Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 14 Demo Details & Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    I notice the read/pitch keys don't come up on every play they should.

I am having problems with the Inverted Veer. Is the read the playside DE?

I am an option guy so I have been playing as Oregon a bunch. What I do is each game I play in only one formation
    Last edited by RussellW65; 06-22-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I disagree. Most of the sports demos I have played were a pretty accurate representation of what the retail game would be. Of course I expect the retail version to have less glitches and be a bit more fine-tuned but I can't think of a sports demo where the retail version was significantly better than the demo. It can be tough if a demo is stuck on a low difficulty level like NCAA last year. I can understand some glitches and even reduced commentary but the gameplay is often very similar imo.
    I agree that the gameplay isn't a world apart between retail and the demo. However, if you don't like the AI in the passing game you can always adjust the sliders. I think PS3 users are the only users having real issues with the demo.

On the inverted veer you read the DE on the side of the QB. Then if you keep with QB you cut up towards the middle of the line, not to the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    On the inverted veer you read the DE on the side of the QB. Then if you keep with QB you cut up towards the middle of the line, not to the outside.
    Thanks
    Need to practice that play more

How do you read it? What's the cue?

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post
    I can't remember if this glitch was in NCAA 13, but I noticed that QB spikes aren't being recorded in the stats. The Ohio St. QB spiked the ball 3x during their last drive and yet his stats say he is 7-8 with that 1 incomplete being a completed pass to my safety. Not sure why the game doesn't recognize a spiked ball as a pass play.
    I do like that it now takes 2 seconds to spike it. I guess it replicates real life where now they say you can't spike with less than 3. In '13 you could spike with 0 time running off so you could get a spike AND a play if 1 second was on the clock after a first down.

Quote Originally Posted by DynastyJunkie View Post
    Don't ever judge a game by its demo. Especially, the sliders in the demo. Theirs so much they have to strip from a game to make the demo that their ends up being a lot of glitches. In every demo I've played (even non-sports games) the game itself is a lot better than the demo. Don't you think it's unfair to make a judgement off of three stripped bare games in a demo? I thought (and apparently a lot of other people too) thought the demo was very sharp. I've tested the passing game myself and on my Xbox 360 I haven't experienced these issues. I know the PS3 demo has had a lot of problems that the Xbox version hasn't had. But I don't know what console your using. Just a thought.....
    Unfair to judge a game by the demo? Demos are put out by the game manufacturers to try and draw in new customers. To say its unfair to judge a demo is silly in my opinion. I do agree that the demo isn't the full game and doesn't have all the features, but its not sooo far removed from the actual product that passing judgement on it is unfair. If that was the case, what would be the point of a company putting out a demo, if it doesn't even remotely give the gamer an idea of what the final product will be?

In any event, I'm not judging solely on the demo, but past history as well. In the past few years, in my opinion, the offense has been too overpowered in this series and from what I am seeing from the demo, that fact hasn't changed. I don't know how the 360 version plays vs the PS3, but when I can put the game on the highest difficulty level, take a team like Va Tech against 'Bama's defense and constantly throw the ball around like the defense isn't out there, something is wrong.

i agree that there needs to be a massive boost to DL... not coverage... i dont care who you are, you cant cover a guy more than 3 seconds... so, we need a massive upgrade to DL to get that rush to where it needs to be... which also will help vs the new options to neutralize some of it like a Nick Fairley from the NC game vs my Ducks... a guy highly rated/highly skilled can really make the reads extremely hard... of course this doesnt cater to casual gamers, so to judge the game period... is a waste of life IMO

it is a football game, you can play football on it... if you want total simulation football play in high school, college, semi-pro... otherwise this game will not be a Madden in which detailed ratings reflect the real life counterpart on the game... because in all honesty... TECHNICALLY... the guys you play with on NCAA arent "real"... jab at Madden all day long, but unless it is legal to represent those players on the field true to who they are as Madden does, it will never change... DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS, OFFENSE SELLS TICKETS(and NCAA Football games)

my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    It's kind of iffy to read, but the DE will generally almost always (at least in the demo) tackle the HB, so I run it as a designed QB Keep.

In the demo I read if the DE runs straight down I keep it with QB(good for a nice gain usually), and If he crashes in towards QB I hand it off and run outside with the HB (got a nice run against A&M because of great blocking down the field).

It's a little harder to read, because of the pulling lineman. But if the DE takes more of an outside path toward the RB then keep it. If he takes a few more steps inside like he is crashing give it to the RB. You won't make the perfect read everytime which is true in real life. Rarely will a QB make the right read 100% of the time. Also depending on the positioning the DE can play both if he has good agility.

Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
    i agree that there needs to be a massive boost to DL... not coverage... i dont care who you are, you cant cover a guy more than 3 seconds... so, we need a massive upgrade to DL to get that rush to where it needs to be... which also will help vs the new options to neutralize some of it like a Nick Fairley from the NC game vs my Ducks... a guy highly rated/highly skilled can really make the reads extremely hard... of course this doesnt cater to casual gamers, so to judge the game period... is a waste of life IMO

it is a football game, you can play football on it... if you want total simulation football play in high school, college, semi-pro... otherwise this game will not be a Madden in which detailed ratings reflect the real life counterpart on the game... because in all honesty... TECHNICALLY... the guys you play with on NCAA arent "real"... jab at Madden all day long, but unless it is legal to represent those players on the field true to who they are as Madden does, it will never change... DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS, OFFENSE SELLS TICKETS(and NCAA Football games)

my 2 cents
    Agree about the DL. I wish they added the ability to add twists and stunts. Would so help the pass rush

Quote Originally Posted by RussellW65 View Post
    I am having problems with the Inverted Veer. Is the read the playside DE?
    Quote Originally Posted by iForm View Post
    It's kind of iffy to read, but the DE will generally almost always (at least in the demo) tackle the HB, so I run it as a designed QB Keep.
    Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post
    In the demo I read if the DE runs straight down I keep it with QB(good for a nice gain usually), and If he crashes in towards QB I hand it off and run outside with the HB (got a nice run against A&M because of great blocking down the field).
    It's a little harder to read, because of the pulling lineman. But if the DE takes more of an outside path toward the RB then keep it. If he takes a few more steps inside like he is crashing give it to the RB. You won't make the perfect read everytime which is true in real life. Rarely will a QB make the right read 100% of the time. Also depending on the positioning the DE can play both if he has good agility.
    I started a thread in the X & Os area of the forum to discuss different spread options plays including the inverted veer. I posted links there for how a lot of these plays are read in real life. The best advice I can give on how to read them in the game is to use a second controller for the defense and then set their gameplan option to key on the QB and run through all of the option plays. Then go and change their gameplan option to key on the HB and run through the same plays again. This should give you an idea on what your reads will look like. It's kind of like what the "Skills Trainer" does but you can make it specific to each play and formation you want.

After playing the demo quite a bit, I think the DL play will end up bothering me the most about this game. These new option plays are great but the defense literally has NONE of the tools used to counter them available. I can't stand seeing all of my DL completely taken out of the play on 90% of these plays. Hopefully some slider tweaks will really help this.

A little concerning but 2 out of my last five games, at the end of the game my system has frozen. This happened on occasion last year for NCAA 13. Has anyone had this issue on PS3 with the demo???

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    A little concerning but 2 out of my last five games, at the end of the game my system has frozen. This happened on occasion last year for NCAA 13. Has anyone had this issue on PS3 with the demo???
    I wont use the VT- Alabama game now for that reason LOL

Well I won't be playing the NCAA demo. Download the thing lastnight. Attempt to install twice only for it to crap out with error during installation.

Not downloading this whole thing again.

Ah well

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Well I won't be playing the NCAA demo. Download the thing lastnight. Attempt to install twice only for it to crap out with error during installation.

Not downloading this whole thing again.

Ah well

Even on the 360?

I have deleted the demo. I'll await for Season Ticket so I can download the finished game and see how it plays. Hopefully some of the things that are concerning me from the demo will be better in the retail version. Also, will get a chance to see how "coach skills" work and hopefully can put that fear to rest, that they will be too powerful and cheapen the experience of the game.