Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253
Results 1,041 to 1,059 of 1059

Thread: 2013 Vault

• Facebook
  • Display
    I'm done, if we end using players in next yrs game I'd like to use the current rosters. I think it'd be too much work to get into the offseason. Just stopping at the bowl games

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by acropora52 View Post
    We just have FAMU and SB to play. FAMU playing tonight. SB didn't respond. I'll advance tonight. We should be fine to finish in a couple weeks at most. When does the new game drop? To be honest, my interest is strongly waning. Hoser, you want to commish the last bit?
    That is fine with me

Varsity
    Mike will play early this evening and then we'll advance. I'll transfer it over to Hoser after the advance. I think 72 hour advances unless ext requested are a good idea going forward.

Varsity
    Advanced:

User Games:
    none

Next Advance:

Sunday night * if you need more time, you must text me or post here * Otherwise I'll advance sunday night around 7:00 pm est

Varsity
    Advanced:

User Games:

Austin vs TSU
    SB vs FAMU
    Ohio vs OKC

Next Advance:

Tuesday evening

Varsity
    advanced.

no user games

advance Thursday night

Are you going to be updating the 2013 records Hoser once we wrap up in a few days?

Recruit
    I plan on updating it. I'll definitely do the main parts, like the championships.

Varsity
    Advanced to bowl season.

1 WWW vs 3 UNO for the MNC.

In typical EA logic, the SEC runner-up, with two losses, jumps the 1 loss SEC champ and the 1 loss B12 champ. Are the guys that are carrying over taking from the current roster or from next year's roster?

Recruit
    Advanced to bowl season.

1 WWW vs 3 UNO for the MNC.

In typical EA logic, the SEC runner-up, with two losses, jumps the 1 loss SEC champ and the 1 loss B12 champ. Are the guys that are carrying over taking from the current roster or from next year's roster?
    I believe we are doing it from our current roster from what I understood. I hope that is right, because that is what I did.

Varsity
    Congrats to WWW for winning a shootout with UNO for the MNC. 47-43! That deserves a writeup. Nice final user game to cap a successful 8 season run for 2013.

I'm going to play my game tonight and then advance to final polls so you guys will have rosters available for moving to 2014, unless there is someone else that wants to play their bowl game.

Recruit
    Congrats to WWW for winning a shootout with UNO for the MNC. 47-43! That deserves a writeup. Nice final user game to cap a successful 8 season run for 2013.

I'm going to play my game tonight and then advance to final polls so you guys will have rosters available for moving to 2014, unless there is someone else that wants to play their bowl game.
    FWIW, the rosters that are available to us right now are sufficient.

Champions One Last Time

New Orleans, LA - Three straight times Marcel Andrews launched himself towards the goalline with Winterfell’s thirty one game winning streak and hopes of a second consecutive national title on the line.

Third time’s the charm.

Andrews’ one yard plunge on 3rd and Goal with 0:10 left put Winterfell up for good in a wild shootout over New Orleans, 47-43, capping a memorable career for retiring White Walker coach PSUEagle.

“I’m so proud of these kids,” said PSUEagle. “They battled and found a way to win one more game.”

“We didn’t play our best game, but hats off to New Orleans: they played an incredible game in front of their home fans and almost beat us.”

The Voodoo (10-3) tested the White Walkers in a way no one has this season, pushing the defending national champions to the brink behind dynamic special teams and a defense which forced four turnovers, including two fumble recoveries.

Few saw a game like this coming: WWW (13-0) had destroyed UNO in a Week 5 meeting earlier this season, scoring fifty six points over three quarters en route to a 56-24 blowout. Additionally, the B1G champion Voodoo were controversially selected to play for the national title over one loss teams Austin and Florida A&M, last year’s runner up.

None of that mattered at the end when UNO backup QB Eric Barnes hit TE Anthony Callahan for a forty six yard score with 1:55 left in the game, putting the upstart Voodoo up 43-40.

“It was time to get in the two minute offense,” said Winterfell QB Reggie Upshaw. “All year we’ve been lights out at the end of halves, so I knew we would find a way.”

Upshaw coolly guided WWW downfield, completing several out routes before finding slot receiver Ed Durbin over the middle on a slant to set the White Walkers up with a 1st and Goal with under 0:30 to play.

PSUEagle calmly motioned for his offense to get into their “U” personnel group: two tight ends and two backs.

Upshaw patiently approached the line, not snapping the ball until 0:15 were left on a quick dive to Andrews.

Tackled an inch short. Timeout, Winterfell.

Same play again, same result. Another timeout.

“I knew I had to punch it in,” said Andrews. “There was no way I was letting coach not go out a winner in his last game.”

One more try, with the last one proving to be the winner.

“I LT Tite 12 Belly,” said PSUEagle of the play WWW dialed up three straight times. “If you can’t make it in on four shots at the goalline running that, you don’t deserve to win.”

For Winterfell, this game never went as expected beyond the final result.

After winning the opening coin toss, the White Walkers kicked off to UNO. A three out led to WWW acquiring great field position, which they cashed in on in only five plays for a TD and a quick 7-0 lead.

UNO HB Terrance Alston returned the ensuing kickoff 105 yards for a TD, the start of what would be several dynamic returns that repeatedly set the Voodoo up with short fields to work with.

The White Walkers would turn the ball over two more times, including a fumble on a kickoff return that directly led to the Voodoo’s second TD to go up, 20-14.

Winterfell rallied to take a 28-20 lead into halftime, but New Orleans went on a 16-0 run in the third quarter to the delight of their hometown fans at the Super Dome to give UNO a 36-28 lead with under 7:00 to play.

“Champions get knocked down sometimes, but champions find a way,” said PSUEagle. “We knew we would rally.”

Rally they did, with Upshaw hitting Andrews out of the backfield for an eighty one yard pass to set up a four yard Andrews TD scamper on the next play, cutting the lead to 36-34 after a missed 2 PT conversion attempt.

QB Eric Barnes was intercepted on 3rd down on the next possession, setting up a short one yard TD plunge by FB Phillip Davis to put WWW in front again, this time 40-36.

New Orleans refused to bow, fighting to the last second before the White Walkers claimed a second consecutive national title. The final result went as expected, though, with PSUEagle officially announcing his retirement from online dynasty play immediately thereafter.

“It was an incredible ride: We took over a program that had a losing record with a stone penis for a logo and turned them into a two time champion,” PSUEagle said while fighting back tears.

“Reggie Upshaw came in a three star kid no one ever heard of and will leave with a 26-0 record. Marcel Andrews was a kid no one wanted and he became an All-American. And (middle linebacker) Allen Culver? Only the finest linebacker in the country in my opinion: no one had more interceptions against users.”

“As I sit here before you guys, though, it’s time to move on from NCAA and this dynasty. I can no longer provide the passion and drive that is necessary to excel in this arena: it’s time to step aside and let someone else have a shot.”

With the win, PSUEagle will leave with a 52-3 record and three conference titles over four seasons.
    Thanks for letting me compete with you guys this cycle: I have nothing but great things to say about everyone in this OD. I had a great time playing against everyone here, even if it was with a team with a ridiculous name, colors and mascot

I'd love to continue on with NCAA 14, but unfortunately I've reached the burnout stage with this series: playing a similar game for so many years that quite frankly is lacking in most areas has taken it's toll. Thus, I'm going to follow Gameface's lead and announce that I'm out for the new game as well, if it wasn't already obvious. As much as I would love to have a team I can truly call my own from the start, the combination of my impending apathy and a crazy August-November schedule means I can no longer go on.

Good luck to everyone staying: maybe we'll have some new blood in the title winner category for NCAA 14 It's been an amazing group that's mostly stayed together for going on four seasons: that's incredible! I'll follow along and look forward to seeing what the future holds for everyone. Hell, maybe Qwigly will find an offense that he sticks with all year

Varsity
    What a great championship game to cap 8 seasons!

Valiant effort by lovles.

Austin finished Coach Acropora's last game with a blowout of Marshall. With the win, Austin finishes in the top 5 all 8 seasons, with 3 national championships and 6 conference titles. We caught up with him briefly, "Our kids have always been winners on and off the field. Our graduation rate has been outstanding and we've had as many Rhode's Scholars as Heisman winners. As with Coaches Eagle and Gameface, I don't feel like I have the passion to continue at a high level and do justice to my team."

I've really enjoyed the last 4 years. It's been a great ride with a great group of guys, so many of whom are still around and still friends I was talking to Hoser today and was almost swayed to do this one more time but it's probably best that I at least take a sabbatical from this game. I'll pop in from time to time and enjoy the writeups and follow the thread.

Recruit
    That was a quick decision.

Varsity
    well, like any drug habit, I'm having trouble letting go. Seeing the possibility of the young defenders I recruited getting a shot is tempting.

I mentioned it to my wife this morning and got "the look" Still, I set the demo to download and will play around with it a little tonight before making my final decision. If I don't play, someone should take over my defense. Then I can vicariously follow along

Varsity
    btw, a testament to the league strength....7 out of 12 teams made the MNC at least once. Of the 8 title matchups, there was only a repeat matchup in the first two seasons, with a different team winning the game each time. After that, every title matchup was unique.

In the MNC, 6 of the matchups were decided by one td or less. Crazy.

Recruit
    well, like any drug habit, I'm having trouble letting go. Seeing the possibility of the young defenders I recruited getting a shot is tempting.

I mentioned it to my wife this morning and got "the look" Still, I set the demo to download and will play around with it a little tonight before making my final decision. If I don't play, someone should take over my defense. Then I can vicariously follow along
    My wife gives me the same look, but she knows that I could be doing worse things so she doesn't bug me about it.

Recruit

2013 Vault

- Season threads
    - Recruiting
    - Scouting
    - Records