-20 points and dropping the interceptions about 20 points (dropping interceptions may lead to more swats)? could lead to a more realistic defense...I totally agree that it's very frustrating getting the cpu offense off the field (Robo QB)? the quarterback seems to know where to throw the ball everytime. might drop cpu qb acc to 10...i'm on the verge of setting the sliders back to default and playing ARCADE BALL lol
    Sounds good....the changes part that is. But , yeah I think everyone understands that the game can only be polished so far. With any luck we'll get some patch help soon.....But i'm not going to hold my breath on that one.
    Today in my game the HUD went completely haywire for 10-12 minutes of my game. No play clock/game clock/score/down & distance etc. , tried pausing , tried timeouts. Nothing worked. Then magically in the 4th qtr it came back. Simple crap like that , makes me realize why the game plays like it's an unfinished product at release most years.

Quote Originally Posted by str8upnobs View Post
    Sounds good....the changes part that is. But , yeah I think everyone understands that the game can only be polished so far. With any luck we'll get some patch help soon.....But i'm not going to hold my breath on that one.
    Today in my game the HUD went completely haywire for 10-12 minutes of my game. No play clock/game clock/score/down & distance etc. , tried pausing , tried timeouts. Nothing worked. Then magically in the 4th qtr it came back. Simple crap like that , makes me realize why the game plays like it's an unfinished product at release most years.
    Yeah, only game glitches/bugs i've found in the game is in the Ultimate Team mode where everytime I finished a game it would freeze. Hope you will bare with me while I switch settings and sliders, i'm so A.D.D. when it comes to gameplay

That is the intention. As long as the wheels stay on lol.

More than likely won't be getting to my game till later than usual. Son has FB practice from 6-8pm. So more than likely after that , not before. Same goes for Friday.....not sure about the schedule after that.

Found this today , thought you might be interested. Don't know how true it is , but here ya go.

Roughing kicker slider undoubtedly controls running game
    After 4 hours of testing in dynasty, the roughing the kicker slider dictates ease of rushing for user and CPU by affecting the angles and response time to ball carriers. The only way to really prove it is for you to take whatever setting u have and put it to 50 then play normally and see if u don't have much greater rushing yardage and YAC for that game. I was averaging 130 yards per game and just had 3 in a row with 200+ against top 25 teams playing as Uconn.

Just thought I'd share

Settings were AA 50 thresh normal speed
    Run block 50
    Run def 50
    Run ability 50
    Tackle 30
    User and CPU same

Point is for anyone looking to tweak their running game easier or harder, 50 RTK=easy and 100=hard

Re: Roughing kicker slider undoubtedly controls running game
    According to kblovers testing it controls defensive aggresiveness.Roughing the Kicker

Higher: For whatever reason that only deities and whoever programmed this game knows, this seems to impact overall pursuit in all phases and activities in the game, decreasing it because...I don't know. It impacts more than just kicking situations. Perhaps it's a proxy for all late hit type penalties, like if you hit stick someone near the boundary. I actually got called for that recently.

Lower: Players don't care. They'll just go and hit and try to make tackles and such. Though, I haven't seen the CPU get called for a late hit like I did, but I know they've tried it. Just in the game I just finished, the CPU corner drove Denarius Moore into the ground about 5 yards out of bounds. Maybe this is why I saw a defender plant Robert Griffin III into ground...on a kneel down...WAY after the play...with no flag.
    I can confirm that this works.

I dropped mine from 100 to 85. I had it at 40 and went to 100 and really noticed the difference for both the User and Cpu.

Needed to loosen up a bit so I left it at 85.

Quote:

Originally Posted by therizing02

Is anyone noticing if this has any effect on the zone coverage because that's where the coverage problems are...

Apologies about the double post...I should have just multi quoted...

Anyway:

From what I've seen (and read) DPI in the 0 to 25 range really helps Man...

Zone is still weak, but the lower you go on the INT slider helps...

I have mine set at 20 with 80 PRC...

You can also set zone coverage in the adjustment section to Aggressive...the deep zones are suspect, but the buzz and drop zones and the zone play of the LBs is much better...

You have to use ALL of it to make this "Balancing Act" balance...

Sliders / Penalties / Adjustments
    http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ning-game.html

Hope this helps!