Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by qwigly View Post
    I guess it feels like learning a whole new game each time a new version comes out. Every time I have been involved I rushed to build team based on offense I wanted to run (Pistol, Run n Shoot; etc), spent the first few seasons realizing the offense wasnt going to work as designed due to "EA challenges". By that time I have been recruiting for an offense I am no longer going to run and spend 2 or 3 more seasons trying to rebuild from there.

So taking a little time, maybe not waiting for a patch but giving everyone time to adjust to how the new version of the game plays would be helpful.

Based on demo, I am leaning toward trying either Nebraska style offense I think they should run now (think Nevada of the big 10) or old school Husker with I formation power run with option. Demo has not given me enough to know if either is really viable since the playbooks are limited with either style of O PB. The Nike trainer gives you a little glimpse but seems to play differently than the demo games.

So would like time to lab both schemes enough to have confidence that I can at least move the ball on ya'll
    I'll definitely give some time, but I wasn't too fond of waiting a month to get started. Besides, we still need to fill the OD and that might take a week or so to do.

Recruit
    Loaded my team and quickly played against Qwigly's team to get a screenshot....

I'm ready to get things started.

BTW, I'm experimenting with my team so I brought over about 13 of my defensive players to see how that changed my OVR. I started with a 68 OVR team, and now my team is an 81 OVR. Keep in mind that those who are wanting to start with a new roster can only start with an 80 OVR team (at the most), but that doesn't mean they will be at a disadvantage. The guys who bring over players might be slightly over 80, but the side of the ball that doesn't have the players brought over will stink and their prestige and recruiting pitches puts them at a disadvantage.

Here is my team... Im not sure what my overall is, so it may need to be tweaked a bit....

http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...094:1373071033

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrok11 View Post
    Here is my team... Im not sure what my overall is, so it may need to be tweaked a bit....

http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...094:1373071033

Looks good. I'll load them later today and take a look.

What roster did you use?

I would like to join gt is WPcat1166

So Hoser, what are your thoughts on the game?
    What side of the ball are you going with?

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by eramos23 View Post
    So Hoser, what are your thoughts on the game?
    What side of the ball are you going with?
    It plays a lot like '13 to me, but the offense is a little different....but not much. Running the ball from behind center is much easier for me(thanks to what seems like better blocking)

With that said, I decided to bring over 15 guys (the max) on defense. I used UAB's roster so I have a 68 OVR offense, but bringing over my guys on defense gave me a 92 OVR defense.

Recruit
    Guys, I'll be posting a link to each person's team in the first post of this thread. I will also make note of the roster used, if any players were brought over, and what side of the ball they are on.

When you are done with your team, please a link to it on here and let me know what roster you used, and if you brought over any players.

NOTE: Please make sure you set your team's prestige accordingly. Also make sure you edit your recruiting pitches according to what route you decided to go with your team. You can find the rules for recruiting pitches and rosters on the rules page, and on page 2 of this thread.

SLU (At least for now) returns... Using 1-star Washington State's roster

http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...313:1373205767

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Funngunner View Post
    SLU (At least for now) returns... Using 1-star Washington State's roster

http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...313:1373205767
    Washington State is an 81 overall. If you are bringing over players, you have to use a roster that is 69 OVR or less. If you aren't bringing over players, you have to use a roster that is 80 OVR or less.

80 OVR through 70 OVR
    Ball State: 79
    Buffalo: 79
    Colorado: 79(Taken)
    Duke: 79(Taken)
    FIU: 79(Taken)
    Minnesota: 79
    NIU: 79
    Ohio: 79
    Tulsa: 79 (Taken)
    Arkansas State: 77
    Hawaii: 77
    Pitt: 77(Taken)
    San Jose: 77
    UL Lafayette: 77
    FAU: 75
    Nevada: 75
    Rice: 75
    Troy: 75
    Tulane: 75
    UL Monroe: 75
    UTEP: 75
    Utah State: 75
    Western Kentucky: 75
    Wyoming: 75
    Bowling Green: 74
    Kent State: 74
    La Tech: 74
    Marshall: 74(Taken)
    MTSU: 74
    Navy: 74
    Southern Miss: 74
    Army: 72
    Central Michigan: 72
    Colorado State: 72
    Miami (OH): 72
    North Texas: 72
    UNLV: 72
    Western Michigan: 72
    Air Force: 70
    Mamphis: 70
    Old Dominion: 70

69 OVR or less
    UTSA: 68
    UAB: 68 (Taken)
    South Alabama: 68
    Texas State: 68(Taken)
    Eastern Michigan: 65(Taken)
    New Mexico: 65
    New Mexico State: 65
    Akron: 63 (Taken)
    Idaho: 63
    UMASS: 61
    Georgia State: 60
    Last edited by Hoser11; 07-14-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Oh, whoops missed that part. I'll rebuild it with Akron then.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Funngunner View Post
    Oh, whoops missed that part. I'll rebuild it with Akron then.
    Sounds good. I take it you are bringing 15 over players on Offense?

BTW, I was actually surprised that there wasn't one team rated 80 OVR.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that starting with a fresh roster has advantages and disadvantages, just like bringing over players does. You may have a 3* team with recruiting pitches that are better than those who are bringing over players, but your team's overall rating will be a little lower than those who bring over 15 players on one side of the ball(whichever side they choose). For example, my team is an 81 overall (68 offense - 92 defense).
    Last edited by Hoser11; 07-07-2013 at 11:34 AM.

The scoreboard might not look pretty after the game, but at least we are going to look good. Each year it normally only takes me a game or two to get adjusted to the new game; this year I am 6 games in and I feel further away than the 1st game I played. I am having issues all over the place. I havent figured out exactly the new sprint button, and tackling for me this year has been awful. When I finally do get the guy to at least do an animation, I bring him down maybe 25% of the time. Its been a rough transition for me to say the least.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrok11 View Post
    The scoreboard might not look pretty after the game, but at least we are going to look good. Each year it normally only takes me a game or two to get adjusted to the new game; this year I am 6 games in and I feel further away than the 1st game I played. I am having issues all over the place. I havent figured out exactly the new sprint button, and tackling for me this year has been awful. When I finally do get the guy to at least do an animation, I bring him down maybe 25% of the time. Its been a rough transition for me to say the least.
    We should get a game in

Hopefully, I will be making my team tonight!

My team is created, but under a ps3 persona...don't understand why. Tried for an hour straight to get my persona to have xbox360 beside it, but can't. This appears to be a big problem with some people on the web, many cases go unsolved it appears. So at this point I am not sure what to do???

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbooyazz View Post
    My team is created, but under a ps3 persona...don't understand why. Tried for an hour straight to get my persona to have xbox360 beside it, but can't. This appears to be a big problem with some people on the web, many cases go unsolved it appears. So at this point I am not sure what to do???
    That is strange. I just sent you a text for a possible fix.

Recruit
    Ok guys. The game is officially out today. A few of us have played the early release and I know Funngunner and I already noticed that some things needed to be adjusted(QB Accuracy for instance). If any of you "slider gurus" want to have it, please let me know. We could also just look around for a solid set of sliders that someone has made. Adjusting sliders is one area that I don't have a lot of experience in.
    Last edited by Hoser11; 07-09-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Freshman
    When do we need to have our teams finished? I'm just trying to decided on which team I want to use. I'll post them later today and you guys can give me some opinions.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by lovles21 View Post
    When do we need to have our teams finished? I'm just trying to decided on which team I want to use. I'll post them later today and you guys can give me some opinions.
    I think we're going to play around with the game this week before we get started, so you have some time. I've looked at your possible teams, and I would say you should go with OBU. However, I'm just saying OBU because my nephew is supposedly being recruited by them.