Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's talk X's and not O's

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by johntom2000 View Post
    Trying these out. Will post later!
    Swapped out the SS blitz with the bear formation SS man blitz... gets better edge pressure and option containment... Will be a bit of a giveaway against other users though...

Shut down louisville with san jose state in a online game. Thank you for the helpful tips on slowing down the run with the 4-2-5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by smallschoolbuilder View Post
    Shut down louisville with san jose state in a online game. Thank you for the helpful tips on slowing down the run with the 4-2-5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    welcome

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    Ive simply found that using a couple zone plays in the basic 3-4 playbook have helped occasionally.. spying one or two LBs or manning one up with a RB.

I'm sure some real football applies here and there but I'm just a sports fan and a football video game fan enough to where I'm looking for something that works/seems to work.

and for now it seems that as good as o-line blocking is and how they seem to have dumbed down defenders for certain plays.
    Its better to have 4 guys who aren't down-linemen running around.

...aggressive zones might help too but I hate using that for fear of deep chucks
    Though I haven't been horribly torched by the run game in my coach mode games I do seem to notice how when my LBs can get free (more speed) we're more apt to stuff the CPU run game than when I have a lineman trying to chase down a back.

Now, what kind of tips to you have to slow down the passing game. There ALWAYS seems to be a man open even though I try to run more man lately because of it.

against the CPU... it is very hard so far to be consistent... vs USERS i will change up between some nickel normal and nickel 2-4-5... when i go 2-4-5 i like to call over storm brave and hot route LB's to zone that are blitzing... so that i have man over top and z good zone under... confusing for the USER to read quick, and if alignment tells him man, he will look for slant/mesh and you can usually get a pick from him throwing where he thinks nobody should be... just one of those things where you have to work on your play calling skills... but vs CPU... i try to put pressure on a bit but, again... as usual it is extremely hard to be consistent

I been having success with the 3-3-5 split mixing up playing calling bring 9 in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
    i have had it on QB the entire time since demo... guys that's not the answer
    Kinda that is If you use football common sense. Any team will take away one put of the problem and fill out the rest. I myself being like minded as you are and have played with the college ranks and coached. The thing you have to be aware of is the AWR of your ends. If their AWR is low they can still be sucked in even If the option defense is set to Agg. I have saw with my own eyes.

Grid, I have been using your setup and have had some success. Lately tho Ive been getting gashed up the middle. Regardless of what I do with the DL (pinch, Crash. etc) opponents have been hurting me with the give. Usually the player Im usering gets caught up in the wash, or gets stuck on a block and cant come off. Any suggestions?

Kinda that is If you use football common sense. Any team will take away one put of the problem and fill out the rest. I myself being like minded as you are and have played with the college ranks and coached. The thing you have to be aware of is the AWR of your ends. If their AWR is low they can still be sucked in even If the option defense is set to Agg. I have saw with my own eyes.
    well if you have played and coached as you say then you know what my point is... football common sense doesn't translate to this game

i havent had that happen, but will tinker with a few things and see what comes of it... in the mean time pinch the DL and crash them and just try to get a few stops to scare them away from trying it a lot... that's a tough one, and again emphasizes my point, common sense football doesn't apply to this game

Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
    well if you have played and coached as you say then you know what my point is... football common sense doesn't translate to this game

i havent had that happen, but will tinker with a few things and see what comes of it... in the mean time pinch the DL and crash them and just try to get a few stops to scare them away from trying it a lot... that's a tough one, and again emphasizes my point, common sense football doesn't apply to this game
    I agree

Freshman
    I agree
    Count me in the number of those in agreement that there's no room for common sense football on the defensive side of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2