Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: cnballard05321's strategy videos

• Facebook
  • Display
    Freshman

cnballard05321's strategy videos

Ok guys we are back with my first offensive tip of the year. Today we are going to look at one of the things that separate good players from great players. Having the ability to make a play even when your opponent has called the wright defensive play opens up your offense so much. The best way I have found to user catch in NCAA 14 is to use comeback routes for a couple reasons.
    1. They are umbumpable on both ps3 and xbox on both sides of the field
    2. They get the ever so valuable inside position
    3. It is a 2 window route(meaning we can throw it early for a user catch or late for a computer catch)
    Before we get to the video if you would like to subscribe to my youtube channel I try to put out 1 video a day with content on how to improve in madden and ncaa football video games. Thank you guys for taking the time to check out this post and I will see you next time.
    Hope you guys can use this to take your game to the next level!

Useful Websites:
    maddentips.com
    maddenmoments.com
    maddenrevolution.com
    compete4eva.com

email me: ballardp90x@gmail.com
    My Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/cnballard0531?feature=mhee
    Follow My Blog: http://maddentips365.blogspot.com/
    Rdikes Channel: youtube.com/maddenmontager
    Zboys Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/maddenmo...ow=grid&view=0
    Sighn Up for the Ps3 CCM: http://www.maddentips.com/forums/sho...s-s-CCM-League
    Follow Me on Twitch: twitch.tv/cnballard0531
    Follow Me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Maddentips365
    Follow Me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Madden...ax_wizard=true
    Follow Hollow: https://www.youtube.com/user/hollowpoint33
    Follow gibs and farls: https://www.youtube.com/feed/UCLDTZWfdGngq6On2eVUSuiA
    Follow Zan: http://www.youtube.com/user/4wardProgressMadden

LMAO or you could just learn to read coverage 10/20 50% completion and an INT yeah no thanks.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    LMAO or you could just learn to read coverage 10/20 50% completion and an INT yeah no thanks.
    that was because i wasnt completely warmed up as far as stick goes this a tutorial showing a skill you can use to improve what happens when all your routes are covered and i have a contain on the field you need something like this so you can make a play when there is no play. just trying to give people ways to improve before the game comes out. that route is 100 percent when your hands are warmed up and you do it correctly. sorry if i rubbed you the wrong way, but i as do many other people think this is an important tactic to take your game from good to great

Quote Originally Posted by cnballard05321 View Post
    that was because i wasnt completely warmed up as far as stick goes.......that route is 100 percent when your hands are warmed up
    Wow! How could you forget to do your calisthenics before playing your video game? That's a good way to pull something and injure yourself. I personally pop in a short zumba tape and then do some thumb wrestling with my wife before I play any video game. It works like a charm too as I haven't injured myself yet and I always play much better than when I forget to stretch first.

When your hands are warmed up?

You push a button or two. You move two sticks up, down, left, right and at an angle. How the hell does that require "warming your hands up"? The only time I warm my hands up are before jacking off in the middle of the winter.

online lobby tacticts.

This guy obviously does not know what kind of gaming community this is. We don't need these "tactics" to win games. We play real football. lol

Freshman

How to Stop the Read Option in NCAA 14 and Madden Nfl 25

Ok guys as we all know the read option has been in college for a long time, but recently has taken the NFl by storm. Today we are going to take a look at a play I've never seen anyone else think about when talking about how they were going to lock this up. Now one of the options in Madden and N
    CAA this year is you can go in you pre-game adjustments and tell your players to either play the running back or play the quarterback. That option makes this defense even better. We go from what was a 85-90 percent to success rate to a 95-100 percent success rate. In my opinion this is one of the most essential videos for anyone serious about playing either one of these games. Be sure to watch today's video and subscriber for more videos if you enjoy it. Thanks for taking a look at this guys and I hope it helps you out.

If you guys enjoyed this video please take some time to check out my youtube channel for more free ncaa 14 and madden nfl 25 video content. Thanks guys!

Freshman
    sorry i couldn't be of any help to you guys just trying to give away good free content and help people who want to get better

Quote Originally Posted by cnballard05321 View Post
    sorry i couldn't be of any help to you guys just trying to give away good free content and help people who want to get better
    In all seriousness, you join on 6/20/13 and immediately start linking us to your you tube channel? Our rules are you are entitled to your opinions/views on the game but not your own classroom to clutter the boards...............When I grow up I hope to be a forum mod

Hey man, I've got to commend you as you're giving an effort to think about how to stop things in this game, I'm not sure who you normally play but that setup isn't going to fly against anyone that has played this game for longer than a week. The alignment of the field corner gives the play away, no matter if you're hot routing him into a sink zone or not, you're basically selling out to stop one play - again I completely understand that the average random online player doesn't understand football, but in an established sim online dynasty or against a knowledgeable friend you'd get torched running this play.

I challenge you to look for ways to stop/contain plays while still protecting your defense against other threats, namely any known constraint play for the play you're trying to stop. It can be challenging and you may not always stop the complementary plays, but until you start building you're defenses in this manner you're not helping anyone.

The true way to stop zone read:

I'm a HS head coach who runs the zone offense. Gap exchange is the key to stopping it. Focus on the back side.

A) Have the 5-tech stay in the C, have the will take read steps into the B
    B) Have the 5 crash the B (squeeze) and the will read the C.

This will change who the Q sees as "EMOL" but post snap.

More info:

http://fishduck.com/2012/08/the-coac...the-zone-read/

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmanfootball View Post
    The true way to stop zone read:

I'm a HS head coach who runs the zone offense. Gap exchange is the key to stopping it. Focus on the back side.

A) Have the 5-tech stay in the C, have the will take read steps into the B
    B) Have the 5 crash the B (squeeze) and the will read the C.

This will change who the Q sees as "EMOL" but post snap.

More info:

http://fishduck.com/2012/08/the-coac...the-zone-read/
    While I agree that gap exchange is one of the ways to stop zone read, offenses have evolved both in real life and in the game, they are now bringing a TE/H to kick out the C-gap defender. If you can get the C-gap defender down quick enough to squeeze the hole and spill the ball outside gap exchange will work against this concept. I still contend the best way to stop zone read is to dictate to the offense what you want them to do, keep the ball out of the most dangerous players hands then structure your defense around stopping the only thing that remains be it inside zone or QB keep.

The great thing however about offensive football is that the offense always has the chalk last and there are ways the combat the defenses response to zone read.

I've always called bringing the TE/H across form in zone to kick C-Gap a Wham block. He better be quick, avoid the RB reading the 3 on give and it limits the Q's path bc it almost guarantees keeping off tackle instead of bouncing to the sideline. The C-Gap player is taught to wrong-arm which could force a bounce- if successful. However that's one slow develop with safeties playing the alley and possibly a Will being the force player.

I understand where you're coming from however with gap-exchange you're now asking the offense to bring the TE/H across the formation and kick out the C-gap defender, you're only answer on defense if you want to continue to utilize gap exchange is to play Quarters so you can bring #3 (the safety) down to play the spill putting him in a bind to both play the vertical of #2 and fill the alley against zone read. I'm sure you can see where the problem is, not to mention most offenses answer to gap exchange now is to not only to bring a TE/H to kick out the C-Gap defender but to also put a slot to the read side who's responsibility is to block #3 (the safety) either by physically blocking him or by occupying him with bubble action. Additionally, once the defense declares it's answer to zone read is to utilize gap exchange the simple adjustment is to have the OT wall off the B-gap defender and simply run inside zone as the Will has already taken himself out of the play.

If I were to run a base defense I'd rather put a player closer to the LOS in a bind rather than my safety as one false step by him and the balls over his head for a touchdown.

Other available options to combat gap exchange are Midline Read and Inverted Veer. Midline works due to the defenses need to formationaly put a a DT in the A-gap (DE = B-Gap, Will = C-gap), move the read inside and you no longer need to worry about gap-exchange, inverted veer works much in the same fashion as the defense isn't going to be able to play gap exchange to both sides of the formation and remain structurally sound against all the complementary plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    I understand where you're coming from however with gap-exchange you're now asking the offense to bring the TE/H across the formation and kick out the C-gap defender, you're only answer on defense if you want to continue to utilize gap exchange is to play Quarters so you can bring #3 (the safety) down to play the spill putting him in a bind to both play the vertical of #2 and fill the alley against zone read. I'm sure you can see where the problem is, not to mention most offenses answer to gap exchange now is to not only to bring a TE/H to kick out the C-Gap defender but to also put a slot to the read side who's responsibility is to block #3 (the safety) either by physically blocking him or by occupying him with bubble action. Additionally, once the defense declares it's answer to zone read is to utilize gap exchange the simple adjustment is to have the OT wall off the B-gap defender and simply run inside zone as the Will has already taken himself out of the play.

If I were to run a base defense I'd rather put a player closer to the LOS in a bind rather than my safety as one false step by him and the balls over his head for a touchdown.

Other available options to combat gap exchange are Midline Read and Inverted Veer. Midline works due to the defenses need to formationaly put a a DT in the A-gap (DE = B-Gap, Will = C-gap), move the read inside and you no longer need to worry about gap-exchange, inverted veer works much in the same fashion as the defense isn't going to be able to play gap exchange to both sides of the formation and remain structurally sound against all the complementary plays.

Excellent way of describing it.

I agree with what you're saying. A lot of guys try to run eagle vs the spread which is why you saw offenses going with the veer and inverted veer looks. I call ours Dash (dive option) and Flash (flip or inverted veer). But I stand by the fact that the best way to stop it is to change who the QB is reading post-snap.

Teams will play a 2-shell vs the spread bc of so many 2x2 and 3x1 sets. The 2 shell is also how the 4-3 guys figured out how to stop the triple option back in the 80's (think: JJ and the 'Canes vs Oklahoma). Get your safeties split a little more wide and at 8-10 vs 10-12. They'll read #2, if it's bubble action the safety can fly up and play the bubble/option (hurts our zone-play action a little).

Without a doubt having a dual-threat QB puts the defense in a bind, hence the 50-40 scores we see weekly in the NCAA.

Aside from gap-exchange the two additional ways I see playing zone read is to play base with two-gapping down linemen (not always available based on talent), however its the only way the defense can match-up gap responsibility wise against the varying formations (although this isn't an option in the video game) or by bringing zone pressure. With the myriad of zone pressure options available to a defense you can both dictate the QBs read and have the ball carrier run right into the teeth of your defense while at the same time protecting against the complementary passing plays (this unfortunately really isn't an option in the video game either in a lot of cases), this takes a very disciplined defense as one missed gap can result in a big gain (look at Texas' defense from last season).

You are correct however in that there's not just one single answer, as a defensive coordinator you MUST have several options in your bag of tricks or else the offense will take advantage, but isn't that the case against any offensive concept.

Finding good 2-gap DL at the HS or NCAA level is very rare. Even the odd fronts in college often slant instead of true 2-gap read. It would take a guy like McCoy, Suh, Sapp... someone with top 10 talent to 2-gap. In the NFL they find them more often because of guys like Vince Wilfork who are freak athletes at 350lbs. When teams find those guys they hold on tight, and those players manage to stay around for years, especially odd-front 2-gappers like Vonnie Holliday.

Freshman

Madden Nfl 25 and NCAA 14 Basics to Beating Man Coverage: Using Tight Sets

Ok guys one of the main sets we want to cover when designing your own scheme is man beating formations. In my audible setup I like to use the 5 Sets for Success designed by Zfarls and Sgibs and one of those sets include a compressed formation designed to beat man to man coverage. Now what this allows us to do is when in the heat of game when our opponent is starting to lock down our offense by utilizing man to man coverage we can go to our man beating formation which we will have setup in our audibles. So one thing we use from the gun tight formation is motion snap drags and quick slants to generate picks and rubs in order for us to create separation against tight man to man coverage. Hopefully you guys will come away from this video never having a problem with beating 2 man under again. Thanks for watching guys and See You Next Time!

If you guys enjoyed this video make sure to come back tomorrow where I will show the basics to beating zone defenses and what you want to look for in a zone beating formation.