Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4 (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    That was classic Bethesda wonkiness at play.

Regarding the store, just be in the creation mode, go up to a character not already working on something else, click assign and then walk over to the store and click it. You should get a pop-up that says the store is now assigned. They do not always go over there instantly, just sleep 24 hours and they will be manning the store. It's tricky since the game does not tell you what characters are already doing, if anything, Also you could be taking them off something important like working crops and thus dropping the food supply. I tend to use only settlers and provisoners (you can borrow the caravan leaders to run a store if you catch one coming through town) but the companions and the original guys you save are really glitchy when it comes to working stores. Also when you do get one up running with a worker, check your workbench (transfer) every so often to collect profits.
    I did all that and days later no one is manning it. I wonder if I store it in the "warehouse" and put it back out there it'll do the trick? I dunno.

I have got the supply lines working though between Sanctuary, The Castle, and the Starlight. Not sure if I will do it for all, but I kinda want to take care of all the needs at all of the settlements just for something extra to do.
    The dude abides.

One has no single-player the other has no multi-player. If that matters the choice is easy.
    Well I have COD for multiplayer and my "play something different" other than sports games fix lol.

So honestly don't need the thrill of multiplayer, other than to completely try to destroy JB in it lol

Speaking of which...you ready to get back on the TGC grind yet! . I'm ready to get some rounds in against you

Just to make sure, you did physically build the store or are you talking about the one that already exists in The Castle? You have to have the Local Leader perk x 2 to build them and have people run them.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Well I have COD for multiplayer and my "play something different" other than sports games fix lol.

So honestly don't need the thrill of multiplayer, other than to completely try to destroy JB in it lol

Speaking of which...you ready to get back on the TGC grind yet! . I'm ready to get some rounds in against you

I would give Fallout 4 a go then. You are either not going to like it or become addicted and put a few hundred hours in.

If you see me on just hit me up and I will stop playing Fallout and hit the links. Have not touched it in some time and still have only an hour or so with Rory. Still need to play NBA2K16 and NHL16 for the first time. Fallout 4 is just eating up all my time and I need to take some breaks from it.

Just to make sure, you did physically build the store or are you talking about the one that already exists in The Castle? You have to have the Local Leader perk x 2 to build them and have people run them.
    Yeah I physically built the store in Sanctuary and have the perk.
    The dude abides.

The dude abides.

Now this is some power armor

The dude abides.

Anytime you post and image from the URL below it does not show up for me. It shows to be png but is the extension "webp" some kind of image format from google. Maybe it only shows up in certain browsers, Firefox not being one of them.

--->https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-8MKQ86LVdwI/VlzCd2J4PPI/AAAAAAAAHvA/B_dzo6HG_BQ/w530-d-h424-p-rw/overweight.png
    Last edited by bdoughty; 11-30-2015 at 04:49 PM.

It's a direct image url from Google Plus since Imgur is blocked at work.

What do you do with armor when not wearing the power armor? Go piece by piece? Or I got this Cage Armor real early in the game that has 24 and 27 for damage resistance.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Answered my own question. Found a nice piece of chest armor and combine the rest of the pieces, it was much more protection than the cage armor.

The dude abides.

Here's the first house I built. Nothing too fancy. Once I beat the game I might go all Bob Villa on Sanctuary.

https://youtu.be/7Ojyi6dXvOQ

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Answered my own question. Found a nice piece of chest armor and combine the rest of the pieces, it was much more protection than the cage armor.
    When doing the regular armor, I always go piece by piece. Much higher damage protection but can make you look a bit foolish early on with some of the raider combos available.

I play a bit differently. Most of the time in power armor, otherwise it is the Vault 111 jumpsuit by itself when playing sneaky. Never use any of the chems, just stick to stimpacks, rad-x and radaway. Will probably do a run on survival mode, doing the exact opposite next. Power Armor only when absolutely necessary and sucking down chems/booze with Cait as we try to destroy the world and obviously, all of our brain cells.

Will try to get a youtube of my setup.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 12-01-2015 at 04:22 AM.

When scavenging what does the magnifying glass next to the item name mean?

With the home base and collecting materials, I pick up almost anything especially with oil or screws.

The dude abides.

When you are out of an item, you can click a button to have it show up for research. Meaning there is a magnifying glass next to researched materials you find, to help you decide what needs to be picked up and put in your junk inventory.

I did this with a low level character so it needs a lot of work but it sports a basketball arena, the middle section is my Minecraft-esque inventory station and finally my house (minus any beds to keep out any of the NPC's).

Change it to 720p for HD.

Last edited by bdoughty; 12-07-2015 at 05:26 AM.

When you are out of an item, you can click a button to have it show up for research. Meaning there is a magnifying glass next to researched materials you find, to help you decide what needs to be picked up and put in your junk inventory.
    Ahhhhh

The dude abides.

I was able to kick Mama Murphy (through speech) off the junk and now the visions are gone. Just runs around telling me how she is true to her word and won't touch the Jet anymore. Should have overdosed her dammit.

My big complaint right now, as it was with Skyrim are the "radiant quests." Each faction has them where you save someone, get some tech, clear out an area, etc. The one that is most annoying me right now is the Minutemen. Three times in a row I received a kidnapping report from Abernathy Farms. All three times Mr. Abernathy's daughter was kidnapped. At some point Mr. Abernathy needs to consider locking her ass up because the Raiders seem to have some sort of "Big Lebowski" thing going with her. I just finish the quests and never turn them, to avoid Preston Garvey from giving out even more quests. Some of these are time sensitive and failure leads to unhappiness or damages at the settlement. At least with the BOS you can just say you are not ready for another mission. Really wish I could stop "random settlement is being attacked." Half the time I never see it pop up on the screen. Those are all timed and failure results in a settlements crops being knocked down and most of your defenses need to be repaired.

Just finished the Silver Shroud quest and is easily the best one I have played so far. I wish more quests were this detailed.

Thanks for the shareplay opportunity last night BD. Game was a blast to play. Definitely on my radar now. Never thought I would be building a basketball court in post apocalypse USA...

It was fun watching someone else learning the game.