View Poll Results: How would you rate NCAA 14?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 - Best

36 34.95%

45 43.69%

17 16.50%

3 2.91%
  • 1 - Worst

2 1.94%
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 14 - General Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    Then why play online if it just a cheese fest ? Fuck it . Stay away from online. It will always be crap.
    because playing the cpu by itself is boring and all you are really doing is creating a little world you cant fail in or don't fail in that badly . There are moments I play just the cpu especially with my created teams but the aspect of unpredictability even with the limited game logic in head to head games is fascinating...then i'll play ultimate team games against cpu and just appreciate the game for what it is visually etc

that said, on this forum I am also giving my consumer opinion of a like or dislike by posting comments like that

since the update...now 3 times...if I try to delete highlights from my legacy, it will freeze...I cant pull up psn menu so I have to eject disc

I reiterate...

I have to see someone open when I THrow. It needs to look good to me.

I just played a guy where just about every pass completion he threw looked like lucky crap. I had them covered every single time but it didn't matter one damn bit. Deep ball after deep ball with no adversity at all LOL.

you know what.. I was ahead 21-7 at the half and he quit. But this is efing frustrating that everything has to be so damn dramatic and easy every single time. Its not fun.

LOL...at least its forced me to look at other defensive plays just to see what the hell happens when you use them. But coooome ooon maaaan ...sigh

what the hell is up with that circular downward left turn my receivers do when trying to simply push left stick up to make them go up field after a catch on the right sideline ?
    Last edited by ram29jackson; 09-03-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think ive seen it happen both whether i'm doing hurry up or coming out of a huddle ..but sometimes the -A- route and -RB route will be flipped instead of how its pictured. I have noticed if you pick original play on the audible commands they will go to original positions.

also as far as defense in relation to this play...I have seen a single defender ride that wide receiver-A route- through most of his route and wont release from him well into the curve of the route staying on his inside shoulder the entire time
    Last edited by ram29jackson; 09-03-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Man there is just no defense in this game . shit. I jumped into my dynasty today. decided to schedule Texas. But damn they run all over on AA. Just in sane how I can't stop the run for crap.

EA still not updating the EA sports profile site with the new games...your stats etc

so after playing an offline game and getting a huge lead, i decided to turn the play clock off, and just let the 4th quarter run itself out....

it may just be my 360 running slow, but as the clock is running, i noticed that the 15 minute quarters doesnt translate to 15 minutes of real life. it took close to 20 minutes of real time to complete the 15 minute quarter. idk if it was my system running slow, but thats a problem, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    so after playing an offline game and getting a huge lead, i decided to turn the play clock off, and just let the 4th quarter run itself out....

it may just be my 360 running slow, but as the clock is running, i noticed that the 15 minute quarters doesnt translate to 15 minutes of real life. it took close to 20 minutes of real time to complete the 15 minute quarter. idk if it was my system running slow, but thats a problem, imo.
    no, its the games clock logic. I have played plenty of online games and the seconds take forever to tick away. I know its slower than last year.

the average play only seems to tick off 4 sconds and even when theres no rush and the QB has forever the clock doesn't seem to be counting down a whole lot of time. The last minute and 30 seconds take waaay longer than last year.

I apologize for not doing some searches on my own and just asking to be spoon-fed.

Last night I got my first "commissioner has made changes" error in an OD. I had played a game but it didn't save, gave me the error instead. I didn't try to play again, partly because I've seen this one mentioned here before.

If I play the game again, am I going to get the same error? Is this OD basically over now?

Quote Originally Posted by Stan HAMsen View Post
    I apologize for not doing some searches on my own and just asking to be spoon-fed.

Last night I got my first "commissioner has made changes" error in an OD. I had played a game but it didn't save, gave me the error instead. I didn't try to play again, partly because I've seen this one mentioned here before.

If I play the game again, am I going to get the same error? Is this OD basically over now?
    No clue what will happen if/when you play it again. I do know it ended my excitement over the game and we (buddy back south) stopped playing. To detail again (open wide for the spoon) I was comish, won a thriller as an underdog, got the error message and nothing saved. This was after a first attempt in an OD where after the season was over I took a promo to head coach and my coach points were reset. Two attempts and I am done. Game is for me, fun to play but bugs killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    open wide for the spoon
    I figured you or CLW would be in here calling me a liberal or something, haha.

Anyway, I'm in more or less the same situation as you. Just a 2 man OD with an old roommate who now lives out of state. I'm the comish, so obviously no changes were made. This is really the first problem we've had and this is Year 5, Week 7. We did have a little trouble loading our head to head game but that seems to be because I was getting the uniform updates and he wasn't. When we finally had a head to head with an updated uniform, the game wouldn't load. Took us almost a week to figure it out.

Hopefully this won't kill our OD.

So, I played that game again and it saved just fine. But two games later, I've got the same 'comish made changes' error.

My buddy found a post on the EA forums that says the error seems to be caused by editing the schedules and that once it appears, it will effect every 3rd week for the rest of the season.

I guess we're going to start a new dynasty. Maybe. I'm not sure how much fun it will be using default schedules every year.

Something I absolutely love about NCAA '14. Special team are relevant again!

Ever since I started my coaching carousel dynasty back on NCAA '12, between 9 seasons on '12 and '13, I can't remember a single instance that I returned a kickoff or a punt for a touchdown. I had some good returns, but they were clearly never going to be taken back for a touchdown. I'm just under 4 minutes away from halftime of my bowl game in my first season on '14, and I just returned my third kickoff of the season for a touchdown.

Looking back through the previous 12 games this season, I've returned a kickoff 101 yards for a touchdown, a kickoff 96 yards for a touchdown and just now a kickoff 95 yards for a touchdown. Add in a couple other kickoffs and punts that I nearly returned for a touchdown, just needing to beat maybe one or two players and I would have been able to score, my god I love being able to score with special teams again.

Even defense matters again. Once in a very rare blue moon I'd be able to make a return on a fumble or interception in '12 or '13. So far in this one season on '14, I've returned a fumble 20 yards for a touchdown and an interception 81 yards for a touchdown.

All three areas of the game finally matter in '14. You can score and put up points with all three parts, offense, defense and special teams. Get the right blocks, hit the right hole, and you're going for a touchdown on a kickoff or punt return. Make the right move on an interception, and you can actually get away from the receiver you just intercepted the ball from and actually take it back for a touchdown, instead of being instantly tackled without being able to do anything like years past. No longer do all your points have to come by way of offensive touchdowns or field goals. I love it!

Is the truck move the R3 button or up on the r-stick? A help menu says R3 but I've never used that before.

Up on the R-Stick.

Well I picked up NCAA 14 last week and I'm having a lot of fun with it. The game is good and I love having the option back both to run it and play against it. A lot more options plays in this version. I kind of suck running the inverted veer and speed option right now but the read and mid-line read are fun. Bubble screens are good too as long as the DBs aren't pressing. The cpu needs to audible out of that look more. The halftime show is good (they should have done a post game too) and while I wish they wouldn't do the 3 spline replays all the time and mix in more broadcast/press box angles I have to say the presentation is better than Madden as a result. I still like Nantz and Simms but being away from Herbie for a few years makes him acceptable for me right now. Nessler is still great.

The game is simpler than Madden. I don't see as many animations as Madden and yet I like it better. I'm not a big fan of the changes to IE in Madden. The sideline awareness is something that was terrible in Madden and really pissed me off. It's better in NCAA and with one foot catches it is not an issue. The DL in NCAA can break through the line occassionally which is nice. In Madden ISO runs up the gut are almost a money play. The read-option is a little over-powered but it can be stopped. My biggest beef is how overly effective it seems when the QB keeps it. Four verticals can be too effective as well.

A couple of annoyances. There are times when the cpu QB just throws the ball away almost immediately. Sometimes I don't see it at all and then some games I see it three or four times. The cpu RBs seem to weave and have good vision but never use special moves like jukes and spins. The jukes aren't as effective as Madden but I'd like to see more moves from the cpu. Does this happen if you crank the RBA? Shoe string tackles don't exist in Madden and may be a bit overdone in NCAA but are fine and a nice change of pace. You do see them in real football.

I know this sounds silly but it's nice not to be annoyed by some of the little things wrong in Madden. Like the Dolphins uniforms being screwed up, the home team cheering backwards on a replay challenge (they boo if it benefits the home team and vice versa), Nantz giving away the chain gang measurement, bad replay angles that are zoomed in too much, not correctly announcing kick return yardage (all kick return yardage should be counted from where they catch it, including 3 yards deep in end zone; Madden only counts from goalline), etc. The one annoying glitch I encountered was the slowdown. I read that's related to looking at replays and highlights so I don't do that in game anymore. Haven't seen it since.

Overall I've had three ESPN classics and have played quite a bit. I'm looking forward to starting a dynasty after our family returns from Disney. We leave on Friday. I traded in Madden 25 today as well towards my son's birthday gift so it's NCAA 14 or bust now. Just not feeling Madden this year.

I decided to pick up NCAA 14 as well, but I haven't played it yet. I am still finishing up season 1 of Madden, I'm finally in the playoffs, lol. After year 1 is complete, I am going to give NCAA 14 a go. After reading plenty of comments this year about NCAA 14 being better than Madden 25 and not playing much of NCAA 13, I am looking forward to starting a Dynasty.

I've played over 50 games of Madden 25 so I will notice what is better or worse in NCAA 14 pretty quickly I imagine.

On longer kicks does lowering the accuracy arrow get you more distance? It definitely seems like it to me. I think Madden removed that this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    On longer kicks does lowering the accuracy arrow get you more distance? It definitely seems like it to me. I think Madden removed that this year.
    I feel it does as well. I usually always lower mine to some degree on any kick over 35yds.