View Poll Results: How would you rate NCAA 14?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 - Best

36 34.95%

45 43.69%

17 16.50%

3 2.91%
  • 1 - Worst

2 1.94%
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 14 - General Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    I'm playing as a coordinator in my dynasty and I LOVE the new recruiting but I can already tell that when I do become an HC, I'm putting ALL my points into the recruiting tree. I can deal with my kicker being iced or squiggly lines if I have good players but I can't get good players if I don't have access to a bunch of points. Those points are a precious commodity.

Question, I set up a OD and forgot to make it where players can only use created HC, so there is always the one person who pleads ignorant ( but I digress) , who used an already created coach his XP is worlds better than anyone elses. Can I change this after the fact where he has to create a coach or is it stuck as is?

Second question..... there a default coach start position thingy, does this work after the dynasty has already started. I would assume not since its not working!

For those of you who have played the game more than I have does the experience needed to level up my coach increase as time goes on? Because right now it seems as if my guys is getting new levels every other game or so.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBeavers View Post
    For those of you who have played the game more than I have does the experience needed to level up my coach increase as time goes on? Because right now it seems as if my guys is getting new levels every other game or so.
    Yes, each level the xp is higher. The first season you gain a lot but slow down greatly by season three.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    Question, I set up a OD and forgot to make it where players can only use created HC, so there is always the one person who pleads ignorant ( but I digress) , who used an already created coach his XP is worlds better than anyone elses. Can I change this after the fact where he has to create a coach or is it stuck as is?

Second question..... there a default coach start position thingy, does this work after the dynasty has already started. I would assume not since its not working!
    I wouldn't even want to play with that guy. He clearly doesn't care about fair play.

LOL...I just kicked him out and he came back in with a created coach, so no biggie.

I have been playing with him since OD has come out, I just have no idea what the hell he was thinking on that.

So I have heard the reason I am not seeing studio updates as and offensive coordinator is because they only happen after extra points, I'm okay with that but I'm wondering if I watch the extra point will I then be able to see the studio update? Guess I'm going to have to check this out.

Any news on the 2nd patch?

Was there a first patch?

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    Was there a first patch?
    The release day patch, but that's it. We're a week away from a month since release, and the only patch we've had is the day one patch. I don't even know if there has been much of anything in way of tuner updates. I only remember seeing my console/game download one tuner update so far. I'm of the thought process that EA could give us an improved zone defense, or hell, give us A defense with changes and fixes made via tuner updates.

Unfortunately, unlike games like the NHL series, where they seemingly release a new tuner update every couple days or every week, we don't see a single tuner update in NCAA unless it's paired with a patch. The NCAA team have a great thing in their hands with tuner updates, but they refuse to use them at all unless it's combined with a patch. If we could drill that into their goddamn heads, that they can release tuner updates every few days or every week or every two weeks, not only when they get around to releasing a patch, a lot of gameplay issues could be quickly improved. Maybe not "fixed", but certainly improved.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    The release day patch, but that's it. We're a week away from a month since release, and the only patch we've had is the day one patch. I don't even know if there has been much of anything in way of tuner updates. I only remember seeing my console/game download one tuner update so far. I'm of the thought process that EA could give us an improved zone defense, or hell, give us A defense with changes and fixes made via tuner updates.

Unfortunately, unlike games like the NHL series, where they seemingly release a new tuner update every couple days or every week, we don't see a single tuner update in NCAA unless it's paired with a patch. The NCAA team have a great thing in their hands with tuner updates, but they refuse to use them at all unless it's combined with a patch. If we could drill that into their goddamn heads, that they can release tuner updates every few days or every week or every two weeks, not only when they get around to releasing a patch, a lot of gameplay issues could be quickly improved. Maybe not "fixed", but certainly improved.

My bet is this is the game no patches no tunes they have 100% turned their focus to PS4/XB1 now and there will be no further support for this title except possibly some paid uniform DLC and possibly more pay for NUT specials.

Ahh yeah I remember now I had the season Pass so when I bought the game I didnt have one again.........

Hopefully they were just responding to someone who specifically asked about the facemask, but it would seem to be the perfect opportunity to say "this plus some other stuff is in the works"

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    My bet is this is the game no patches no tunes they have 100% turned their focus to PS4/XB1 now and there will be no further support for this title except possibly some paid uniform DLC and possibly more pay for NUT specials.
    I'm generally surprised there has been no real mention of patches/fixes/tuner updates. The devs have been very quiet this year. In many ways it is eerily reminiscent of NCAA BASKETBALL 10...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I'm generally surprised there has been no real mention of patches/fixes/tuner updates. The devs have been very quiet this year. In many ways it is eerily reminiscent of NCAA BASKETBALL 10...

Same here, the only real issue I'm concerned with is the lack of no-huddle hurry-up for the USER compared to the CPU abusing it like crazy. If they fixed this I'm good with everything else.

Honestly the color of socks, or facemasks, etc... don't make or break the game for me.

the weirdest crap just happened in my ultimate team head to head game.

game is almost over, I'm well ahead. My cornerback intercepts a ball in the end zone . I want to simply down it so I take my hands off joystick so he ( as usual should just go on a knee. But instead of that or falling down ...he's getting pushed and pulled or rather bumping into other players...and he starts going towards the field...ive got my thumb on the stick now trying to keep him in the end zone but its like its fighting me and he wont down the freaking ball and no opposing player seems to bump him enough to take him down.

he keeps going towards the field so I direct him to run out of it.
    But by now I notice he is going at like one fourth the speed of everyone else...my players and other players are moving at faster speeds and getting in his way. I finally get bumped out of bounds but the replay was too long to see what happened in end zone.

Just more freaking bizarre crap from this game LOL

Last edited by ram29jackson; 08-08-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Man I was GB Games yesterday and almost got NCAA 14 but I didn't because the gf was with and any ways the game 40 bucks ! Damn it ugh. I may sneak over there later and see if it is there over the weekend and just get it. 40 bucks is cheap .

I am sick and tired of constantly seeing my defense get beat by 10 yards on deep passes when I have 3 or 4 deep blue zones, I committed to the pass and have zones on relaxed. It happens waaay to efing much.

and I think the clock in game is kind of slow too.

ballhawk simply does not work at all. Not the way they advertised it anyway...its more like ballpigeon

ive had more online games just drop and get disconnected than last year already. At least as far as a first month is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    I am sick and tired of constantly seeing my defense get beat by 10 yards on deep passes when I have 3 or 4 deep blue zones, I committed to the pass and have zones on relaxed. It happens waaay to efing much.

and I think the clock in game is kind of slow too.

ballhawk simply does not work at all. Not the way they advertised it anyway...its more like ballpigeon
    The delay one the reaction of inputting a command is ridiculous.

You get the notification for "USER CATCH" and the first thing that happens is a hurdle despite only hitting Y once.

I wouldn't mind the ballhawk feature if you know the guy went for the pick and missed, but when you hold the Y or mash the Y button and neither makes the defender do anything it's depressing.