Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Fallout 4 (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Baby in party hat shown. If this is not a Fallout 3 remaster, I will not eat my shoe.

Bethesda accidentally released the pin to lock the clock and the internet goes crazy as it moved all the way to 9:50. Bethesda jank included in tease.

I'm at least reading! I'm gonna try and watch the stream here shortly, but sitting at hospital at the moment, so not sure I'll be able to. So in that case, I'm relying on your play by play to see what the hell all this hoopla is about!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We have a blurry screen and they removed all the items from the screen. People are expecting a reveal in 5 minutes. We shall see.

In the hospital? Is everything okay?

Todd Howard is now talking tease of new game

Fallout 76 new game. Have no clue what I just saw. Revealed nothing other than it was a new game. Wait for E3.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    We have a blurry screen and they removed all the items from the screen. People are expecting a reveal in 5 minutes. We shall see.

In the hospital? Is everything okay?
    Yeah, my dad is just having surgery on two hernias. It's nothing major or life threatening or anything. But I'm his ride out here and back home, so chilling in the lobby.

I did at least see the stream for the reveal of Fallout 76. Then the screen went black and never came back, so not sure if anything more is going on.

Most of the coverage was from inside a vault.

Someone found this on a fallout wiki.

The Vault-Tec terminal in the Citadel lists Vault 76 as a "control" vault, with 500 occupants. The vault was designed to open 20 years after a nuclear war, and was among the seventeen known control vaults, meaning that it was used as a baseline to compare to experimental vaults. It is also mentioned in one of the alien captive recorded logs (no.13) recorded by Giles Wolstencroft, a Vault-Tec official who was abducted while inspecting the vault's construction site. In Fallout 4, the newsreader in the prologue mentions Vault 76 debuting in 2076 in honor of America's tercentenary when discussing Vault-Tec's plans to expand.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, my dad is just having surgery on two hernias. It's nothing major or life threatening or anything. But I'm his ride out here and back home, so chilling in the lobby.

I did at least see the stream for the reveal of Fallout 76. Then the screen went black and never came back, so not sure if anything more is going on.
    Had a hernia surgery years ago. Painful as all get out to get up from a chair or bed for a couple days afterwards. Give him my sympathies on the ride home.

Had a hernia surgery years ago. Painful as all get out to get up from a chair or bed for a couple days afterwards. Give him my sympathies on the ride home.
    Yeah, he keeps thinking it's going to be no big deal after a day or two, other than he's not allowed to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk, but I think he's in for a surprise for these next couple days.

Unfortunately for him, he's dealing with a pinched nerve that is resulting in a lot of pain in his left leg when he sits or lays in certain positions, so the rest of this week may be rather miserable for him between the pinched nerve and recovering for double hernia surgery.

If anything I am disappointed that it was not John Denver singing Take Me Home, Country Roads.

Unfortunately for him, he's dealing with a pinched nerve that is resulting in a lot of pain in his left leg when he sits or lays in certain positions, so the rest of this week may be rather miserable for him between the pinched nerve and recovering for double hernia surgery.
    Wow, I have the same exact pinched nerve and pain primarily down my left leg. I just finished a two week physical therapy where they ran ultrasound in both hips to get heat to the affected area. Helped a little but the opiates help more. I can sit in a recliner fine. Easy to get up straight motion but can no longer lay down on a couch and sleeping in a bed is not quite as comforting as it once was. I was adopted, how old is your dad exactly? I might have found my twin.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 05-30-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Wow, I have the same exact pinched nerve and pain primarily down my left leg. I just finished a two week physical therapy where thy ran ultrasound in both hips. Helped a little but the opiates help more. I can sit in a recliner fine. Easy to get up but can no longer lay down on a couch and sleeping in a bed is not quite as comforting as it once was. I was adopted, how old is your dad exactly? I might have found my twin.
    He's 67. It just happened this past Sunday. We were outside in the morning finishing placing and leveling pavers to place the lawn furniture on this summer, rather than just having them in the dead grass and dirt where they've sat in years past. It just suddenly happened while finishing up and he's been dealing with it since. It seems to come and go for the pain. Parts of the day he's able to walk around and sit normally with little pain, then later it gets worse and he's barely able to walk upright through the house.

The anesthesiologist this morning even suggested physical therapy when the topic of the pinched nerve came up. He said it happened to him during anesthesiology school and therapy worked wonders for him.

Jason Schreier was right.

https://kotaku.com/bethesda-announce...-76-1826417383

we hear it’s an online game of some sort.
    Excitement just dropped exponentially after hearing this.

He's 67. It just happened this past Sunday. We were outside in the morning finishing placing and leveling pavers to place the lawn furniture on this summer, rather than just having them in the dead grass and dirt where they've sat in years past. It just suddenly happened while finishing up and he's been dealing with it since. It seems to come and go for the pain. Parts of the day he's able to walk around and sit normally with little pain, then later it gets worse and he's barely able to walk upright through the house.

The anesthesiologist this morning even suggested physical therapy when the topic of the pinched nerve came up. He said it happened to him during anesthesiology school and therapy worked wonders for him.
    Only 45 here so the search still continues. I highly recommend the therapy. Nerve pain is not fun at all. He may hate the idea but sometimes I use a rolling chair to press down on to take the streess of the back when walking around and getting up. The turning of the back to get up is the kicker. I do miss laying on the couch.

Welp gonna play some SOD2 and try to wash away the disappointment of this announcement and deal with the disappointment of waiting for a patch. Hope things work out well for your dad and push him to get into PT as soon as he recovers from the surgery. Also Tylenol 4, gotta get all the codeine possible.

Jason Schreier was right.

https://kotaku.com/bethesda-announce...-76-1826417383

Excitement just dropped exponentially after hearing this.
    Yeah, it being an online game sort of kills the excitement. I'll still follow it and see what it looks like as release date approaches, but this is no longer a sure day one buy as a true Fallout 5 would be.
    Only 45 here so the search still continues. I highly recommend the therapy. Nerve pain is not fun at all. He may hate the idea but sometimes I use a rolling chair to press down on to take the streess of the back when walking around and getting up. The turning of the back to get up is the kicker. I do miss laying on the couch.

Welp gonna play some SOD2 and try to wash away the disappointment of this announcement and deal with the disappointment of waiting for a patch. Hope things work out well for your dad and push him to get into PT as soon as he recovers from the surgery. Also Tylenol 4, gotta get all the codeine possible.
    I will do so! I'm sure he won't be too opposed if it'll help, since what he's going through now isn't too enjoyable. He ended up awake since 1:30 this morning because he couldn't find a good position to sleep in.