Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010-11 NBA Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    The Heat lost to Boston again and the Lakers lost for the first time last night.
    And at a couple of points the Celts were completely dominating them. Of course you do have 4 future Hall of Famers on that team, even if they are a little past their prime.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    And at a couple of points the Celts were completely dominating them. Of course you do have 4 future Hall of Famers on that team, even if they are a little past their prime.
    Yep ... and Rondo is throwin dimes out EVERYWHERE ... I think through the first ten games he has the 2nd most assists in NBA history.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yep ... and Rondo is throwin dimes out EVERYWHERE ... I think through the first ten games he has the 2nd most assists in NBA history.
    Rondo is unreal. If he keeps it up it's a team of 5 future HOFers.

Bosh Spice is trending on Twitter now

Kobe Bryant's Grinch-styled shoes.

For an entire generation, Kobe Bryant(notes) has been appearing on national TV on Christmas afternoon or evening while an entire generation of fans has muttered under their breath while complaining about a family that has chosen the wrong words to describe (an entire generation's) choices in life, as it was for the entire generation that proceeded it, and the one that proceeded that one, and so on.

Kobe Bryant's latest choice in life? Via Trey Kerby, from The Basketball Jones? It's an Ecto Cooler-styled sneaker based around the brilliance of Theodor Geisel's "How The Grinch Stole Christmas!" fable. And he'll wear it on Christmas, in a game against the Miami Heat (natch) for all of us to behold.

from Darren Rovell:

Bar that pays drink bills when Miami Heat loses has lost $30,000 SO FAR http://is.gd/hX9lg

LeBron's return to Cleveland was pretty anticlimactic...

LeBron's return to Cleveland was pretty anticlimactic...
    Kind of like everything that he does. Cavs the best record in the league - choke in the Conf Finals, The Decision - I'm going to south Beach*yawn*

I'm personally loving it. I was hoping LeBron, Wade and company would come in and just bitch slap the Cavs. Maybe now all the whiny bitches in Cleveland will shut the hell up for a change and actually move on with their lives like normal people.

As for this game, Miami scares me tonight. Throughout the game tonight, some of these plays, fastbreaks, the steals, etc, if LeBron, Wade and Bosh can all stay on the same page, along with the other two on court, Miami is going to turn into the scary team to play night after night that everyone has been expecting them to be.

All they need is to have the home crowd boo them and treat them like this and they will be set.

I think a lot of people got so caught up in LeBron's return that they forgot that the Cavs are a sub-.500 team. I wasn't surprised by the outcome at all.
    Last edited by HWill; 12-02-2010 at 11:21 PM.

All they need is to have the home crowd boo them and treat them like this and they will be set.
    Yeah. All that booing during the warmups and introductions, every time LeBron even touched the ball, etc, that seemed to get them very fired up and ready to kick some ass. They were going all out there during the second and third quarter. It was almost embarrassing to watch at times with how easily the Heat were running circles around the Cavs.

Quote Originally Posted by HWill View Post
    I think a lot of people got so caught up in LeBron's return that they forgot that the Cavs are a sub-.500 team. I'm wasn't surprised by the outcome at all.
    That too. The Cavs are still at least a bit dangerous some games, but yeah, they are nothing more than a sub-.500 shell of what they used to be.

At least nothing really seemed to get out of control. The Akron Hates You chant was pretty funny...the Scottie Pippen one was maybe 5 on the scale. Some of the asshole and you suck chants remind me of the old WWE days when it wasn't TV-PG.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    If I was them, I would have booed the entire time that Miami had the ball. Fuck Lebron James and the horse he road in on.

was watching this game last night...this was filthy

God I love watching J.R. Smith play.

The Magic made some big moves today:

According to Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski, the Magic have agreed to two deals with the Phoenix Suns and Washington Wizards. Orlando will send Rashard Lewis to the Wizards for Gilbert Arenas, while the Suns would receive Vince Carter, Mickael Pietrus, Marcin Gortat, Orlando's 2011 first round pick and $3 million for Hedo Turkoglu, Jason Richardson and Earl Clark.

This is a massive restructuring, especially for a team with championship hopes, but it's typical for Orlando GM Otis Smith. Smith has been in win-now mode since he signed Rashard Lewis in the 2007 offseason, and each of his deals has been structured around winning a championship sooner rather than later. Even if it meant bringing in significant players who were seven or eight years older than the Magic's all-world center, Dwight Howard.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Absolutely HUGE trade there for the Magic. Sucks that they lost Gortat as he was a good sub for Howard when he's in foul trouble. They finally got wise and got rid of shitty Rashard Lewis. About damn time. The fact that Orlando got Hedo back is amazing, as well as someone to help their point and shooting guard issues with Richardson and Arenas is just icing on the cake. Absolutely amazed that that deal went down.

9-19 Charlotte's Larry Brown has resigned and supposedly his entire staff has been let go. Their next game isn't until Monday the 27th.
    Last edited by cdj; 12-22-2010 at 03:08 PM.

9-19 Charlotte's Larry Brown has resigned and supposedly his entire staff has been let go. Their next game isn't until Monday the 27th.
    Maybe Jordan will step in to coach.