Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NCAA Football 14 - Play a Season

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
    i am not a programming guy but i am almost certain that this mode takes up no additional space since it probably uses the scheduling and stuff from Dynasty
    Yeah you're pretty much spot on.

I agree a bit with cdj on this...........it didn't deserve a blog and hype, but it isn't a bad thing to have, as maybe I don't want to do a full dynasty with a number of teams, but do want to play some games with teams I don't normally use. Or fool around with a team with an offense I don't normally use. I could see running with several teams through Play a Season and having my major time commitment primary dynasty instead of past versions in which I would have one primary big dynasty and then a couple smaller dynasties that I'd dabble in with small schools or offense-experimentation...........

And as I've gotten older, my time has gotten less and less for games, so being able to just play through a season without all the recruiting and such with those secondary/small/fool-around teams sounds like it might be a nice alternative to trying to keep up with multiple dynasties.....

But yeah, not a huge feature at all to spotlight.

I'm pretty sure in regular dynasty you can set up the game so that the computer will do all the recruiting for you if you wish. So you could just play the games and not worry about anything else, and if you wanted to start over after a season you could. But I guess everyone was asking for this option, not sure who because I never seen anything on any forums about it. But I guess I wasn't looking in the places EA gets all there info from. It must be a secret sight some where where only top fans can vote on things to go into a game.

I'm pretty sure in regular dynasty you can set up the game so that the computer will do all the recruiting for you if you wish. So you could just play the games and not worry about anything else, and if you wanted to start over after a season you could.
    Yes, I know, but I don't like the way the CPU recruits as I'm rather TypeA, so it bothers me.

I don't mind Play a Season at all. Like EA said, it's great to have when you just want to simply play through some games in a team's 2013 season and don't want to have to deal with all the extracurricular stuff (recruiting, long advances between weeks because of CPU teams recruiting, etc). You can just jump straight in and out of games and have some fun with different teams.

I may actually end up spending some time with Play a Season just to give me the chance to try out some different teams, especially if I have yet to officially make my move to a new team in my coaching carousel dynasty. Depending on the job offers I get at the end of my current season, if '14 has already released, I may fire up Play a Season with a couple of teams that I've received an offer from and see what they play like (and their playbooks) in full, actual games against their 2013 opponents

Plus when I want to take a break between games in my dynasty, and just want to fire up a game with someone and whoop some ass, but don't want just a standard Play Now game, this will come in handy. That, and I can do something like play a season with Navy or Old Dominion (really interested in playing some games with them) and want to play their schedule, with all the bells and whistles, but just want to play games, not have to deal with the recruiting/dynasty aspect of it.

So I'm completely cool with Play a Season, my only issues was EA actually having a full dedicated playbook for it when it was nothing but a quick couple paragraph blurbs about "you can play the 2013 season of any team without any of the dynasty/recruiting aspects involved". It was a total waste of a playbook. EA could have found something else to have a playbook about. More about gameplay changes or something. But a playbook dedicated for Play a Season was just ridiculous.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 06-23-2013 at 03:01 AM.