Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Review Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    1) I've never really found Olivia Wilde attractive. She's definitely pretty but that body could use a few more curves. I'd still hit it though.

2) Jim Carrey plays a Criss Angel type of Magician. The scenes he's in are relatively short and his "magic" is just stunts that get progressively more outrageous. Some are funnier than others but Jim Carrey isn't as annoying as he typically is.
    I watched the movie, just not my thing. Saw it around the same time as "Now You See Me" and though it is not a comedy, it did have a few laughs and I enjoyed it much more.

Any ever seen (or even heard of) Now You See Me? It's been showing on HBO and I really like it.

Any ever seen (or even heard of) Now You See Me? It's been showing on HBO and I really like it.
    Lol. I just watched it too, was going to post here but hadn't had the chance. It's pretty good. I wanted to see it for awhile, love the twist at the end.

Now You See Me. Was alright not my kind of movie but ok.

After reading the first Jack Reacher novel I was excited to see the movie. What a colossal waste of time! I do not recommend the movie. Read the books!!!

Did not know if this would go with this thread, however, I came across this 9 minute movie short that is starting to spread throughout the internet. Looks great. If this movie vision comes true, it could end up being something really special for movie fans. The creator appears to have the right idea in releasing the short.

Enjoy.

http://www.malqueres.com/#The-Flying-Man

Exceprts from the Press release that is also located on the linked website

THE FLYING MAN - A superhero short film.

The Flying Man is a short film envisioned, financed, produced, directed, edited and co-written by Marcus Alqueres. The short depicts the first appearances of a super powered vigilante, his impact in a modern society and its ethical discussion. Marcus made The Flying Man in order to demonstrate his vision as he currently outlines a feature version of the script. Marcus believes that releasing it online ahead of festivals could help accessing a potential audience and measure its reception.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Wow, that's bad ass. I want that superhero movie. Looks awesome.

Saw Muppets Most Wanted last night. It was good, definitely better than the last movie; which wasn't too bad, but not too great either.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Saw Muppets Most Wanted last night. It was good, definitely better than the last movie; which wasn't too bad, but not too great either.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    The musical parts are a lot more tolerable. Plus I like Tina Fey and Ricky Gervais better than the dude who was in the last one.
    The dude abides.

Just watched Gravity. Loved it. Kinda wish I saw it in the theatre, but oh well. I kinda wanted more from the ending, but leaving it up to interpretation is fine too.
    The dude abides.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Just watched Gravity. Loved it. Kinda wish I saw it in the theatre, but oh well. I kinda wanted more from the ending, but leaving it up to interpretation is fine too.
    I thought that movie was top 3 of the year. It blew me the fuck away seeing it in theaters.
    Last edited by morsdraconis; 03-30-2014 at 08:12 PM.

I kinda wanted more from the ending, but leaving it up to interpretation is fine too.
    It's a bit open ended. I thought the whole movie was pretty much a metaphor for rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    It's a bit open ended. I thought the whole movie was pretty much a metaphor for rebirth.
    Spoiler: show
    I read two different theories outside of what we saw where she survived. One was she died way in the beginning when the first shrapnel storm hit. The other is she died when she turned the oxygen off and everything was a dream until she fully passed away. I still think she woke up after the Clooney dream, and NASA definitely has to tech to find out that she landed and where.
    The dude abides.

Saw Wolf of Wall Street last night. That was a great movie. A 3 hour movie that didn't feel that long at all.
    The dude abides.

I'll be going to see winter solider tomorrow in 3D. seems to be getting great reviews even in 3d. So i'm gonna give it a chance. I normally don't see movies in 3d.

Just got done watch Captain America Winter Solider, Awesome movie! Much better then the first and ti was good too.

I love how these Marvel movies are getting more and more serious and darker like the Batman movies were makes a better movie IMO.

I won't post much about the movie only because I don't know how to write spoiler tags. But it is an awesome. No need for 3D just wasn't blown away by it. I keep giving 3D a chance but only get disappointed every time. I'll stick to regular movies for a while.

just remember if u go see Captain America be sure to stay threw the entire credits a lot people by know don't get it that Marvel movies throw in extra stuff at the end ..

How would you guys watch the Marvel movies in story order previously by Captain America Winter Solider? Thought it would be a great watch threw and then go see WS again in a few weeks after I've watched all the movies.

Saw Draft Day last night. I really enjoyed it.

Saw Draft Day last night. I really enjoyed it.
    Fuck Cleveland.