ok after some more labbing I figured out why sometimes the automotion running plays arent working, at least I found a consistent reason.

if you flip a automotion running play, doesnt matter the set, flexbone ace, gun, pistol, mamma's carriage...

and then user(keeping it reversed button + RT in 360 not sure what it is in ps3) or formation audible, it will borke up. FOr us flexbone users that have a play like the WB lead as our formation run audible, thats super bad karma.

but you can correct this if you are in a truly balanced set. Flexbone Normal, Wishbone Wide, I.e on a flipped play no one moves. before you select you flipped audible, simply flip you initial play back its right direction and then do your flipped audible. A pain in the ass I know, but the flipped play worked every time, and I havent had any the Flexbone Normal plays borke up when either called initially flipped or changed via audible this way.

Wingbone sets yeah Borked to high hell as they are not balanced. but honestly EA has them so bantam weighted they are about as much run to use as swatting at flies with tiny fly swatters.

still a fun game just have to figure out its quirks never been a football game that I havent had to figure out answers to its flaws. Prolly never will be, too many variables in the coding to deal with to many variables.