Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010-11 NBA Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Absolutely HUGE trade there for the Magic. Sucks that they lost Gortat as he was a good sub for Howard when he's in foul trouble. They finally got wise and got rid of shitty Rashard Lewis. About damn time. The fact that Orlando got Hedo back is amazing, as well as someone to help their point and shooting guard issues with Richardson and Arenas is just icing on the cake. Absolutely amazed that that deal went down.
    Any chance this team gels in time to make a run. They look terrible right now.

Where would you rank the Lakers right now in the West?

Celts on a 14 game winning streak and Jermaine O'Neal hasn't even played.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Where would you rank the Lakers right now in the West?
    I'd say 2. I do not trust the Spurs, I think they're going to fall off in the 2nd half. I think the best team in the west at the moment is the Mavs. Lakers 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I'd say 2. I do not trust the Spurs, I think they're going to fall off in the 2nd half. I think the best team in the west at the moment is the Mavs. Lakers 2nd.
    I would agree with that as well. I think the Lakers will come out of the West since the Mavs always choke but have to put them at #2 right now.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Any chance this team gels in time to make a run. They look terrible right now.
    After them kicking the shit out of San Antonio? I'd say most definitely. They looked like a well oiled machine. Orlando never should have gotten rid of Hedo. He's such an amazing player and fits Orlando's play style WAY better than Rashard Lewis ever did. Looks like Arenas has already found his comfort zone 14, 9, and 6 in 28 minutes is damn good for just his 3rd game with them. It'll be interesting to see if they continue to produce.

Arenas is back with the GM he started with at Golden State. I'm not sure if he was the GM at the time, but they've known each other since he was 18. Probably the best fit for him to stay out of trouble.

As a Laker fan, theyre not playing as a top ten team, but the 2 time champs get the benefit of the doubt until playoffs begin

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    After them kicking the shit out of San Antonio? I'd say most definitely. They looked like a well oiled machine. Orlando never should have gotten rid of Hedo. He's such an amazing player and fits Orlando's play style WAY better than Rashard Lewis ever did. Looks like Arenas has already found his comfort zone 14, 9, and 6 in 28 minutes is damn good for just his 3rd game with them. It'll be interesting to see if they continue to produce.
    Yeah they are starting to click and looking good, just a matter of time.

Too bad the shot clock is out of bounds:

Bulls are looking to land either Stephen Jackson or O.J. Mayo....if that happens, and when Noah returns....we could have a fun race in the East.

Can you imagine the Eastern Semi's if the Bulls do land Mayo?

Bulls vs Celts
    Magic vs Heat

Wow

RT @ESPNResearch NBA off to best regular season start ever. ESPN & TNT ratings up over 30% from last year.

RT @ESPNResearch NBA off to best regular season start ever. ESPN & TNT ratings up over 30% from last year.
    I want to know what the furthest into a season the NBA has gone with the most teams without double digit losses. I think they are sitting with 5 now almost half way into the year.

I stepped away from the NBA for about 8 years and came back about five or six years ago following the Celtics....and I would watch a lot of games, and this year I've watched more than before, and not that many of them were Heat....a good deal of Celtics, but also the winner of the NBA TV fan vote Tuesday night game I catch quite a bit too....I'm just much more interested in the league now...then you got young guys like Curry and Durant that are just plain fun to watch.

Another piece that is rumored to be an option for an inevitable Bulls deal is Afflalo from Denver.

Is it me or has LeBron's off the court cockiness completely skyrocketed this year?

LeBron James doesn't expect MVP in '11 - http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trueho...ory?id=5979029

"I think they classify it as an individual award. They look at it like the less help you have, the more numbers you have then the better chance for you to win that award."

LeBron James doesn't expect MVP in '11 - http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trueho...ory?id=5979029
    Could have used a better headline.

"I think they classify it as an individual award. They look at it like the less help you have, the more numbers you have then the better chance for you to win that award."
    This seems like an accurate assessment to me.

Is it me or has LeBron's off the court cockiness completely skyrocketed this year?
    I think it has, but that article is actually an example of the opposite. If he was being as cocky as he's seemed at times, he'd be saying he expected it this year as well.

The better question is why in the world would someone ask that question. It's not like he would just offer up those quotes unsolicited.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    The better question is why in the world would someone ask that question. It's not like he would just offer up those quotes unsolicited.
    Because the media works on this principal: If star athlete says something sensational that gets all the people to look at their story, they (the media person) become more popular/make more money.

The media pretty much just makes shit up and twists people's words (to the point of COMPLETELY making shit up that has absolutely no foundation in reality what-so-ever) to try to make a story out of nothing so that they can further their careers. It's fuckin' horrible.