Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2014 talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Valid Username View Post
    This is wpwildcat? There's way more ODs to choose from here: http://utopiacollegesports.com/index.php
    I don't really care for that site anymore ill just wait it out im in. Two right now anyway I hope they get going.

Creating my team now.. I'll post the teambuilder link shortly!

Quote Originally Posted by eramos23 View Post
    Hoser, you gonna be running 3-4 or 3-3-5? You looked stacked for that kind of defense!

Fungunner, are you going to a running team this year?!?!
    Hoser gave you a false report of my offense. I was pretty balanced last season on offense out of the spread. I'll look to continue that trend this year. Basically, I'll take what you give me. Let me throw and I'll mike leach you to death. Let me run and ill get my Oregon on.

Your choice.... Hopefully

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by eramos23 View Post
    Hoser, you gonna be running 3-4 or 3-3-5? You looked stacked for that kind of defense!

Fungunner, are you going to a running team this year?!?!
    I'll be running the 3-4, but I will probably mess around with some other stuff.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by amoore0192 View Post
    I'm excited to get this thing goin! My gamer tag is thedrewmoore so feel free to add me. My cell is 606 694 5234 if you don't care to text me your name and gt that'd be awesome. As I've told Hoser my schedule is a little weird with work so I figured cells would be easiest to set up play times w users.

Hoser, Ive updated my team (changed pants) so if you have to update them or however that works Id appreciate it if you could do that before we get going.
    I'll check for updates before I load the final teams and start the OD.

Wait we're upping pass blocking? My average OL held up against Ohio State's defense pretty well. I do like how those kicking settings look, the lowering of QB accuracy too.

Here's my number, don't quote it though. 918-815-3648. Probably remove it soon from this site.

I would probably start the threshold at 40. 50 is not bad at all. The farther away from 50 you get the more you jack up on one side or the other. I would say 40 is pretty low.

EDIT: I'm gonna make my own tweaks to this slider set and see how it plays out in multiple games of varying talent disparities. Most of my games will be with me as the weaker team but I'll do one as the much stronger team once probably.
    Last edited by Valid Username; 07-14-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Anybody want to do an unranked game using our teambuilder teams? Or even default teams. I don't care, just wanna test my various playbooks and play users without getting cheesed to death in lobby ball.

I'm in favor of lower, I think it separates playmakers. You want 40 they want 10 how about 25?

I'll post my opinions after some test games.. However, JW on Oldtopia made an excellent point on lowering the threshold. It really isn't good for the game. Breakaway plays aren't as common as users want them to be. I had a 60 yard run with default Heisman user vs user unranked yesterday with a back that isn't even that fast. Anything lower than 40 is getting a bit extreme.

I'll probably only play halves because by default my games are 7 minute quarters. I'll post impressions and stats of the halves. First game Northwestern @ OSU (Okst). I am Ok St.

Btw, for rosters, Pastapadre has one released with players, like Wes Lunt, put on correct teams. All players are named as well.

Also, I plan on starting an OD in the next few hours and I'd like to invite a person or two to test out user vs user game settings.

Alright guys. So far so good. I like what I've got here, minus a few things that probably need more detail. Everything is the same as the set quoted on page 6 I think, except the following:

Human changes - QB Acc down to 5, FG power to 40, FGA to 35, Punt Power to 45, PA to 45, KO P to 45. Everything else untouched.

CPU changes - QB accuracy to 30, pass block to 30.

I think the user rush offense vs the CPU rush defense is just fine. I really like it. Same with the CPU rush offense vs the user rush defense. CPU passing is a little better, and closer to where it needs to be. CPU pass rush may be a tad too high, but I'm gonna leave it as is and do further testing. I plan on finishing this game out. CPU pass defense isn't that bad and may be fine if leaving the QB accuracy at 5 although I've had a few weird throws, but they may be due to pressure and/or not setting feet. So far, I do like what I've had.

So far I have not concluded any major changes are needed to my current set, but I have only a half played with them. More opinions later. Stats at the half:

17/7 (OSU/Northwestern)
    Rushing 16-68-2/15-36-1
    Passing 11 of 21-90-0/10 of 14-107-0

I have two INTs thrown and two made. OSU's passing stats aren't too impressive so far, part of it is my fault. There was a fourth down attempt by NU that I thought was really cool. They threw into a tight window and my linebacker made a nice play.

I set the threshold the lowest I felt was acceptable. It's at 35 for me. That's about the lowest I'd feel comfortable with.

Speaking of starting, what's the time frame looking like as of now? Is Peacefrog the only one left?

all done. Mount Greylock Pioneers are ready to roll. I used Tulsa's Rosters. I'll be using the Nebraska PB & 4-2-5.

I started creating the San Diego Sharks but I went with the local team I created for NCAA11.

http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...990:1373845832

Recruit
    I think peacefrogg is the last one. Im currently trying to get my oldest son ready for bed, and I'm hoping we'll be ready to start when he goes to sleep(which might be in an hour or so)...assuming peacefrogg is ready.

OSU's offense came alive in the second half. My passing attack lit them up.

Alright, so with that game under wraps, I really like my set and the direction it goes. My OL got me much more time in the second half. So far, I've not seen enough to justify raising the user pass blocking OR lowering the CPU pass rush. I also think that lowering the speed threshold to 35 is what should be expected.

I have brought it up before and will continue to, but I do not want this to become a cake walk with how bad our teams are going to be. IMO, we should definitely continue testing and I'd like for others to try my settings out.

Recruit
    Just missed your post, peacefrogg. I'll start up the OD when my boy goes to sleep.

nm
    Last edited by amoore0192; 07-14-2013 at 07:51 PM.

How are da St. Louis Billikins or whatever around 86 in every category?

Recruit

2014 talk

Quote Originally Posted by Valid Username View Post
    How are da St. Louis Billikins or whatever around 86 in every category?
    He brought over 15 of his offensive players from the '13 squad, which was pretty dang talented.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoser11 View Post
    He brought over 15 of his offensive players from the '13 squad, which was pretty dang talented.
    Actually that was last years team. The one imported from 12. This year, SLU is 84 off, 60-some pathetic number on defense

Recruit
    The OD has started. We are at the preseason right now.

Lets move the conversation over here: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...-2014-Season-1